Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: China(CTU) - LAX r/t in J for $1,603

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: China(CTU) - LAX r/t in J for $1,603

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Let me ask again: is it possible to have a stopover in Hong Kong? I looked at the American airlines website and the fare rules did not say whether a stopover is possible in Hong Kong.
CTU-SEA Business fare? Yes @ 1250 CNY ($180) each way. Free unlimited stopovers allowed on the FC HKG-SEA fare.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gino Troian
CTU-SEA Business fare? Yes @ 1250 CNY ($180) each way. Free unlimited stopovers allowed on the FC HKG-SEA fare.
I probably added unnecessary confusion by posting two good fares under this thread.

1. CTU-LAX r/t in J for $1,600

2. HKG-SEA one way in F for $2,300

I believe he is asking about stopping in hkg on #1 , and to that I do not know the answer.

But a multi-day stop in Tokyo on #2 is possible.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by dval44

I probably added unnecessary confusion by posting two good fares under this thread.

1. CTU-LAX r/t in J for $1,600

2. HKG-SEA one way in F for $2,300

I believe he is asking about stopping in hkg on #1 , and to that I do not know the answer.

But a multi-day stop in Tokyo on #2 is possible.
Yes, I was asking about #1 . Is there a way to get to the page with the complete fare rules?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I was asking about #1 . Is there a way to get to the page with the complete fare rules?
In case it is of any help, I forced the HND routing on #2 by searching a “multi city” itinerary in google (HKG-HND and HND to SEA). The option didn’t show when I was booking a one-way. Then, once I selected the first leg (HKG-HND), I could select any date I wanted for the second leg and the price did not change.

None of those options showed under a one-way search.

Finally, my booking on AA now shows HKG-HND as “Depart” and HND-SEA as “Return” in case that is of any help.

As mentioned earlier, they charged me in Hong Kong Dollars for the fare.

Last edited by dval44; Jun 10, 2019 at 5:57 pm
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by dval44
Yep, I used google flights to search, then clicked the "book with AA" button after selecting the flights.

When I tried going to AA first and searching, it didn't come up.

I noticed the page that google linked to said, "amadeus/override" in the URL. It seemed like some kind of landing/splash page. Oh, and the fare was in HKG not USD. Here's my ticketed itinerary

Not enough time at LAX to enjoy FFD.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enpremiere
Not enough time at LAX to enjoy FFD.
not really going to seattle
Gino Troian and nickohrn like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Any clarification re stopover in HKG? Once the dates for my desired return become available next month i’m all over this one if it’s still valid. I have been wanting to go to Chengdu and the ex-HKG AA flights are usually easy to use SWU J—>F on.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Any clarification re stopover in HKG? Once the dates for my desired return become available next month i’m all over this one if it’s still valid. I have been wanting to go to Chengdu and the ex-HKG AA flights are usually easy to use SWU J—>F on.
I tried on the return to put in a stopover in HKG but it increased the price dramatically... But I might be wrong...
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by jfkeze
I tried on the return to put in a stopover in HKG but it increased the price dramatically... But I might be wrong...
Oh well, still a great fare.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Oh well, still a great fare.
You could on the return add an almost 24 hour layover in HKG, collect bags and forget the last segment!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:51 pm

You could on the return add an almost 24 hour layover in HKG, collect bags and forget the last segment!
Will this result in my miles not being credited for the entire journey or inbound trip? I bank my miles with BA/Iberia or Alaska.

Also, I couldn't find the itinerary that allows the long layover. Can you kindly show us how to do this? Thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:56 pm

Google Flights 4 PM till 10 AM in Hong Kong

​​​​​
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:26 pm

@jfkeze: Thanks very much. Are there any risks of having miles forfeited if missing the last segment?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:16 pm

@jfkeze: Thanks very much. Are there any risks of having miles forfeited if missing the last segment?
They might if you do it all the time , but for a one off thing, usually no... Just be aware that your final destination is CTU so if there are delays you could get re-routed via another city that is not HKG...
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:24 pm

They might if you do it all the time , but for a one off thing, usually no... Just be aware that your final destination is CTU so if there are delays you could get re-routed via another city that is not HKG...
Thanks for the advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.