Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AS: SJC-AUS $318 RT in First

AS: SJC-AUS $318 RT in First

Old Jun 10, 19, 12:42 pm
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 34,984
AS: SJC-AUS $318 RT in First

I class, valid Tue/Wed/Sat mid-August thru October.
hamburglar, BumpMe!, ft543 and 3 others like this.
channa is offline  
Old Jun 10, 19, 12:47 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: AUS
Programs: AA PLT, Amex Plat
Posts: 4,613
Originally Posted by channa View Post
I class, valid Tue/Wed/Sat mid-August thru October.
Thanks for sharing. It appears to work in reverse as well, for those of us based in Austin.

Regards
GTITAN, channa and aztimm like this.
scubadu is offline  
Old Jun 10, 19, 2:49 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: North Texas
Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 170
Originally Posted by scubadu View Post
Thanks for sharing. It appears to work in reverse as well, for those of us based in Austin.

Regards
Works from DAL to SJC or SFO, though it is slightly more expensive at $337.
TyPo311 is offline  
Old Jun 10, 19, 4:30 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 34,984
Originally Posted by TyPo311 View Post
Works from DAL to SJC or SFO, though it is slightly more expensive at $337.
And I always thought Austin was more expensive than Dallas.
channa is offline  
Old Jun 10, 19, 10:34 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lafayette, CA
Programs: UA Gold, AA PLAT, SPG PLAT,Marriott Plat, HYATT PLAT, National Exec
Posts: 31
re

Just a heads up this deal appears to be almost 4 hrs in a regional Jet. Good for earning but not comfort
Nanook likes this.
dcirvine33 is offline  
Old Jun 10, 19, 10:37 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,256
Originally Posted by dcirvine33 View Post
Just a heads up this deal appears to be almost 4 hrs in a regional Jet. Good for earning but not comfort
Nope, it is actually more comfortable.
And it is not a regional jet. Well, it is an Embraer which is not in the same category as the Canadair monsters
rill2503456 and milypan like this.
s0ssos is offline  
Old Jun 11, 19, 12:36 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oakland CA
Programs: UA *G, AS MVPG, Globalist
Posts: 940
Yeah Id take the E175 over almost any other plane in the fleet, except maybe the old VX birds.
moreaki likes this.
dordal is offline  
Old Jun 11, 19, 2:07 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: DFW, HKG, J Cabin
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, DL DM, AS 75K,VA Silver, MR Titanium, HH Gold
Posts: 863
Thanks for this - needed a run or 2 to hit MVP75k this year - booked a same day AUS-SJC turn in Sept. Not bad for $300ish bucks.
IWontRegretThis is online now  
Old Jun 11, 19, 10:15 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Texas Hill Country
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Posts: 2,118
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis View Post
Thanks for this - needed a run or 2 to hit MVP75k this year - booked a same day AUS-SJC turn in Sept. Not bad for $300ish bucks.
Makes for a long day in The Club. I will often build some type of intra-CA turn just to keep moving while on this run.
afrugal1 is offline  
Old Jun 11, 19, 10:18 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: DFW, HKG, J Cabin
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, DL DM, AS 75K,VA Silver, MR Titanium, HH Gold
Posts: 863
Originally Posted by afrugal1 View Post
Makes for a long day in The Club. I will often build some type of intra-CA turn just to keep moving while on this run.
Only a ~2hr layover or so. Wont be so bad.
IWontRegretThis is online now  
Old Jun 11, 19, 11:12 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bay Area, CA
Programs: AS MVP GOLD, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Posts: 47
Also west coast to East coast at low fares but Economy (low $300's), + promo double redeemable miles earned, so over 10k per trip + elite run.
Kudu19 is offline  
Old Jun 11, 19, 11:40 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: British Columbia
Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 4,406
Originally Posted by Kudu19 View Post
Also west coast to East coast at low fares but Economy (low $300's), + promo double redeemable miles earned, so over 10k per trip + elite run.
Good for extra RDM but doesn't help with EQM for staus. AS paid F has a 75% class of service bonus which which is also EQM.

The E175 is a comfortable bird and if you are traveling solo, the 1-2 configuration allows you to have both a window seat and an isle seat at the same time.

James
Flying for Fun is offline  
Old Jun 11, 19, 11:45 am
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Over the Bay Bridge, CA
Programs: Jumbo mas
Posts: 32,005
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun View Post
Good for extra RDM but doesn't help with EQM for staus. AS paid F has a 75% class of service bonus which which is also EQM.

The E175 is a comfortable bird and if you are traveling solo, the 1-2 configuration allows you to have both a window seat and an isle seat at the same time.

James
I only want isle seats after I get off the plane somewhere in the Pacific. Onboard, I'll take the aisle, in F, preferably the one that's also a window.
SightseeMC, AJO, afrugal1 and 1 others like this.
Eastbay1K is offline  
Old Jun 11, 19, 11:53 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Programs: marriott platinum, AS Gold
Posts: 91
Any From New York? I have flight to NYC in Aug...Look for addtional 14K status miles to reach 75K...
hellointer is offline  
Old Jun 12, 19, 10:00 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: North Texas
Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 170
Originally Posted by channa View Post
And I always thought Austin was more expensive than Dallas.
If you're talking real estate Austin has us beat. When it comes to premium airfare deals I don't see too many good/great deals coming out of DFW, but I imagine AUS is the same way.
TyPo311 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: