Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

VS: (Premium Economy) JFK to TLV From $1157 and earn 3410 MQDs!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Very attractive fare from Virgin Atlantic with service in Premium Economy from New York to Israel. The benefit of this fare is that it credits at 150% of flown distance as MQMs and RDMs and 30% of distance as MQDs.

So on a simple $1157 trip from JFK to TLV you can accumulate 17052 RDMs and MQMs 3410 MQDs or a 2.95 MQD Ratio

Source: DansDeals and several other online sites including my site PremiumCabinDeals

Book Flights Here!

​​​​​​
MaxVO likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:39 am

Nice find.
Also good out of LAX for $1250. Pricing good through May 2020

Last edited by Yarons; Aug 8, 2019 at 10:45 am Reason: Added photo
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
And about $1350 out of IAD
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:21 am

Also: MIA-LHR-TLV r/t at $1,209.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Also: MIA-LHR-TLV r/t at $1,209.
MIA-TLV would earn 19974 RDMs 19974 MQMs 3995 MQDs 3.30 MQD Ratio
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam1222
And about $1350 out of IAD
IAD-TLV would earn 17730 RDMs 17730 MQMs 3546 MQDs 2.62 MQD Ratio
LeedH likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yarons
Nice find.
Also good out of LAX for $1250. Pricing good through May 2020
LAX-TLV would earn 23067 RDMs 23067 MQMs 4613 MQDs 3.69 MQD Ratio
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Just a word of caution... make sure you check the fare code before buying your ticket! Doing a dummy booking right now has these fares listed as "O" which is one of their cheapest economy fares! I got burned on this last year and it was extremely frustrating.

OPS
MaxVO likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, UA Silver, DL Plat, AS MVP, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mattya9
Just a word of caution... make sure you check the fare code before buying your ticket! Doing a dummy booking right now has these fares listed as "O" which is one of their cheapest economy fares! I got burned on this last year and it was extremely frustrating.

OPS
Burned as in they didn't honor PE or burned as in it didn't credit correctly?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA, JAL

OPS
I think it books into 'k' and yields a surprisingly low number of miles for VS program (15k approx at 100% for LAX).
VS do have a very good product, so it is a good deal, definitely. As mentioned, probably more so if you credit to DL.
I experimented with breaking up the LHR connection, but the price increases by 250 (presumably APD/tax).
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by crjtraveler
Burned as in they didn't honor PE or burned as in it didn't credit correctly?
Neither. These cheap fares are coded as regular economy tickets but you sit in PE. So unless you actually check the fare breakdown to see what it's CODED as you're under the assumption you'll get the PE earnings. This happened to me with a ticket I bought through Orbitz. I called Delta and they told me over and over again the ticket was coded as "O" by VS and "O" earns very little on DL's chart. So while VS and DL technically aren't doing anything wrong, or illegal, it's very deceiving. Hence why I can't stress enough how important it is to check the fare CODE before buying the ticket.

OPS
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:47 pm

Neither. These cheap fares are coded as regular economy tickets but you sit in PE. So unless you actually check the fare breakdown to see what it's CODED as you're under the assumption you'll get the PE earnings. This happened to me with a ticket I bought through Orbitz. I called Delta and they told me over and over again the ticket was coded as "O" by VS and "O" earns very little on DL's chart. So while VS and DL technically aren't doing anything wrong, or illegal, it's very deceiving. Hence why I can't stress enough how important it is to check the fare CODE before buying the ticket.

OPS
But you're still in PE. Definitely an argument to be had as the Delta partner earnings chart is pretty clear PE seats earn PE miles and MQMs.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cls06j
But you're still in PE. Definitely an argument to be had as the Delta partner earnings chart is pretty clear PE seats earn PE miles and MQMs.
These on various OTAs show up as K class which is a PE fare with Delta. As usual keep all screenshots and confirmation emails showing PE just in case Delta has issues posting the miles. But there shouldn't be any problems as it's a PE fare...
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
These on various OTAs show up as K class which is a PE fare with Delta. As usual keep all screenshots and confirmation emails showing PE just in case Delta has issues posting the miles. But there shouldn't be any problems as it's a PE fare...
I had the same argument with screenshots included of my “K” fare and I was told to pound sand. They told me it goes off the ticket code.

OPS
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
There really isn't any such argument to be made... Earning is always based on the code, not what seats you may or may not have flown.
SightseeMC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.