Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

3U: SYD-URC $955USD/$1360AUD rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Usual about Chinese airlines/China transit bad, visa required etc

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...79*2.USD.95479

Angled flat seats throughout but definitely decent deal for an ex-Australia premium fare. From URC you can connect to various ports in Central Asia on separate tickets for a reasonable deal too if you are brave enough to deal with the transit.

Edit: certain date combinations even cheaper, as low as 882US/1260AU
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:39 am
Suspended

Any deals on SYD-CTU-PRG? Since 3U flies to PRG and CPH.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by chongcao
Since 3U flies to PRG and CPH.
And FCO (Rome) since last month.
ZRH, too, as a tag from PRG, but this ends soon.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Don't want to go off topic but..
Head's up that the situation in Xinjiang / Ürümqi is at times "Delicate" as a foreigner. Your phone might subject to inspection and installation of spyware in certain circumstances. Read this article for more details: Caravanistan

It's not Shanghai or Beijing...
irishguy28 and ft543 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: most
Well done @belfordrocks really really good prices ex Aus, ah but the trauma of China immigration.....
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:28 am

From URC you can fly to Moscow for about $1100 with S7 recliner seats or Ukraine / Russia from $1300 with Air Astana... (Now that would be an experience for Chinese immigration!)
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
If you are a Moslem (and show your faith openly), I'd recommend not to fly to URC.
jfkeze and Temedar like this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Don't want to go off topic but..
Head's up that the situation in Xinjiang / Ürümqi is at times "Delicate" as a foreigner. Your phone might subject to inspection and installation of spyware in certain circumstances. Read this article for more details: Caravanistan

It's not Shanghai or Beijing...
Thanks for the link, some useful info for sure, but I do think the fear mongering is a bit over the top. I have never had problems finding hotels in Xinjiang or in advance.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Diamond, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by moondog
Thanks for the link, some useful info for sure, but I do think the fear mongering is a bit over the top. I have never had problems finding hotels in Xinjiang or in advance.
I would agree with the sentiment, I travel to Xinjiang 3/4 times a year and I can't say my experiences reach anything on the level that the dystopian link shares.

Yes there is checkpoints on roads and sometimes the foreign passport confuses some provincial police guards and there is a large police presence in cities, however I have never had my phone checked or been forced to install an app when travelling around or arriving to URC either domestic or internationally.

If you can overlook the treatment by some of the population you will find Xinjiang an amazing part of china and don't let that link put you off.

Again I am only saying this a a white, western business traveller and maybe the experience is different for other tourists.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Leaping_Deere
I would agree with the sentiment, I travel to Xinjiang 3/4 times a year and I can't say my experiences reach anything on the level that the dystopian link shares.

Yes there is checkpoints on roads and sometimes the foreign passport confuses some provincial police guards and there is a large police presence in cities, however I have never had my phone checked or been forced to install an app when travelling around or arriving to URC either domestic or internationally.

If you can overlook the treatment by some of the population you will find Xinjiang an amazing part of china and don't let that link put you off.

Again I am only saying this a a white, western business traveller and maybe the experience is different for other tourists.
It can be very different, I was there earlier this year and while I didn't have apps forcibly installed on my electronics like jfkeze mentioned, I found out I had followers at times (not the Instagram type).
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by redadeco
It can be very different, I was there earlier this year and while I didn't have apps forcibly installed on my electronics like jfkeze mentioned, I found out I had followers at times (not the Instagram type).
I haven't been to URC and the comment were more second hand knowledge (online reports). It also varies by ethnicity and passport. I don't want to go off topic, more like saying it's not a part of China that is as used to foreigners as Shanghai or Beijing so heads up... But realistically if you do SYD-URC and then a separate ticket to Europe you should be OK...
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:33 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by moondog
It is really not fearmongering. MFSocket.exe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.