Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

XP Run: BCN/BIO/MAD to Oslo (TRF) 90 XPs from €505!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XP Run: BCN/BIO/MAD to Oslo (TRF) 90 XPs from €505!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Thanks for this tip. I am trying to see if DUS-CDG-AMS-ARN-CDG-AMS-DUS will work. Any suggestions on this?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
Thanks for this tip. I am trying to see if DUS-CDG-AMS-ARN-CDG-AMS-DUS will work. Any suggestions on this?
Try cities that are operated by KLM and not AF, that seems to be the trick.. In Sweden those are Linkoping City Airport (LPI) and Vaxjo Smaland (VXO) , both allow you to have 90 XPs and 6 segments in a weekend from DUS...
asian_crossfitter likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:59 am

I use Google Flights map-search by writing "Europe" in the arrival. From DUS this is my suggestions (DUS-AMS-CDG-XXX-AMS-CDG-DUS) for around €500 depending on dates:

Oslo TRF
Linkoping
Vaxjo
Billund
Bergen
Stavanger
Trondheim
Alesund
Kristiansand
Alborg
Inverness
Bristol
Graz
Gdansk

Etc etc

If you cant book on AF:s website, just call Air France insted. They helped me quick.

Last edited by criced; Jul 8, 2019 at 6:06 am
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Shouldn't it be DUS-CDG-AMS-XXX on the outbound? I seem to recall searching by going through AMS first then CDG and found it didn't work. Maybe it depends on the destination.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
Shouldn't it be DUS-CDG-AMS-XXX on the outbound? I seem to recall searching by going through AMS first then CDG and found it didn't work. Maybe it depends on the destination.
XYZ-CDG-AMS-XXX (Last segment needs to be KLM metal to a city not flown by Air France..
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:20 pm

This is so useful thank you so much!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:26 pm

FYI

Don’t want to be a party killer but TRF is about a 2hrs train ride from OSLO city... so calling that Oslo is quite a scam from my perspective.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by thomas_peterson
Don’t want to be a party killer but TRF is about a 2hrs train ride from OSLO city... so calling that Oslo is quite a scam from my perspective.
But if you do a XP-run you can just stay one night in Sandefjord. Its a really beautiful part of Norway and Sandefjord got some nice hotels for example a Clarion Collection. No need to go in to Oslo.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Just a heads-up... The fare is still available for weekend travel in August....
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:54 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by criced
I use Google Flights map-search by writing "Europe" in the arrival. From DUS this is my suggestions (DUS-AMS-CDG-XXX-AMS-CDG-DUS) for around €500 depending on dates:

Oslo TRF
Linkoping
Vaxjo
Billund
Bergen
Stavanger
Trondheim
Alesund
Kristiansand
Alborg
Inverness
Bristol
Graz
Gdansk

Etc etc

If you cant book on AF:s website, just call Air France insted. They helped me quick.
Is it possible to enforce Google Flights to search for only two stop (???-AMS-CDG-??? rtn and ???-CDG-AMS-??? rtn)? Google Flights searched with 'To Europe' only gives one stops. Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by siw
Is it possible to enforce Google Flights to search for only two stop (???-AMS-CDG-??? rtn and ???-CDG-AMS-??? rtn)? Google Flights searched with 'To Europe' only gives one stops. Thanks
Matrix is your friend here...
You start with all the cities in Country X and then go to town with the destinations using AF AF AF as the code...

Germany TXL , FRA , DUS , HAM , HAJ , BRE , MUC , STR, NUE
Norway AES, BGO, OSL, SVR, KRE, TRF, TRD
Spain BIO, BCN, MAD, AGP, VGO, IBZ
Itay CAG, FLR, VCE, VRN, TRN, PSA, NAP, MXP, LIN, GOA, FCO

Last edited by jfkeze; Jul 12, 2019 at 6:11 am
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:34 am

Hey guys, I tried experimenting based on your suggestion. I have a one way flight to Berlin on the 8th August so I was hoping to buy a return flight via DUS and then return in November with the same route. I came up with this. Any suggestions on how to improve it to maximise the miles? It would be great if I can come from Berlin but it does not go under 500 EUR.

Last edited by asian_crossfitter; Jul 12, 2019 at 11:39 am Reason: Picture could not be inserted
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:40 am

Hey guys, I tried experimenting based on your suggestion. I have a one way flight to Berlin on the 8th August so I was hoping to buy a return flight via DUS and then return in November with the same route. I came up with this. Any suggestions on how to improve it to maximise the miles? It would be great if I can come from Berlin but it does not go under 500 EUR.

Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by siw
If you are based in a city like LPI wich KLM only (!) fly from yes��
Old Jul 14, 2019, 2:11 am

Programs: BA, KLM
I’m really struggling to work out how to get any prices for a 3 hop trip to Anywhere in Europe from Newcastle. £380 for a Business return to Düsseldorf is the cheapest return via AMS, bro if I add in CDG, or go via CDG initially then add in AMS the flight is £5,400

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.