Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Shenzhen: London to Phuket from £1,458!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shenzhen: London to Phuket from £1,458!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by chongcao
It is not that simple. Many airports in China with international flights does not transfer your luggage automatically due to local custom clearance. That means even if you are doing international to international transfers, you will HAVE TO PICK YOUR LUGGAGE AND RECHECK-IN. If the airport does not have TWOV or the 72/144 hours Transit Visa on Arrival facility, you would not be able to continue your journey with out the vital pick up your luggage thing.

Last time when I flew via CTU doing international transfers with Air China for both sectors I have to go out the immigration and pick up my luggage to recheck-in. It is PIA in Hell.

SZX is not known to be an international getaway hub airport unlike PEK or PVG or CAN, I would not be surprised if you have to pick up your luggage before you can continue to HKT or SIN.
The first time I did such a international-international transfer (via Beijing) on a single ticket, my luggage was checked all the way through...only I found out when I arrived at my destination in fact they expected me to pick-it up at baggage claim and re-check it. The next flight was another 5 days away...

I would add that for SZX, the International part of the terminal is quite small and compact and the lounge is not that great. It is comfortable but lacking facilities - no showers for example (you have to try at the Plaza Premium lounge instead). The staff are quite nice though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.