Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

WY: ADL-LHR o/w J AUD$2209

WY: ADL-LHR o/w J AUD$2209

Old Jul 15, 19, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, EY Plat, A3 Gold, KL Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Thumbs up WY: ADL-LHR o/w J AUD$2209

cheap by Australian standards. Books into MH Economy ADL-KUL then WY Biz the rest of the way KUL-MCT-LHR:

https://flights.app.goo.gl/uVNTt
Old Jul 15, 19, 4:05 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SPG Plat
The longest leg is in Y. Hilarious.
nancypants and Scottyrocket like this.
Old Jul 15, 19, 5:46 am

I'd pay AUD350 more to position myself to melbourne in a 1.5 hour economy for a all-business hainan airlines trip to london...lol
Old Jul 15, 19, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, EY Plat, A3 Gold, KL Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by shek3112 View Post
I'd pay AUD350 more to position myself to melbourne in a 1.5 hour economy for a all-business hainan airlines trip to london...lol
That fare is only available on select Thursdays and takes 53 hours including 2 overnight layovers (MEL & CSX) and 3 stops. I'm not in it for the experience, but rather to get to my destination quickly with a reasonable amount of sleep. The WY flights are cheaper, available every day of the week, and take a full 24 hours less.

Originally Posted by ignorantcow View Post
Yes ignorantcow, but that's also the daytime leg. For someone who will fly the kangaroo route 16 times this year on my own dime (yes, you read that right), the only things I care about are price & sleep. There are 14 nighttime hours here in WY's J, plus 7 hours of lounge access for exactly 33% of the QF J price for same day, same route. Same amount of sleep in a better quality seat, $4400 saved.

As an actual real-life commuter between EU and AU this is a good deal, and I post it as a) I bought it for later this week instead of a CX PE fare for the same price and b) I know I would have appreciated finding it on Flyertalk myself.
palmanfr, Reds2011 and DiamondMile like this.

Last edited by EFATO; Jul 15, 19 at 11:43 pm
Old Jul 16, 19, 12:55 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
How does a return fare price?
Old Jul 16, 19, 12:59 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
The longest leg by ... five minutes. By a more accurate measure, 65% of this route is in J.
Old Jul 16, 19, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by EFATO View Post
That fare is only available on select Thursdays and takes 53 hours including 2 overnight layovers (MEL & CSX) and 3 stops. I'm not in it for the experience, but rather to get to my destination quickly with a reasonable amount of sleep. The WY flights are cheaper, available every day of the week, and take a full 24 hours less.

As an actual real-life commuter between EU and AU this is a good deal, and I post it as a) I bought it for later this week instead of a CX PE fare for the same price and b) I know I would have appreciated finding it on Flyertalk myself.
Appreciate your advice @EFATO
truely speaking it's only my preference... as i have lots of friends and family in both places when i travel through i usually pay a brief visit before continuing haha but true if looking for a fast way to travel your deal is indeed pretty good~
Old Jul 16, 19, 4:32 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

It wasn't a dig at you @EFATO.

I think this is sneaky on MH's part. Take a look at this fare for example https://flights.app.goo.gl/Y7YmN
Old Jul 16, 19, 6:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
It wasn't a dig at you @EFATO.

I think this is sneaky on MH's part. Take a look at this fare for example https://flights.app.goo.gl/Y7YmN
That's a Condor MH trick that I hate... Almost every city pair has DE FRA-KUL in Business and then MH KUL-XXX but in Y!
Old Jul 16, 19, 6:56 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

@jfkeze exactly. Now it seems like they're playing this game with WY too.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: