Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

XP Run: BCN/BIO/MAD to Oslo (TRF) 90 XPs from €505!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XP Run: BCN/BIO/MAD to Oslo (TRF) 90 XPs from €505!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I'm not sure it works from the other end (although from your point of view, here will be the other end!). I thought these itineraries had to be begin in Germany, especially DUS and HAJ.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Dougy Giro
I’m really struggling to work out how to get any prices for a 3 hop trip to Anywhere in Europe from Newcastle. £380 for a Business return to Dόsseldorf is the cheapest return via AMS, bro if I add in CDG, or go via CDG initially then add in AMS the flight is £5,400
In the UK I haven't seen NCL on sale that often... BHX and MAN have been the cheapest, but keep trying on ITA Matrix to find the elusive 6 segments...
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
I'm not sure it works from the other end (although from your point of view, here will be the other end!). I thought these itineraries had to be begin in Germany, especially DUS and HAJ.
I've seen these sale ex-Spain (this thread), ex Italy, ex Romania... As long as you can get the last flight to a city that only is operated by KL and have AF codes you are golden for the 90 XPs... Lots of opportunities for single Saturday travel even during the summer so no time off...
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you say Bristol BRS is a possibility with this offer, maybe from DUS or HAJ? Any possibilities from Swiss airports?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Did you say Bristol BRS is a possibility with this offer, maybe from DUS or HAJ? Any possibilities from Swiss airports?
Here are two samples to Bristol...

Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting examples. I see that an overnight is required in both cases in Amsterdam.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Interesting examples. I see that an overnight is required in both cases in Amsterdam.
For some reason, I only see on ITA Matrix the early flight to/from BRS... There are several flights a day but it's pricing out with the morning flights... You can stay several days in BRS, but it seems to requiere overnight in AMS the night before... On the other hand if you are AMS based it means you can sleep in your bed , position via train to DUS and then spend another night at home before flying to BRS...
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been trying to price up the Bristol routing for some time in September, but I repeatedly get EUR914 or thereabouts. Shame, I would have been up for doing it, because I need to go to the Bristol area.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:24 am
Original Poster

I've been trying to price up the Bristol routing for some time in September, but I repeatedly get EUR914 or thereabouts. Shame, I would have been up for doing it, because I need to go to the Bristol area.
Try this first... I put in several days as the time in BRS...

Then select the flights... Here you can spend the night in AMS...
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, that's not bad. Ideally I would like to make it there in one go, or back in one go, using one day only in one of the two directions. Two stops in AMS seem a bit excessive, one is ok though. I will need about 3 days in the Bristol area, so I will fiddle about a bit more.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Yes, that's not bad. Ideally I would like to make it there in one go, or back in one go, using one day only in one of the two directions. Two stops in AMS seem a bit excessive, one is ok though. I will need about 3 days in the Bristol area, so I will fiddle about a bit more.
The two stops is what makes it a 90 XP Run
I'm seeing most of September at that rate...
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I was hoping to have the two stops of course, just wanted to avoid too many overnights in AMS (I am based in DUS). But I think all your examples have an overnight in AMS in both directions, right? I'll just have to fiddle around with it a bit more...

Actually, I'm not getting any good fares off Expedia at all just now. Sometimes it goes a bit funny, so I will try again tomorrow with a different browser and after clearing the cookies and other biscuits.

Last edited by Concerto; Jul 29, 2019 at 3:07 pm Reason: more info
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Well I was hoping to have the two stops of course, just wanted to avoid too many overnights in AMS (I am based in DUS). But I think all your examples have an overnight in AMS in both directions, right? I'll just have to fiddle around with it a bit more...

Actually, I'm not getting any good fares off Expedia at all just now. Sometimes it goes a bit funny, so I will try again tomorrow with a different browser and after clearing the cookies and other biscuits.
The fare seems to work with the first flight from AMS to BRS and back... So outbound seems to force an overnight but the return can be "faster"...
Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't get it to price on Expedia or anything. I think I'll just let it fly. Usually, when I can't get anything to work, that is for me a sign from the universe that I'm not supposed to do it. Anyway, despite the number of XPs, it's a bit dear for such a short distance.

EDIT - actually, I can get it to price at €646 without the stop in Amsterdam and with a mixture of AF and KL flight numbers. I guess that takes the sting out of the tail of having to pay an overnight in Amsterdam, but I still don't think I will do it.

Last edited by Concerto; Jul 30, 2019 at 3:25 pm
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:08 am

Can't get it to price on Expedia or anything. I think I'll just let it fly. Usually, when I can't get anything to work, that is for me a sign from the universe that I'm not supposed to do it. Anyway, despite the number of XPs, it's a bit dear for such a short distance.

EDIT - actually, I can get it to price at €646 without the stop in Amsterdam and with a mixture of AF and KL flight numbers. I guess that takes the sting out of the tail of having to pay an overnight in Amsterdam, but I still don't think I will do it.
Have you tried to call AF and book via them direct? I did and they made it in 5 min. Just have the booking class ready from ITA Matrix

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.