Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/UA/DL US-LHR business class $2700

AA/UA/DL US-LHR business class $2700

Old Aug 3, 19, 6:21 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Programs: Global Entry
Posts: 117
AA/UA/DL US-LHR business class $2700

Anyone else noticed unusually cheap business class fares from US to London Heathrow around Dec 27th 2019? Google flight is showing $2.7k for a roundtrip in business class in AA/UA/DL around that time for a 3-day trip. Is there some sort of promotion going on?
flyinggum is offline  
Old Aug 3, 19, 8:53 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ozarks
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 85
AA Fair rules American (AA) IQN6A1S5

FROM THE UNITED STATES -
PERMITTED 27JUL 19 THROUGH 20AUG 19 OR 23NOV 19 THROUGH
30NOV 19 OR 09DEC 19 THROUGH 16DEC 19 OR 22DEC 19
THROUGH 03JAN 20 OR 06APR 20 THROUGH 08APR 20 OR
11APR 20 THROUGH 16APR 20 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
TO THE UNITED STATES -
PERMITTED 05AUG 19 THROUGH 05SEP 19 OR 24NOV 19 THROUGH
30NOV 19 OR 09DEC 19 THROUGH 10JAN 20 OR 07APR 20
THROUGH 18APR 20 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
Satblaster is offline  
Old Aug 4, 19, 9:09 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Programs: Global Entry
Posts: 117
Originally Posted by Satblaster View Post
AA Fair rules American (AA) IQN6A1S5

FROM THE UNITED STATES -
PERMITTED 27JUL 19 THROUGH 20AUG 19 OR 23NOV 19 THROUGH
30NOV 19 OR 09DEC 19 THROUGH 16DEC 19 OR 22DEC 19
THROUGH 03JAN 20 OR 06APR 20 THROUGH 08APR 20 OR
11APR 20 THROUGH 16APR 20 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
TO THE UNITED STATES -
PERMITTED 05AUG 19 THROUGH 05SEP 19 OR 24NOV 19 THROUGH
30NOV 19 OR 09DEC 19 THROUGH 10JAN 20 OR 07APR 20
THROUGH 18APR 20 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
thx, but care to explain how i can interpret this wall of texts?
flyinggum is offline  
Old Aug 4, 19, 6:01 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ozarks
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 85
so pick a date listed from outbound on top example 1/3/2020 and a date from bottom half 4/12/2020 and use those on AA website that is what I used to get the $2700 fare
Satblaster is offline  
Old Aug 5, 19, 12:03 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Programs: Global Entry
Posts: 117
Originally Posted by Satblaster View Post
so pick a date listed from outbound on top example 1/3/2020 and a date from bottom half 4/12/2020 and use those on AA website that is what I used to get the $2700 fare
ok that makes more sense. thx
flyinggum is offline  
Old Aug 6, 19, 7:40 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CLT
Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Posts: 4,224
Originally Posted by flyinggum View Post
Anyone else noticed unusually cheap business class fares from US to London Heathrow around Dec 27th 2019? Google flight is showing $2.7k for a roundtrip in business class in AA/UA/DL around that time for a 3-day trip. Is there some sort of promotion going on?
It is the traditional stub period in the Holiday Season where business travel tends to be very slow, and European BC fares get heavily discounted.

Safe Travels
GTITAN is offline  
Old Aug 7, 19, 9:20 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern Calif./Eastern Ida.
Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
Posts: 17,067
Originally Posted by GTITAN View Post
It is the traditional stub period in the Holiday Season where business travel tends to be very slow, and European BC fares get heavily discounted.

Safe Travels
except that "traditionally" (3-5 years ago) these fares were under $2000 round trip now we get this "heavy discount" to almost $3000
ijgordon, GTITAN, seanp7 and 6 others like this.
PV_Premier is offline  
Old Aug 7, 19, 12:00 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,994
Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
except that "traditionally" (3-5 years ago) these fares were under $2000 round trip now we get this "heavy discount" to almost $3000
That Sunday after Thanksgiving also used to be a valid travel day for these fares -- not any more. Dec 1 is excluded.
blort is offline  
Old Aug 7, 19, 12:40 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Posts: 687
Does aarp work? LAX is 2550 BA on AA metal, so can get it down to 2350?
frebay is offline  
Old Aug 7, 19, 1:59 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 1,186
Amex iap can also get the price lower too.
hamburglar is offline  
Old Aug 7, 19, 2:02 pm
  #11  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 92,343
Originally Posted by hamburglar View Post
Amex iap can also get the price lower too.
Are you sure? Recently I've noticed that IAP doesn't seem to offer discounts on DL Z and at least some DL I fares. The fare rules have language about "no further discounts."
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Aug 7, 19, 7:36 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,693
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Are you sure? Recently I've noticed that IAP doesn't seem to offer discounts on DL Z and at least some DL I fares. The fare rules have language about "no further discounts."
IAP is bringing WAS-ZRH down to about 2300 for the dates Iím looking at.


Example flights
E55 likes this.

Last edited by murphy; Aug 7, 19 at 7:44 pm
murphy is offline  
Old Aug 7, 19, 7:58 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: AS MVPG, DL Gold, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Posts: 4,245
Not to London, but SQ has offered JFK to FRA on numerous occasions in recent years for $2K. Actually, the most recent offer from SQ would allow one to travel from the US all the way to SIN (via FRA stop or layover) for around the same cost.
Repooc17 is offline  
Old Aug 7, 19, 8:13 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Posts: 687
Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
Not to London, but SQ has offered JFK to FRA on numerous occasions in recent years for $2K. Actually, the most recent offer from SQ would allow one to travel from the US all the way to SIN (via FRA stop or layover) for around the same cost.
Is this deal still active?
frebay is offline  
Old Aug 7, 19, 8:19 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: AS MVPG, DL Gold, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Posts: 4,245
Originally Posted by frebay View Post
Is this deal still active?
No longer active: [PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008 (J all the way for a few hundred dollars more than $2K).
Repooc17 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: