Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: Biz Sale from UK to USA from $1700-2100s

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA: Biz Sale from UK to USA from $1700-2100s

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by Raffles

Can we please have a rule blocking all posts here which reference Inverness starting points?!

The cost of getting to Inverness, coupled with the lack of suitable low cost accommodation for anyone who can't back to back, means it is a non-starter for most people to save the £166 APD.

It is effectively just clickbait for the 99.8% of the UK population who are not within an hours drive of INV,

Inverness is £11 on the train off peak from Glasgow, £20 from Edinburgh, Are you including most of Scotland in that 99.8%?

Hotels there is Holiday Inn, Jurys, A Marriot being built not to mention the local b&bs rather than staying in a sterile chain hotel.

Also in most cases the base fare is also lower from INV never mind just saving the APD its usually cheaper overall too,

5 of us travelled to Vegas exInv £11 each on the train, Got off the train got the bus to the airport, Granted its easier from LHR as a b2b but as a family of 5 we saved nearly £1k, people just need to take their London tinted specs off. 99.8% of the country isnt London afterall :-)
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: Meow Mix

Can we please have a rule blocking all posts here which reference Inverness starting points?!

The cost of getting to Inverness, coupled with the lack of suitable low cost accommodation for anyone who can't back to back, means it is a non-starter for most people to save the £166 APD.

It is effectively just clickbait for the 99.8% of the UK population who are not within an hours drive of INV,
No.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:11 am
Original Poster

well, this escalated quickly
kilo, kyushuman, dsf and 11 others like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Inverness is £11 on the train off peak from Glasgow, £20 from Edinburgh, Are you including most of Scotland in that 99.8%?

Hotels there is Holiday Inn, Jurys, A Marriot being built not to mention the local b&bs rather than staying in a sterile chain hotel.

Also in most cases the base fare is also lower from INV never mind just saving the APD its usually cheaper overall too,

5 of us travelled to Vegas exInv £11 each on the train, Got off the train got the bus to the airport, Granted its easier from LHR as a b2b but as a family of 5 we saved nearly £1k, people just need to take their London tinted specs off. 99.8% of the country isnt London afterall :-)
Good examples to demonstrate what a silly suggestion that was. Indeed, I have my 2nd of 4 trips starting from INV and I live in Northants. I like Scotland...I like Premier Inn (of which I think there are 3 in INV), I like the savings involved and the airport is v easy. Quite the contrary, let's have more INV originating flight tips!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others

This is ridiculous when we have posts regularly on this board about starting premium cabin runs in significantly-harder-to-get-to places than Inverness. Are you really suggesting it's harder to get to Inverness for the majority of the posters on this board than Rangon? (I'm not saying we should be blocking posts about Rangon, either.)

It's easy to re-position to Inverness on Avios. It's also entirely feasible to get a flight there while traveling within Europe, as I've done several times on KLM. And there's a £100 Holiday Inn Express 10 minutes from the airport, so cost of accommodation isn't an issue, either.
kingstontoon and JamieABZ like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by notiflyr
well, this escalated quickly

As most people have commented, the issue isn't so much the content - I sometimes feel like complaining about ex-CAI fares because the fares mentioned around here are usually just standard, regular-priced fares from what happens to be a cheap market - but the fact that it comes from Raffles, who is doing quite nicely from people wanting to save money on flights, amongst other things. The hypocrisy is breath-taking...
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
95% of the posts in this forum are not relevant to my needs (maybe higher) but I check anyway because you never know when the 5% will save me some significant coin. That's the way the forum works.
If we are going to "ban" anything my preference would be to relegate the PE fares to another location. There is a huge gap between PE and biz class.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif

As most people have commented, the issue isn't so much the content
Right, the funny thing is I didn't post any INV fares in the OP lol
flyerwoof likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:47 pm

You also included Belfast, which I'd say it's more of a hassle to get to.
It's been a long time but from memory Inverness is quite a nice place to visit too. As for the surrounding countryside.....
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL

Have you been hacked?
flyerwoof likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
Not a particularly good time to visit Vegas (inv-las): £1632 (First class)

​​​​​​https://www.google.com/flights?prmd=tniv&lite=0#flt=INV.LAS.2019-11-19*LAS.INV.2019-11-29;c:GBP;e:1;a:ONEWORLD*ONEWORLD;sc:f;sd:1;t:f
notiflyr likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: US, AA, UR, MR
GF showing similar prices ($2K+) in F, EDI/INV/ABZ - ORD, December - end.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by craigthemif

The hypocrisy is breath-taking...
No hypocrisy of all - I don't think HFP has ever used an Inverness fare to headline a BA sale article.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

No hypocrisy of all - I don't think HFP has ever used an Inverness fare to headline a BA sale article.
Neither did the OP.

The hypocrisy is Raffles the FT contributor complaining about a single post on FT that mirrors quite a few articles on HfP, as @msm2000uk so kindly demonstrated.

Listen... we all have bad days or post something on FT that we later regret. But no need to double down on it...
Bell47G3B likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 4:50 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
I mean seriously, there are so many people suggesting Kathmandu as starting point for Oneworld flights on FT, and people complain about INV being inaccessible? Oh and a marriott is opening end of 2019 too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.