Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TV (Tibet Airlines) HEL-TNA J RT 1351 / OW 672

Old Jul 2, 19, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY PLT, DL FO, AA, LH, EK, TK, IHG PLT w/AMB, Marriott Silver

This might be more like novelty, but still pretty amazing fare between Europe and China. Tibet Airlines operates twice weekly (Mondays and Thursdays) at least until 14OCT between Helsinki and Jinan with A330-200, no idea about the seat or the service concept, but if you want to try something exotic, here you are. And the best part is that this fare seems to be bookable one-way with more or less half of the return fare.

Skyscanner
Old Jul 3, 19, 2:48 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, Aegean silver, Umbi Umbi classic
That's a very interesting fare for an exotic bird. Tempting to try it out.

Does anyone know if TWOV is possible at TNA if holding two separate tickets, ie flying in from Seoul on China Eastern and leaving within 24h to HEL?
Old Jul 3, 19, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
A330 = full flat (although 2-2-2 forward facing by the looks of it. Limited privacy, but good for travelling with a companion, and no cubbies or nooks to have to fit your feet/leg in to).

Brief trip report: Tibet Airlines First LXA-CTU
DALtoAAL likes this.
Old Jul 3, 19, 10:33 am

Programs: IHG Spire RA; Flying Blue Platinum, several others at not highest tier
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer View Post
Does anyone know if TWOV is possible at TNA if holding two separate tickets, ie flying in from Seoul on China Eastern and leaving within 24h to HEL?
Jinan isn't on the list for either 72h or 144h TWOV; i know not your question but someone might ask :-)

I would also check if you're allowed to board your plane TO the Jinan as airline might not know all (and they are responsible to take you back if you can't get in).
I have done in both PEK and CTU even without any stamps to get again on the next plane (I did have hand Luggage only and had my boarding passes). i asked some staff to get me back into the international part.

but how i read here:
https://www.travelchinaguide.com/emb...sit-24hour.htm

it must work as all airports except 5 opted in.

if you can fly hand Luggage only i would try to do that.
Old Jul 3, 19, 12:18 pm

Programs: Alaska, Aegean, BAEC, SkyPass, Asiana, Enrich, Marriott/SPG

TNA has only 1 terminal so a TWOV is easy and certainly possible.
Map of TNA terminal from MU website:
Old Jul 3, 19, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)

To confirm the above post - there are no apparent restrictions on 24-hour TWOV at this airport.
Old Jul 4, 19, 3:20 am

Also valid opposite direction! Good find
Old Jul 8, 19, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
Is Jinan one of those Chinese cities with 8 million inhabitants but no one has ever heard of?
Mailand likes this.
Old Jul 9, 19, 1:06 am

Programs: BA GGL + CCR, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by x1achilles View Post
Is Jinan one of those Chinese cities with 8 million inhabitants but no one has ever heard of?
quite obscure, but capital of Shandong province, which boats Qingdao and Yantai as more famous neighbours. I spent two days there many moons ago, great food and smart karaokes.
Old Jul 9, 19, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Originally Posted by ubiest View Post
quite obscure, but capital of Shandong province, which boats Qingdao and Yantai as more famous neighbours. I spent two days there many moons ago, great food and smart karaokes.
Yeh, Jinan is outshone in Shandong province by Qingdao which is a major Chinese port, has a few beaches, is famous for Tsingdao beer the- brewery was established by the Germans when controlled Qingdao. With some colonial architecture and a striking Catholic cathedral in the old commercial area of the city there is something about Qingdao with its preserved heritage that many cities in China don't have. It also has an LED light show to rival HK harbour. Not that you've heard of it....

Yantai isn't too bad either.

I can't remember anything that is worth looking at although it was a few a few years since I was there. A good day trip from Jinan would be to see the confucius temples at Qufu which are considerably closer to Jinan than Qingdao. Taishan mountain which is on the way to Qufu is also worth a look.
Old Jul 9, 19, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by plunet View Post
Yeh, Jinan is outshone in Shandong province by Qingdao which is a major Chinese port, has a few beaches, is famous for Tsingdao beer the- brewery was established by the Germans when controlled Qingdao. With some colonial architecture and a striking Catholic cathedral in the old commercial area of the city there is something about Qingdao with its preserved heritage that many cities in China don't have. It also has an LED light show to rival HK harbour. Not that you've heard of it....

Yantai isn't too bad either.

I can't remember anything that is worth looking at although it was a few a few years since I was there. A good day trip from Jinan would be to see the confucius temples at Qufu which are considerably closer to Jinan than Qingdao. Taishan mountain which is on the way to Qufu is also worth a look.
Weihai has outstanding seafood and great ocean views, it has been heralded as the best city to live in in China for a few years.
and Zibo as well as Weifang have pretty impressive industries and marvelous china, but not much tourism wise.
right outside Shandong border, Shangqiu is an ancient capital used by quite a few older smaller dynasties. Shandong itself was the territory of the once powerful Lu kingdom.
All in all Shandong is a very well-rounded province with a nice balance of mountains and ocean, cities and countryside, industrial and agricultural pursuits, better than a lot of others and well worth exploring.