Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

MH: DEL-KUL-PER/SYD/MEL in J from $1383USD

Old Jul 16, 19, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Lost of open dates through 3/2020, and for those traveling from North America there is a MIA-DOH-DEL on QR on 3/23 and 3/25 for $2456 additional, or many dates with YUL-DEL via HEL on AY or DOH on QR for $2283.

If you can nest this in another trip you get a nice trip to down under in Business class. Not a great ROI on its own though - 1987 EQD, 14901 EQM, 9.28 cpm and 144% ROI

With the QR trip total is $3839 from USA, 5693 EQD and 42699 EQM, 8.99 CPM and 148% ROI.

Again not the greatest from NA, but if you are over in India good way to visit Australia.
Old Jul 16, 19, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Thanks for posting, as a good reminder of a good fare, which is nevertheless, a regular fare rather than a deal.

That being said, you can make it better by routing DEL-KUL-SYD-PER, which adds over 4000 miles at essentially the same price, thus boosting your ROI.

Old Jul 16, 19, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Fantastic thank you!
Old Jul 16, 19, 1:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by ubiest View Post
Thanks for posting, as a good reminder of a good fare, which is nevertheless, a regular fare rather than a deal.

That being said, you can make it better by routing DEL-KUL-SYD-PER, which adds over 4000 miles at essentially the same price, thus boosting your ROI.

If I'm not mistaken one of the underlying fares is a DEL-PER that allows routing via SYD...
Old Jul 16, 19, 9:13 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, MH Platinum, SPG Plat75
find

Hi guys I will like to do New Delhi, KUL, SYD PER return. but can't find any of theses

Would really appreciate a Google Flight example - any guidance greatly received - I'll blame jet lag .... and if it's a real easy fit I have just had a 10 hour followed by 13 hour flight.

Thanks Dudes

Last edited by Brookhouse; Jul 16, 19 at 9:15 pm Reason: typo
Old Jul 17, 19, 3:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, AC, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Brookhouse View Post
Hi guys I will like to do New Delhi, KUL, SYD PER return. but can't find any of theses

Would really appreciate a Google Flight example - any guidance greatly received - I'll blame jet lag .... and if it's a real easy fit I have just had a 10 hour followed by 13 hour flight.

Thanks Dudes
Here's PER via KUL for USD1414, 29 March to 6 April: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...7*2.USD.141277.

Matrix show PER via KUL and SYD, 11 February to 19 February for USD1411. Using bookwithmatrix.com, I can replicate on Priceline: https://www.priceline.com/m/fly/sear...id=11554367SID.
Old Jul 17, 19, 3:48 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
If I'm not mistaken one of the underlying fares is a DEL-PER that allows routing via SYD...
Any idea on how to make this work? I have tried, but searches just pull up the DEL-MEL fare.
Old Jul 17, 19, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
A good starting point for this fare

MH: DEL-Australia r/t in J from ~US$1,350
Old Jul 17, 19, 6:33 am
Original Poster

If you want to include the SYD leg for extra miles (del-kul-syd-per) you can use ITA Matrix, otherwise on google flights you are going to have to make this a multi-city flight and it will probably not book out correctly. Google flights doesn't have the controls on it to make it work for complex faring.

But as others have said, jut put in del-per, select oneworld as the alliance or Malaysian Airlines as the airline, business class and round trip and your dates. Then select PRICE GRAPH to see when prices drop. You can also adjust the length of your trip to see how that affects the price on the price graph on Google Flights. You have to be flexible with your dates.

Below is the ITA Matrix screen showing how I use the calendar function to find the pricing, which works better and easier. I use Book with Matrix and the book with matrix extension in my browser to book the tripst

Old Jul 17, 19, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, MH Platinum, SPG Plat75
Thanks Guys ... all very helpful ��
Old Jul 17, 19, 10:08 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond
best to book via Expedia India.. thats what i did

hard to price it on the MH website. and i dont think can even call in to price it in the call centre IIRC
Old Jul 19, 19, 9:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, OZ Club Diamond, *A Gold, QFF Gold, BAEC Gold, OW Emerald
Thanks, everyone for the help! I was able to book dates in January for DEL-KUL-SYD-PER-SYD-KUL-DEL all with lie-flat A330s and the SYD-PER-SYD on Qantas metal. Priceline priced out fine after some work.
Old Jul 20, 19, 9:03 pm

Is it possible to arrive in DEL and immediately go through flight connections to transfer to the DEL-KUL flight without an Indian visa? My inbound flight to DEL will also be international. Otherwise adding a visa would add additional US$100+ cost at least to this TP run.
Old Jul 21, 19, 12:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
Is it possible to arrive in DEL and immediately go through flight connections to transfer to the DEL-KUL flight without an Indian visa? My inbound flight to DEL will also be international. Otherwise adding a visa would add additional US$100+ cost at least to this TP run.
have you checked TIMATIC?
Old Jul 21, 19, 3:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
When sorting out my trip for last March I found some comments saying that transfers were possible without a visa. There is a quite a bit of info on this thread: Delhi T3 transfers [merged questions and experience reports]

In the end I took the visa option and added a 48hr stop over on my return leg which allowed sufficient time to travel to Agra and see the Taj.

My flight out to DEL was with Swiss and they checked my bags right through to PER, at DEL, as we had flown first we were met by a very helpful member of the airline ground staff staff who dealt with all the transfers for us, we were overnighting in the airside hotel. Even with her help, and no bags, the transfer was slow.

Sorry it doesn't answer your specific question

Search this Thread
Search Engine: