Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL/SkyTeam: China - Caribbean/South America from $1800 USD rt in Z

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Cheapest to Aruba, Bahamas, Jamaica, Netherlands Antilles, Saint Lucia, Dominican Republic, Bermuda in the Caribbean or to Ecuador, Chile in South America. Others also available, but starting at $2k+ which is still a great deal. Colombia, Costa Rica, Peru, Puerto Rico, Brazil, and Mexico starts around $2200-2300

MPM fare, so routing is generous. Can also find intra-Asia flights on KE, OZ, MU, CZ, etc

Books into Z class on Delta and earns up to 200% on some programs like Virgin Atlantic:
https://www.wheretocredit.com/delta-air-lines/z

Sample 1: Xi'an (Terracotta warriors) - Jamaica:

https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Search?trip=multi&leg1=from:XIY,to:MBJ,departure:0 1/30/2020TANYT&leg2=from:MBJ,to:XIY,departure:02/11/2020TANYT&passengers=children:0,adults:1,seniors:0 ,infantinlap:Y&options=cabinclass:business&mode=se arch

Sample 2: Beijing - Chile

https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Search?trip=multi&leg1=from:PEK,to:SCL,departure:1 1/12/2019TANYT&leg2=from:SCL,to:PEK,departure:11/18/2019TANYT&passengers=children:0,adults:1,seniors:0 ,infantinlap:Y&options=cabinclass:business&mode=se arch
Jaimito Cartero and z4017 like this.

Last edited by IAkH; Aug 10, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Forgot to mention, seems available to varying degrees from the following airports (not an exhaustive list): XIY/CSX/TSN/SZX/CKG/PVG/NNG/NKG/WUH/PEK/XMN/CGO/FOC/HAK/TAO
Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
SZX to GRU

Originally Posted by IAkH
Forgot to mention, seems available to varying degrees from the following airports (not an exhaustive list): XIY/CSX/TSN/SZX/CKG/PVG/NNG/NKG/WUH/PEK/XMN/CGO/FOC/HAK/TAO
Say I am looking at Shenzhen to Sao Paolo

How are you searching for cheapest city pairs across multiple dates/trip duration?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:41 pm

woah great fare! not a ST person myself but a bit old memory told me OK has a quirky good program so that is also an option.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chichow

How are you searching for cheapest city pairs across multiple dates/trip duration?
I'm just doing a lot of searches. I've seen VCP, but its a bit more expensive and only from HAK so far::

chichow likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, UA Silver, DL Plat, AS MVP, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Was able to price $1870 leaving on 8/31 PEK-SCL in D1/F the whole way. 767 outbound & 767/A350 return. So get one leg in D1 suites.
chichow likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Shanghai to Buenos Aires from $2254

​​​​​
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:18 am

is there any way to price it on Matrix? or is stopover allowed? Thanks for any help!
Old Aug 11, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: BA AVIOS , Qanats
What is the best option to book
Old Aug 11, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Plantz
What is the best option to book
Book fast if you see dates that work, things that 3 hours ago had plenty of space have repriced. Try secondary cities and play with Google Flights...
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:10 am

Anyone find availability still to SCL at these prices?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Originally Posted by chichow

I'm not hunting for this particular one, but if I were, I'd be using ITA Matrix (Matrix - ITA Software by Google), Nearby cites and Calendar (with a range of dates).

I might experiment with the above to using Nearby on just one end at a time. Or maybe just list the cities possible for me in the Departing From and/or Destination. And when I could see some cities pairs that could work, I'd try different ranges of dates.

The one thing I'd do is do it NOW. Those things go away really fast. Then I'd book immediately, remembering that Delta has 24 hour cancellation for me to think more deeply. And the 24 hours really is until midnight of the second day.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
I think it's gone. Was looking at this fare before went to the gym, for just some 60 mins and it's gone!
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Delta Plat, BA Gold
appears DEAD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.