Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FJ: SIN-LAX R/T S$980 I for SIN-NAN/NAN-SIN, R for NAN-LAX/LAX-NAN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] FJ: SIN-LAX R/T S$980 I for SIN-NAN/NAN-SIN, R for NAN-LAX/LAX-NAN

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by wholenoni
More than a little off topic but i needed to share - I get to skip my birthday this year ! Leaving LAX 11PM day before birthday arrive NAN 0540 day after - can I be 64 for another year? :-)
hey congrats! but... unfortunately in the air you will reach 00:01 (+1) before the plane passes the International Day Line lolllll
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:30 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
I can't seem the price out R and I fare on the return segment if it happens after march... Even when I availability exists it won't auto upgrade...
Old Jul 26, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: Lifetime Marriott Platinum,AA Lifetime Gold,Hyatt SPG Platinum,UAL Lifetime Platinum,
Booked another SIN-LAX for $715 on FJ with SIN-NAN return in Business
Old Sep 1, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Has anyone flown this fare yet? Just wondering if they did honor the SIN-NAN-SIN segments in J and the seat assignments selected.

Also is there lounge access at NAN in both directions?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kaykaykaydee
Has anyone flown this fare yet? Just wondering if they did honor the SIN-NAN-SIN segments in J and the seat assignments selected.

Also is there lounge access at NAN in both directions?
I can't speak on the former but there is an FJ lounge in NAN. Take the escalator down from departures. They accept Priority Pass too. The rate for access otherwise is FJD $99. I am not sure about access connecting J to Y but as a OW Connect partner now, access rules should be similar. Credit cards & USD accepted here as well as in the shops and concessions. It is a decent lounge with table service for drinks or from the bar.

There is only one exit out to the aircraft. You queue up when your flight is called. Once your boarding pass is scanned you go outside to an open air deck to your flight. They will also do a secondary search of your carry-on before boarding.

For the smokers, there is a smoking room further down the hallway past the lounge accessible to anyone

James
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: Qantas Frequent Flyer, KrisFlyer, Bonvoy (ugh), Mileage Plan
Is anyone still able to get this to price? I am not having any success via expedia. All I can get to come up is both legs in R class (ugh)
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Does anyone know the checked luggage rules for this ticket if it involves a stopover? How does the MSC rules work in this case?
If there is a stopover on the outbound, is it Y allowance for the NAN-LAX leg? Or is it business allowance all the way?
donnyiu likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 9:54 am

Hi, any flew on this promotion? how was the experience?
Schi and donnyiu like this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Gayli Bee
Hi, any flew on this promotion? how was the experience?
I booked flight for Jan 2020, Wondering does this flight get honored?

Anyone who done the trip mind sharing? like what is the baggage allowance? check-in at business or econ counter?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: skymiles
No credit on AA for NAN-LAX, no lounge on LAX to/from, lounge in SIN (British or Qantas) O/B and NAN return, I only had carry-on, OW Status does not get lounge access for OW Connect in NAN o/b nor LAX I/B
donnyiu likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: Velocity Platinum, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
I am worried if this is going to be worth for QF.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by donnyiu
I booked flight for Jan 2020, Wondering does this flight get honored?

Anyone who done the trip mind sharing? like what is the baggage allowance? check-in at business or econ counter?
It gets honored. Without OW status you're stuck with the Dnata lounge in SIN. No lounge access in LAX either way. NAN lounge available free NAN-SIN and with priority pass from NAN-LAX. Economy check-in at LAX.

I didn't see this posted here, but a word of warning for anyone expecting to get the SQ-style angled biz class seats - the SIN route routinely sees ex-Air Seychelles leased birds, with a different biz class seat (still 2-2-2). Massive legroom, but IFE is broken and tablets distributed. It's actually true lie-flat, but the seats are old and lumpy and very uncomfortable. If the seatmap is showing 16 biz seats, you'll be on this bird (3AB are crew rest)
Attached Images  
donnyiu likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by wholenoni
No credit on AA for NAN-LAX, no lounge on LAX to/from, lounge in SIN (British or Qantas) O/B and NAN return, I only had carry-on, OW Status does not get lounge access for OW Connect in NAN o/b nor LAX I/B
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
It gets honored. Without OW status you're stuck with the Dnata lounge in SIN. No lounge access in LAX either way. NAN lounge available free NAN-SIN and with priority pass from NAN-LAX. Economy check-in at LAX.

I didn't see this posted here, but a word of warning for anyone expecting to get the SQ-style angled biz class seats - the SIN route routinely sees ex-Air Seychelles leased birds, with a different biz class seat (still 2-2-2). Massive legroom, but IFE is broken and tablets distributed. It's actually true lie-flat, but the seats are old and lumpy and very uncomfortable. If the seatmap is showing 16 biz seats, you'll be on this bird (3AB are crew rest)

Thanks guys !! very informative
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, CX G, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott TTN
Anyone still got flights on this? Flying next week and saw Alaska has a mileage promotion on flights to "South Pacific" giving a 100% mileage bonus. As I'm flying SIN-NAN-HNL-NAN-SIN, you would definitely get 100% bonus on the HNL-NAN leg, but possibly the SIN-NAN leg as well (the email does not say the flight must originate in the US, which is probably what they imply). So this could add an extra ~8,000-1X,000 miles or so to AS accrual depending whether ultimate destination is HNL or LAX. See link below.

https://www.alaskaair.com/promo/FJ2001
Old Feb 15, 2020, 12:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, OZ Club Diamond, *A Gold, QFF Gold, BAEC Gold, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by cjwong88
Anyone still got flights on this? Flying next week and saw Alaska has a mileage promotion on flights to "South Pacific" giving a 100% mileage bonus. As I'm flying SIN-NAN-HNL-NAN-SIN, you would definitely get 100% bonus on the HNL-NAN leg, but possibly the SIN-NAN leg as well (the email does not say the flight must originate in the US, which is probably what they imply). So this could add an extra ~8,000-1X,000 miles or so to AS accrual depending whether ultimate destination is HNL or LAX. See link below.

https://www.alaskaair.com/promo/FJ2001

Thanks for this heads up! I have flights in May, but its SIN-NAN-LAX so we'll see if any extra gets credited. On a side note, does having Qantas Gold or BA Gold allow for complimentary preferred seat assignments on the ECO legs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.