Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

VN Vietnam Air SIN-CDG/LHR/FRA/SVO Business return from S$2293

Old Jun 7, 19, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: KFEG, OZ *G

SIN-FRA (Frankfurt) from S$2536 (prices will vary slightly as the original cost will be in VND)

SIN-CDG (Paris) starts from S$2548

SIN-LHR (London) starts from S$2732

SIN-SVO from S$2293

Booking Period – 22May19-31Dec2019

Travel Period – 22May19-31Dec2019

Booking Class – I

The cheapest appears to be SIN-SVO from the google flights search: https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f

Possible to do one-way as well!

Last edited by Pat89339; Jun 7, 19 at 9:25 am Reason: TOS 7 and 10
Old Jun 7, 19, 6:35 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just trying to work out what this is in real money. Is the one way possible in the other direction, from Europe to SIN? Obviously, once I'm and have a moment I'll play about with it myself.

Hm, had a quick look, not so cheap actually. I'll probably go for a one way ticket on SU.

Last edited by Concerto; Jun 7, 19 at 9:09 am
Old Jun 7, 19, 9:45 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Just trying to work out what this is in real money. Is the one way possible in the other direction, from Europe to SIN? Obviously, once I'm and have a moment I'll play about with it myself.

Hm, had a quick look, not so cheap actually. I'll probably go for a one way ticket on SU.
​​​​​​Usally the cheapest way to Asia is Condor from FRA-KUL (750 One-way normal price) and it gives 300% RDMs with Alaska.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 19, 10:26 am

Programs: THAI ROP SL, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, SQ KF GO, LCAH GO, Marriott BONVOY SL, HILTON GO
Data point

Just a note that VN business class isn't truly luxe like SQ or QR - I got a similar fare to LHR for S$2.5k/USD 1.8k in Dec. 2016 - Jan. 2017, as it was the cheapest then during the holiday season.
Champagne ran out just after the 11am dep. from LHR, & the mid flight snacks were very limited - I was offered instant pho bowl noodles or some leftover cheese from the lunch meal service.
(I took the cheese)
Layovers in HAN/SGN tend to be long, & the lounges in either one aren't exactly fancy either (HAN being the better of the 2, if I recall)
Service was awesome though, cabin crew were very friendly & happy to serve.
The 787 aircraft then was pretty brand new & an absolute joy to travel in.

Condor from FRA-KUL fares are great but also, not a truly business class product. A friend tried it recently from KUL-FRA & said it was all right, but he won't be taking it again.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jun 7, 19, 3:21 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
​​​​​​Usally the cheapest way to Asia is Condor from FRA-KUL (750 One-way normal price) and it gives 300% RDMs with Alaska.
You're talking business class here for Condor, right? Because I am getting Aeroflot in economy for 340-420 one way to various Asian destinations. It's a proper "economy" too, with real full service
Old Jun 7, 19, 4:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
You're talking business class here for Condor, right? Because I am getting Aeroflot in economy for 340-420 one way to various Asian destinations. It's a proper "economy" too, with real full service
It's Business Class but with 170ish degree recline... Seems like a product from 2010 or so...
The Business Class credits at 300% RDM to Alaska , they also have Premium Economy that credits at 125%... These are the normal prices...