CA : CAN - LAX $1,328 RT Business

Old Aug 12, 19, 10:15 am
  #1  
Used to be highman123
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,660
CA : CAN - LAX $1,328 RT Business




- Excellent deals to LAX incl. A350, Chinese visa required for domestic sector

- https://www.kayak.com/flights/CAN-LA...t=bestflight_a

- Earns up to 150%
MightyTravels is offline  
Old Aug 13, 19, 8:45 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: TLV
Posts: 459
I thought this was a pretty good deal, I'm surprised there are no replies -- am I missing something, other than the significant cancellation/change penalties?
E55 likes this.
Maayan is offline  
Old Aug 13, 19, 8:47 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: NYC
Programs: UA,IHG, Marriot
Posts: 2
CAN - MY HOMELANDDDDD

really wish it is JFK/EWR not LAX though
rabbitsdkk is offline  
Old Aug 13, 19, 9:48 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: AMS
Posts: 411
Originally Posted by rabbitsdkk View Post
CAN - MY HOMELANDDDDD

really wish it is JFK/EWR not LAX though
NYC is available for not much more
maxvor is offline  
Old Aug 13, 19, 9:54 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: AMS
Posts: 411
Originally Posted by Maayan View Post
I thought this was a pretty good deal, I'm surprised there are no replies -- am I missing something, other than the significant cancellation/change penalties?
2000 CNY is not that much of a penalty. I guess it's more about the fact that Chinese airlines often have really low fares on TPAC routes, plus AirChina in particular doesn't have any fancy brand new configurations to US. Contrary to what OP said, there is no CA A350 flying over Great Pacific garbage patch
maxvor is offline  
Old Aug 13, 19, 10:05 am
  #6  
Used to be highman123
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,660
Originally Posted by maxvor View Post
2000 CNY is not that much of a penalty. I guess it's more about the fact that Chinese airlines often have really low fares on TPAC routes, plus AirChina in particular doesn't have any fancy brand new configurations to US. Contrary to what OP said, there is no CA A350 flying over Great Pacific garbage patch
Contrary to your comment the A350 is flying the domestic sector as indicated.
MightyTravels is offline  
Old Aug 13, 19, 10:05 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: U.S. (sometimes)
Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Posts: 1,294
This website says a 24-hour transit is fine, even with a domestic flight within china, so long as the total time in China is less than 24 hours. https://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/transit.htm

Having said that, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try it, unless I heard from others who have done it. Even if the rules are clear, it doesn't mean that airlines will let you on the plane to China.
Colin likes this.
BigE is online now  
Old Aug 13, 19, 10:11 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: AMS
Posts: 411
Originally Posted by MightyTravels View Post
Contrary to your comment the A350 is flying the domestic sector as indicated.
Well, you message sounded more like "A350 to LAX" rather than "A350 on domestic sector and then dated 2-2-2 config to LAX". But fine...those are just words
maxvor is offline  
Old Aug 13, 19, 2:23 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,256
Good fare, I read the rules and see
VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING DEPARTURE OF OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR ON/AFTER 01SEP19 AND ON/BEFORE 25SEP19.
This would seem to limit travel to those dates in Sept for the outbound. Doesnt seem like and of the booking engines have coded that properly... Also seems inconsistent with the blackout dates in the fare rules which are outside of Sept...

Same fare for SFO too
stephem is offline  
Old Aug 14, 19, 12:34 pm
  #10  
formerly Guanran Wang
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: IAD/DCA, LON, BHX, HKG, PEK
Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Posts: 236
Originally Posted by stephem View Post
Good fare, I read the rules and see


This would seem to limit travel to those dates in Sept for the outbound. Doesnt seem like and of the booking engines have coded that properly... Also seems inconsistent with the blackout dates in the fare rules which are outside of Sept...

Same fare for SFO too
That is a different fare you are looking at. You should look for the Business Excursion fare which only has a blackout date, as well as TUE/WED/THU departure requirement.
Also this is not that much of a discount as CAN-LAX is concistently at 1900USD RT in J year round with other airlines.
Dominicus is offline  
Old Aug 14, 19, 12:40 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, HH Gold, MR Titanium, IHG Spire, Accor Silver, National EE, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,725
Originally Posted by Guanran Wang View Post
That is a different fare you are looking at. You should look for the Business Excursion fare which only has a blackout date, as well as TUE/WED/THU departure requirement.
Also this is not that much of a discount as CAN-LAX is concistently at 1900USD RT in J year round with other airlines.
I would consider $1328 a "big discount" compared to $1900.
Maayan and jfkeze like this.
Santander is offline  
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:44 pm
  #12  
formerly Guanran Wang
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: IAD/DCA, LON, BHX, HKG, PEK
Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Posts: 236
Originally Posted by Santander View Post
I would consider $1328 a "big discount" compared to $1900.
I agree it is quite a saving, but not TOO attractive for those based in Asia, especially for China. HU use to offer 1400USD ish direct CSX-LAX flight for over a year, so fares at this price ex-China to US is not all that common. There is even more fares at this level to EU, AY offered 1300USD RT to LON in J from both CAN and CKG EOS last year. If you dig a little more from secondary cities (outside of PEK/PVG/HKG) you will easily find superbly attractive fares from the likes of XIY/CSX/CKG/CTU/KMG/XMN/HAK etc on many carriers across alliances.
Dominicus is offline  
Old Aug 14, 19, 8:11 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Posts: 4,562
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
This website says a 24-hour transit is fine, even with a domestic flight within china, so long as the total time in China is less than 24 hours. https://www.travelchinaguide.com/emb...sa/transit.htm

Having said that, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try it, unless I heard from others who have done it. Even if the rules are clear, it doesn't mean that airlines will let you on the plane to China.
While I haven't done it on an intra-China segment, it wasn't that difficult to transit from my HKG-PEK flight to a PEK-BKK. Might be a problem coming into the domestic terminal at PEK though.
rbAA is offline  
Old Aug 14, 19, 8:29 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: Alaska
Posts: 522
Originally Posted by rbAA View Post
While I haven't done it on an intra-China segment, it wasn't that difficult to transit from my HKG-PEK flight to a PEK-BKK. Might be a problem coming into the domestic terminal at PEK though.
it is very different. You need clear immigration transiting to domestic. You donít for international to international.

i canít remember whether you need collect luggage and check-in again.

just checked my previous international to domestic transiting PEK. You have to clear immigration and collect luggage.

Last edited by freed0m; Aug 14, 19 at 8:35 pm
freed0m is online now  
Old Aug 14, 19, 8:31 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: Alaska
Posts: 522
Probably the same fare. SIN-LAX around US$2K. Can have A350 on SIN-PEK r/t

freed0m is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread