Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: WS: SFO-LGW one-way in J for ~$800

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Deal works on Expedia. Also works from other locations (eg. PAE/SEA/PDX/LAX/etc.). A little tricky to price if you don't know what you're looking for.
Disclaimer: YQ is obv missing, enjoy while it lasts.

SFO-LGW for $792 - https://flights.app.goo.gl/C135w

Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: FB Gold, SAS Gold
Gone already?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:37 am

I can still price on expedia
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:21 am

Awesome find! Had to play around with quite a few dates to see these offers, but price seems to have gone up to $986, least from PDX, which has better flight timing
Just booked, but nothing ticketed yet... how long does it take?

Edit: ticketed now!
Justin Case likes this.

Last edited by wanderupfront; Jun 9, 2019 at 5:12 am Reason: ticketed
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Great find, looks to be an excellent product!
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Found as low as $727 from LAX in March :

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=L...p:2.USD.135420

Good fare for Lie flat on the longest segment !

CC
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: AS, DL
Great find, CC! But i lose the fare, once i start fiddling with date. Any luck with that?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jackie64
Great find, CC! But i lose the fare, once i start fiddling with date. Any luck with that?
Still a few dates out there! Works best if routing from a West Coast city through LAS, then LAS-YYC-LGW on WS.

Of course the fare is 2.5× for people living in one of their original startup cities.

James
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
$674 on April 28 ex-LAX.
tobikosan and Captain Canuck like this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Nice find! This is pricing in the GDS with a fare break in LAS. The fare basis LAS-LGW is DSZJ3NLG, with travel permitted July-Aug and Oct-May, MON/TUE/WED only

It does appear need to add an interline-ticketed segment to LAS from SFO, LAX (possibly others) on AS to get the lowest price.

I have been able to replicate on other dates. One issue is the seasonality and/or operating days of the afternoon flight from LAS-YYC to connect to the LGW flight. It does not operate every day (or at all?) for a good portion of the winter. In addition, with respect to LAX at least, there is no morning AS flight to LAS until later this year, and an overnight connection is much higher.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Nice find! This is pricing in the GDS with a fare break in LAS. The fare basis LAS-LGW is DSZJ3NLG, with travel permitted July-Aug and Oct-May, MON/TUE/WED only

It does appear need to add an interline-ticketed segment to LAS from SFO, LAX (possibly others) on AS to get the lowest price.

I have been able to replicate on other dates. One issue is the seasonality and/or operating days of the afternoon flight from LAS-YYC to connect to the LGW flight. It does not operate every day (or at all?) for a good portion of the winter. In addition, with respect to LAX at least, there is no morning AS flight to LAS until later this year, and an overnight connection is much higher.
Thanks for sharing. I did a bit more digging based on your insight and it looks like something is making the WS imposed $600 YQ drop in some combinations with AS. I dont see anything in the other US-LON vs LAS-LON WS fares that would explain this. What I mean by that is that if it's an AS flight getting tagged on that is doing this, then any AS flight as segment one should do that whether SEA-SFO or SEA-LAS or SFO-LAS. The lowest fare for business on WS has the identical Combination rules across all US markets, allowing end on end fiarly liberally, so if it were the classic "1x" behavior, it would work from more places. It would also work on all dates where this D class is available (any Mon/Tues/Wed where D bucket is greater than 1), but it does not. Also, simply adding a US segment an ex-US fare wouldn't cause the YQ to be dropped for the traditional reasons (that there is no YQ filed by WS between A-B-C, where WS transports you for B-C and allows EoE ticketing). So I think this is a OTA misvalidation of some sort and it's hard to see the exact rhyme or reason so as to be able to predict dates and combinations. As I said, it should be available on any Mon/Tues/Wed before May 30, 2020 where D>0, but it's not.

Anyone else have any insights? I'd love to use this for mid April 2020 and cannot get it to work for either Monday or Tuesday where D=7. What it is doing is giving me one of the higher D basis fares such as DSXJ3NZG or giving me the DSZJ3NLG fare basis but including the $600 YQ.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:02 pm

In looking for ways to get back to SFO from London, I came across the following fare for $1572, which a travel agent on this board (who can out himself if he chooses) helped me to book.

London -> SF (Dec. 31)
LHR -> SFO Iberia 7443 Economy (Q)

SF -> Granada, Spain (April 14)
SFO -> LHR AA 6187 First (A)
LHR -> MAD BA 460 Business (J)
MAD -> GRX Iberia 8936 Business (J)

Also worked to other destinations in Spain. (I'm relatively new here so apologies in advance if this should be its own thread/doesn't qualify as a "deal")
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Given going back is a day flight, I would might consider Norwegian.
If you want lay flight, TAP often has nice one fares.
Personally, I'd use points.

Originally Posted by scaredflyer
In looking for ways to get back to SFO from London, I came across the following fare for $1572, which a travel agent on this board (who can out himself if he chooses) helped me to book.

London -> SF (Dec. 31)
LHR -> SFO Iberia 7443 Economy (Q)

SF -> Granada, Spain (April 14)
SFO -> LHR AA 6187 First (A)
LHR -> MAD BA 460 Business (J)
MAD -> GRX Iberia 8936 Business (J)

Also worked to other destinations in Spain. (I'm relatively new here so apologies in advance if this should be its own thread/doesn't qualify as a "deal")
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:22 pm

I looked at one-way on Norwegian, but the lowest I could get was ~$360. As a result, it seemed like a good deal to add on a First class one-way ticket for $1200. There were some r/t fares in economy that were better in terms of value, but nothing particularly appealing given where I wanted to travel to (namely, Spain)
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by stephem
Anyone else have any insights? I'd love to use this for mid April 2020 and cannot get it to work for either Monday or Tuesday where D=7.
Sabre is pricing LAX-LAS-YYC-LGW at $727 on 13APR. Ex-SEA, it's $100 more.

Originally Posted by scaredflyer
Happy to help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.