Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: YVR-CPT in Business / CPT-DFW in First US$3,200

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA: YVR-CPT in Business / CPT-DFW in First US$3,200

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Glob, EX-AS 75k
Has anyone managed to fit in a "free" stopover to this fare? Looking to split time between CPT and JNB
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:07 am

It books in T Class, so AAdvantage EQD would be 4284 EQM would be 32129, ROI is 291% ( a fantastic return - I look for anything 150% or better), and about 47122 RDM if you are EP (less if you have lower status). T class on BA earns 20% eqd and 1.5 eqm per mile flown. If you really want to go further, for $2190 you can do LAX_HKG-JNB in PE as well on CX - 5556EQD, 41673 EQM and 61,120 RDM as an EP.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by qupasyd
This is a combination of British Airways business (I) and first (A) fares, from Vancouver to Cape Town and back to Dallas, via London each way. (An all-business itinerary is $3,017. An all-first itinerary is $4,321.)

Departure can be from YYZ/YUL as well, and arrival can be to other US cities for a bit more. Two stopovers are permitted for free. Book by June 14.

Example:
6348 EQD, 46488 EQM, 59634 RDM as an EP (less for lower status), 6.89 cpm and 198% ROI for yvr-dfw--lhr-cpt in I, and cpt-lhr-dfw in A on BA.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Considering booking YVR-DFW-LHR-CPT-LHR-LAX and crediting to AS. But, looks like the YVR-DFW Flight 6502 is not eligible to earn for AS. is it possible to credit BA Marketed/AA operated flights to AS for credit? If I calc it right, including that would get me to 47k EQM and nearly AS MVPG re-qual in early jan.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mikelat
Considering booking YVR-DFW-LHR-CPT-LHR-LAX and crediting to AS. But, looks like the YVR-DFW Flight 6502 is not eligible to earn for AS. is it possible to credit BA Marketed/AA operated flights to AS for credit? If I calc it right, including that would get me to 47k EQM and nearly AS MVPG re-qual in early jan.
Although the AS charts say that the flights must be Marketed and Operated by the same carrier to credit to Mileage Plan, in practice, AS usually allows codeshare flights to credit upom a manual request when both the Marketing & Operating carriers are AS Partners. The credit will be based on the Operating carrier's charts.

AA J credits at 150% EQM/RDM with no additional bonus + your AS Elite bonus as a percentage of the base miles as RDM.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Jun 8, 2019 at 7:27 pm Reason: Add AS accrual chart
Old Jun 8, 2019, 8:39 pm

Thanks James! Love that chart too. I'm 75k but will only be MVP this year unless I did som some MRs in Nov (only open time in Schedule). Too bad status ends in Dec for AS vs AA where it would last through Jan. I figure instead of MRs in Nov for status through 2020, I'll just do this trip in Jan to get me status to 2021. Sucks to miss out on the big diff in RDM though

Last edited by mikelat; Jun 8, 2019 at 9:05 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 8, 2019, 8:52 pm

Any tips on how to book? Using the ITA power tools, yesterday i could get Expedia to show the mixed I/A itinerary but today only seeing I.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Do all legs have seat selection fees ? Can be expensive !
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by HMPS
Do all legs have seat selection fees ? Can be expensive !
BA J DFW-LHR-CPT, 2 segments in the Itinerary. Seat selection in F is always without charge on BA.

James
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by mikelat
Thanks James! Love that chart too. I'm 75k but will only be MVP this year unless I did som some MRs in Nov (only open time in Schedule). Too bad status ends in Dec for AS vs AA where it would last through Jan. I figure instead of MRs in Nov for status through 2020, I'll just do this trip in Jan to get me status to 2021. Sucks to miss out on the big diff in RDM though
Yes, a bit of a hit on MVP status for the additional RDM but as an MVP 93K RDM is still pretty respectable and if you do it early in the year you would be a mere 2,628 miles short of qualifying for MVPG through the end of 2021.

CPT is a beautiful city. I was in Africa for the month of April. I spent a week in KGL and then 3 weeks with a friend in CPT. To finish up my 75K requalification I flew CPT-DXB-GRU-SCL on an EK W fare and then an AA Y-Up fare in PE SCL-MIA-DFW-ICN followed by ICN-DFW/5 months/DFW-SCL in PE on AA. Heading back to SCL in October. Flew home DFW-SEA-YLW. Sitiing at 93,979 EQM, requalifying for MVPG75K May 11th good until end of 2020.

James
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Really interested in booking this J outbound, F Inbound for next spring, but can't get it to price in Expedia after finding in ITA. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by SOWK
Really interested in booking this J outbound, F Inbound for next spring, but can't get it to price in Expedia after finding in ITA. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
I ended up having PriceLine find the J out and F inbound. use ITA power tools and it'll links right to it pretty well.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Glob, EX-AS 75k
Can't find for any of my original date choices, may be gone
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by michellt
Can't find for any of my original date choices, may be gone
I was successful in getting this fare for January in ITA, which correctly priced through to Priceline. The fare rules are to ticket by June 14th.

James
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

The fares have been extended to July 17.

Originally Posted by michellt
Has anyone managed to fit in a "free" stopover to this fare? Looking to split time between CPT and JNB
Sure. For example, here's an itinerary with a JNB stop on the way out (and with a LAX connection on the way back for extra miles). Powertools -> Priceline can book it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.