Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

YVR-AMS on AM, USD 2034 over 6800 DL EQD

Old Jun 3, 19, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; AA LT Gold; AS 75K; DL MM SM aka dirt; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold, TK Elite

Long layovers in MEX. Time enough to go see Teotihuacan. Various dates in November. Earlier in the year, about USD100 more expensive.

Example from ITA
vincewy and nickohrn like this.
Old Jun 3, 19, 7:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
It's definitely the scenic route
This fare would earn 32712 RDMs 24534 MQMs 6542 MQDs 3.21 MQD Ratio

Should also be available ex YYZ and YUL (at least it was so a few days ago!)
Old Jun 4, 19, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; AA LT Gold; AS 75K; DL MM SM aka dirt; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
It's definitely the scenic route
Which is good in my book. As I said, time enough to go to Teotihuacan, and if you're a foodie, make a reservation at Pujol on your way back. Well worth it!
Old Jun 4, 19, 3:48 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
Which is good in my book. As I said, time enough to go to Teotihuacan, and if you're a foodie, make a reservation at Pujol on your way back. Well worth it!
Trust me I'm almost an Aeromexico evangelist on FT posting deals, the layover time can work well for those that want to combine miles and culture.
Old Jun 4, 19, 11:37 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Unlike previous deals to deep South America, these Canada - EU fares in J are standard at the moment (no book by dates), check other cities too if you prefer (MAD,CDG,LHR, and BCN), crazy how much more AM charges flying out of US at the moment (at least $5000 USD) to EU.

In my book the best city pairs to maximize layover time without paying extra (if you don't want to pay extra $50 for stopover [24+ hours]) are YYZ/YUL/YVR - MAD/CDG/BCN (day flights) where the return trips AM2/4/38 arrive in the evening and allow you to connect next day to AM616/636/696 for almost 24 hours, enough time to do a lot of things around MEX
Old Jun 4, 19, 11:47 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Prices @ 5k+ for me on the AM website
Old Jun 4, 19, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by boss315 View Post
Prices @ 5k+ for me on the AM website
Try to check on matrix.itasoftware.com monthly view first with 2 specific cities (ie YYZ to BCN) with AM+ to get an indea which months have availability.

I'm seeing this fare with YYZ-BCN 11/9-11/20 on aeromexico.com
Old Jun 4, 19, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
What's the underlying fare basis? If a Y-up, beware. My wife and I flew whar may be a similar "I" fare, YYZ-MEX-EZE, in Nov., 2017. Tickets were purchased on AM website. I added our SM numbers to the res., but neglected to verify when the boarding passes were issued.
Bottom line, we never received the "I" fare MQM bonus, despite several attempts with DL to do so, and the boarding passes showing an "I" fare, and sending copies of the BPs, and Amex statement, showing that I had purchased an "I" fare. The underlying fare basis code was
"Q" or something like that and, because it was an AM issued ticket, DL claimed they couldn't help.
Old Jun 4, 19, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by arkangel View Post
What's the underlying fare basis? If a Y-up, beware. My wife and I flew whar may be a similar "I" fare, YYZ-MEX-EZE, in Nov., 2017. Tickets were purchased on AM website. I added our SM numbers to the res., but neglected to verify when the boarding passes were issued.
Bottom line, we never received the "I" fare MQM bonus, despite several attempts with DL to do so, and the boarding passes showing an "I" fare, and sending copies of the BPs, and Amex statement, showing that I had purchased an "I" fare. The underlying fare basis code was
"Q" or something like that and, because it was an AM issued ticket, DL claimed they couldn't help.
Just flew a Fare basis that was “Q” ( JFK-MEX-EZE ) but was an I fare a couple of weeks and got my correct skymiles credit in 4 days suprisingly ( 1st time flying AM ). I actually didn’t even have to go to delta desk at JFK as ticket showed correctly on Delta app when I checked in for the flight. Not sure if it was the case in 2017 but Aeromexico app told me Delta.com handles the check in for my AM flights so all was smooth.
Old Dec 11, 19, 6:50 pm

Looks like this fare is back up.

CAD 2761 (or 2085 USD). Complete the outbound by March 14th, 2020 based on my search.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: