Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

YVR - PTY Flat CM $600 USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YVR - PTY Flat CM $600 USD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:28 pm

can be combined with SFO origination on a half-roundtrip hidden-city basis to save $700

LAX not an option under fare rules

Last edited by Colin; Jun 22, 2019 at 3:37 pm
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:23 pm

Just booked it. Thanks for the heads up!
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Originally Posted by Zombieball

Dollar (often represented by the dollar sign $) is the name of more than 20 currencies, including those of Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Jamaica, Liberia, Namibia, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, and the United States.

The flight departs from Canada, it is fairly reasonable to assume said price is in Canadian dollars.
Not a reasonable assumption at all.
Non-USD dollar currencies are clearly marked out.
Check out any threads titled with flights departing Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, etc and they all state AUD, NZD, SGD. The forum has over 20 years worth of this expression.
Despite whatever the sticky might say, 80% of current content where the dollar sign is used is short form for USD. The remaining 20% almost always accompanied by their identifier, e.g. NZD, CAD, etc. I would ignore any posts which suggest otherwise as it clearly does not recognise current usage here.
xedubx, Unionruler and Mailand like this.

Last edited by RollAnotherFatOne; Jun 23, 2019 at 7:52 am
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's also an error to put "lie flats" in the thread title. Even when the Max goes back in service (and I tend to think that will not be for a while), CM aircraft swaps are quite common. They only have six of the Max 9s in their fleet.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:17 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

We don't need more debate about the currency issue, but please note the following from the "Welcome to the MR Forum" sticky at the top of the forum:

Post fare in local currency of the fare and include the local currency abbreviation so that the currency is clear (e.g. USD 100, EUR 100, AUD 100, CAD 100 etc). To avoid confusion for our international posters, we suggest the usage of "USD" instead of "$" if you are referring to US Dollars. If you want to add a value in a second currency, it's quick and easy to get an exchange rate at xe.com or similar sites.

--jpdx, MR Moderator
margarita girl and manually like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's also an error to put "lie flats" in the thread title. Even when the Max goes back in service (and I tend to think that will not be for a while), CM aircraft swaps are quite common. They only have six of the Max 9s in their fleet.
it is an *error* for the op to correctly identify the type of seat scheduled for the flight? Ok....
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dval44
it is an *error* for the op to correctly identify the type of seat scheduled for the flight? Ok....
It's currently not the actual seat, b/c the MAXs are all out of service until date unknown. So yes, I call that an error. Further, even when the MAX returns, swaps are a meaningful possibility.

It is thus absolutely appropriate to point out the issues with the MAX and CM's frequent aircraft swaps so that readers of thread are not disappointed when they don't get the lie flat seat for the six hour flight.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's currently not the actual seat, b/c the MAXs are all out of service until date unknown. So yes, I call that an error. Further, even when the MAX returns, swaps are a meaningful possibility.

It is thus absolutely appropriate to point out the issues with the MAX and CM's frequent aircraft swaps so that readers of thread are not disappointed when they don't get the lie flat seat for the six hour flight.
Cool. So if Delta is selling business seats on a yet-to-be-delivered a330neo for next year, and I call the the DeltaOne suites "lie flats" I am committing an error because the tail # in question isn't actually flying the route when I posted the ticket, and there is a possibility for an equipment swap or change to the scheduled delivery of the airplane?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:05 am

you were told to STFU on all the meta-talk dicta
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: AE, used to be E, Skymiles
A mistake to reply to a post with so many mistakes in it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.