Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL/KL: SEA to HEL from $2,475 return and earn 4,662 MQD!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Helsinki over the New Year seems like a great way to celebrate and maybe get a chance to see the Northern Lights. This are Delta / KLM flights through Amsterdam.

Dates seem to be good end of December to beginning of January.

First time poster, so I can't submit the links here and still getting used to all of this, so please let me know if I've done something wrong.
ft543 and Pocatello like this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:17 pm

Just a quick comment: the chances to see northern lights in Helsinki area are pretty slim. First, in the south you can only observe northern lights when the magnitude of geomagnetic disturbances is high and that does not happen that often. Also the urban areas are not the best place to watch night sky phenomena due to the light pollution. Finally, when conditions are suitable, to actually see any auroras you will then need a clear sky.
Thus, for the northern lights it would be better to travel further to the north.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For more MQDs than the fare cost, this would be booked through KLM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.