Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

FJ: SIN-LAX R/T S$980 I for SIN-NAN and NAN-SIN, R for NAN-LAX and LAX-NAN

FJ: SIN-LAX R/T S$980 I for SIN-NAN and NAN-SIN, R for NAN-LAX and LAX-NAN

Reply

Old Jul 1, 19, 9:06 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: Alaska
Posts: 238
FJ: SIN-LAX R/T S$980 I for SIN-NAN and NAN-SIN, R for NAN-LAX and LAX-NAN

https://www.google.com/flights?q=sin-lax&client=firefox-b-d&channel=trow&source=lnms&impression_in_search=tr ue&mode_promoted=true&tbm=flm&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi54I _R7ZPjAhUihuYKHbSpBhYQ_AUIECgB#flt=SIN.LAX.2020-03-23.SINNAN0FJ360~NANLAX1FJ810*LAX.SIN.2020-03-25.LAXNAN0FJ811~NANSIN3FJ361;c:SGD;e:1;a:FJ*FJ;sd: 1;t:b;sp:2.SGD.97770*2.SGD.97770

select Expedia to book SIN-NAN and NAN-SIN will show "I" class, class mapping error?
select Fiji airways will show economy

Did not complete booking.

AS 18+ EQM and 28+K RDM with no status.
CX_newbie and SightseeMC like this.
freed0m is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 19, 9:24 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 66
Only the SIN > NAD maps in I class. The longhaul is in economy.
xslash10x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 19, 9:32 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 123
1) OP stated clearly
2) itís NAN not NAD
3) SIN-NAN is 8,307 km and NAN-LAX is 8,925 km, so itís really close to say NAN-LAX is the longer flight.

quinzinho likes this.
HypnoticSpecter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 19, 10:15 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Programs: BA, JAL
Posts: 514
As a conservative estimate that's like 30 percent rebate in miles alone. Higher if you value miles above 1.
RollAnotherFatOne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 19, 10:16 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: DPS, LOP
Programs: HH Diamond, OZ Club Diamond, *A Gold, Bonvoy Gold, QFF Silver, BAEC, AS
Posts: 21
Booking confirmed and e-ticket issued through Expedia. I was able to make seat selections at Fiji Airways website. Roundtrip - Business (I) from SIN to NAN and Economy (R) from NAN to LAX.

Let's see if this sticks!
rybylee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 19, 10:56 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SFO / HGH
Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,459
Originally Posted by rybylee View Post
Booking confirmed and e-ticket issued through Expedia. I was able to make seat selections at Fiji Airways website. Roundtrip - Business (I) from SIN to NAN and Economy (R) from NAN to LAX.

Let's see if this sticks!
Same. Works to SFO as well, which is what I booked.

Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne View Post
As a conservative estimate that's like 30 percent rebate in miles alone. Higher if you value miles above 1.
As a 75K, I calculated around 48,000 RDM if my math is correct. I value AS miles at $0.015, so for $720 in miles, this was a no-brainer.

Last edited by pushmyredbutton; Jul 1, 19 at 11:08 am
pushmyredbutton is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 19, 11:35 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Booked. Thanks for sharing!

Just wondering; is it possible to skip the onward flights to the US to fly business SIN>NAN>SIN? Or is return ticket likely to get cancelled due to no show?
-- update after -trying- to read fare rules & restrictions:
Looks like that the return flight will get cancelled: "NOSHOW RESULTS IN CANCELLATION OF THE SECTOR AND FORFEIT FARE PAID FOR THE NOSHOW SECTOR. NOSHOW-RESULTS IN CANCELLATION OF ALL FUTURE SEGMENTS FOR THE SAME ORIGIN AND DESTINATION."

Last edited by tomonFT; Jul 1, 19 at 11:46 am Reason: new info
tomonFT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 19, 12:33 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 15,658
Originally Posted by tomonFT View Post
Booked. Thanks for sharing!

Just wondering; is it possible to skip the onward flights to the US to fly business SIN>NAN>SIN? Or is return ticket likely to get cancelled due to no show?
-- update after -trying- to read fare rules & restrictions:
Looks like that the return flight will get cancelled: "NOSHOW RESULTS IN CANCELLATION OF THE SECTOR AND FORFEIT FARE PAID FOR THE NOSHOW SECTOR. NOSHOW-RESULTS IN CANCELLATION OF ALL FUTURE SEGMENTS FOR THE SAME ORIGIN AND DESTINATION."
Airlines dont work like that. You miss a flight, the rest get cancelled.
flyerCO is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 19, 4:03 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane
Programs: Velocity Platinum, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
Posts: 110
Zero earnings for R on QF.
nzthunderboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 19, 9:36 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 6
Thanks lots for sharing! Also works for Honolulu!
lovelybao123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 19, 12:00 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: SQ TPP, BA silver, GA silver
Posts: 65
Thanks OP!
cgklax is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 19, 7:07 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 11
Great find! Any luck getting this to work on the US site? Would love to book this with the free 24 hour cancellation if possible.
Big Meech is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 19, 7:15 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: MIA
Posts: 379
Originally Posted by Big Meech View Post
Great find! Any luck getting this to work on the US site? Would love to book this with the free 24 hour cancellation if possible.
Doubt it. Fare rules say only valid for purchase in South East Asia
sgan317 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 19, 9:37 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Bangkok Thailand
Programs: Lifetime Marriott Platinum,AA Lifetime Gold,Hyatt SPG Platinum,UAL Lifetime Platinum,
Posts: 49
Thank you OP Booked 8/26 to 8/31
verstein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 19, 1:46 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 35
just being 99% sure of the obvious but there's no way to book this at anywhere near this rate with the chase portal, right?
PRoth59 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread