Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA/AA ISB-U.S.A. sub-$2,000

Old Jul 28, 19, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Ag, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Spire, Hyatt Glob, Shangri-La

Fares from Pakistan are often low but this is better than usual. I can't replicate this when starting on aa.com but Kayak links there:

Depart Islamabad, Pakistan to San Francisco, CA

Friday, September 27, 2019 to Saturday, September 28, 2019

FlightDepartArriveTravel timeAircraftClassSeats 6730 American AirlinesOperated by British Airways
11:10 AM
ISB4:00 PM
LHR8h 50m788Business
  • ó ó
Stop: London, United Kingdom (LHR) 6146 American AirlinesOperated by British Airways
7:50 PM
LHR10:35 PM
JFK7h 45m744Business
  • ó ó
Stop: New York (JFK) 2305 American Airlines Wi-Fi on-boardPower on-board4:20 PM
JFK8:02 PM
SFO6h 42m32BBusiness

Return San Francisco, CA to Islamabad, Pakistan

Friday, October 4, 2019 to Monday, October 7, 2019

FlightDepartArriveTravel timeAircraftClassSeats 6045 American Airlines Wi-Fi on-boardOperated by Compass Airlines as American Eagle
5:00 PM
SFO6:38 PM
LAX1h 38mE75FirstStop: Los Angeles (LAX) 6185 American AirlinesOperated by British Airways
3:30 PM
LAX10:10 AM
LHR10h 40m380Business
  • ó ó
Stop: London, United Kingdom (LHR) 6731 American AirlinesOperated by British Airways
9:15 PM
LHR9:25 AM
ISB8h 10m788Business
  • ó ó

Cost summary

Your total

$1,980.31
Includes all taxes and carrier-imposed feesPassenger

Similar itinerary to LAS for $1,811.43 or DFW for $1,703, PHX, JFK, etc. I haven't played around with the routings.

I don't see the fare conditions or even booking class anywhere. Can anyone help?
Old Jul 28, 19, 8:18 am

Positioning and/or ESTA-denial might be an issue for some, so take ISB with caution!
Originally Posted by mecabq View Post
I don't see the fare conditions or even booking class anywhere. Can anyone help?

RollAnotherFatOne likes this.

Last edited by alp67; Jul 28, 19 at 8:35 am
Old Jul 28, 19, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Ag, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Spire, Hyatt Glob, Shangri-La
Thanks. It's hard to read -- does that say change/cancellation is PKR 3000 (around $19)?

This is of limited value to most travelers, though Pakistan has a new e-visa; I applied (some weeks ago ) for a multiple-entry. And living in the UAE, flights to ISB are plentiful and cheap. . .
Old Jul 28, 19, 8:29 am

Thanks. It's hard to read -- does that say change/cancellation is PKR 3000 (around $19)?

This is of limited value to most travelers, though Pakistan has a new e-visa; I applied (some weeks ago ) for a multiple-entry. And living in the UAE, flights to ISB are plentiful and cheap. . .
Yep to both! Sorry, was really hard to read. I changed the picture and the change/cancel fee is PKR 3'000
Old Jul 28, 19, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Well, then, I am in. Placed on hold ISB-LAS for $1,811. I class all the way. We shall see what happens.
Old Jul 28, 19, 8:50 am

for tp maximizers:
Has to be flown ISB-LHR on BA as DOH isn't allowed; three transfers in Europe possible, TATL has to be on AA or BA (AA coded) flight, two transfers in the US possible.
Total of two stopovers are free in Europe and/or US.
Old Jul 28, 19, 1:47 pm

Caution this may slow down your future travels

If you fly this route it could slow you down on future travel to other locations at customs and entry points for additional screening. To be clear Iím not saying just this trip but future travel so do not whine about why your being SSSS
Old Jul 28, 19, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Any way to ticket this on BA stock? AA EXP looking for distance earning and not Fare based.
Old Jul 28, 19, 2:50 pm

Even Cheaper to IAD in December - $1687 USD
Old Jul 28, 19, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by rivlinm View Post
Any way to ticket this on BA stock? AA EXP looking for distance earning and not Fare based.
You could try ba.com multi-city search with dates & flights you've found on ITA. As far as I can tell you might be able but price will be significantly higher.
Old Jul 28, 19, 3:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, AC, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
IAD: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...3*2.USD.173293

LAS: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...1*2.USD.194331

PHX: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...6*2.USD.179786

JFK: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...3*2.USD.168403
Old Jul 28, 19, 10:51 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
If you fly this route it could slow you down on future travel to other locations at customs and entry points for additional screening. To be clear Iím not saying just this trip but future travel so do not whine about why your being SSSS
you right to be concerned but in my personal experience it has had zero impact.

in the past 3-4 years Iíve been to Pakistan ~10 times and in the same time been to the US ~20 times.

i was able to continue travelling on ESTA, get Global Entry and have only ever had SSSS once.

So although be wary, itís had no impact on me as a UK passport holder.
Old Jul 28, 19, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lewis42 View Post

you right to be concerned but in my personal experience it has had zero impact.

in the past 3-4 years Iíve been to Pakistan ~10 times and in the same time been to the US ~20 times.

i was able to continue travelling on ESTA, get Global Entry and have only ever had SSSS once.

So although be wary, itís had no impact on me as a UK passport holder.
Related question: Would it be safe to transit ISB with a 1:45 window? The BA flight shifts from an 11:10am departure to 9:00am at some point in the fall. There is an Emirates flight arriving at 7:15. Assuming an on-time flight and no checked bags (and a visa), do you think that this would be low-risk?
Old Jul 28, 19, 11:19 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Related question: Would it be safe to transit ISB with a 1:45 window? The BA flight shifts from an 11:10am departure to 9:00am at some point in the fall. There is an Emirates flight arriving at 7:15. Assuming an on-time flight and no checked bags (and a visa), do you think that this would be low-risk?
If itís the same ticket; sure why not.

if itís a different ticket... no way! No way!
Old Jul 28, 19, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Tough call. If low risk for you, I think you could do it. ISB is by far (if not only) the nicest airport in Pakistan. I arrived on time on a PK flight last year and was quickly off and through immigration in minutes. That said, it wasn't a wide body (regional prop flight), but if checked in for the next flight I could see it working.

Not sure if BA has any special security like they do in CAI, IST or other 'dangerous' markets.

Why not stay a day? ISB is a wonderfully peaceful and simple city. Plus cheap.

good luck.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: