Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: YVR-CPT in Business / CPT-DFW in First US$3,200

BA: YVR-CPT in Business / CPT-DFW in First US$3,200

Old Jun 16, 19, 8:34 pm

Programs: AC*G-E50K (former AC*G-SE100K for 3 yrs)
How do you actually search for this fare? I cant seem to get it.
Old Jun 16, 19, 9:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by maxwellh View Post
I was able to find something similar--the poor man's version-- in PE/WTP in November (maybe other dates as well, but I don't know of an easy way to do "flexible calendar" searches for multi-city itins). YVR-LHR-JNB / JNB-LHR-LAX (also wors with similar pricing terminating at ORD. Would be a lot of miles without being able to lie flat, but would rack up solid EQMs.

$1657 all-in, booked via BA (confirmed); $1793 via aa.com (confirmed). 32000 EQMs and 4267 EQDs (I think?) if booked through BA.
I'm interested in the "poor man's" version, but couldn't find the BA flights in PE, but I did find SQ flights via SIN....when I have more time I can figure out how many AS miles this would be, but here is the link:

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=Y...6*2.USD.158006
Old Jun 17, 19, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM
I ended up booking the poor man's version last week for November 9th-12th. YVR-DFW-LHR-JNB in I; JNB-LHR-IAH in T. $2779 CAD (~$2075 USD). It took me half an hour on the phone with BA and some serious haggling on my part using Matrix codes. Agent first quoted $5600 CAD, then (after putting me on hold for awhile) $3021 CAD, then (after I made one last push and repeated fare codes back to him) he came back with the final number, which was about $100 CAD less than what I'd been able to pull up on Matrix.

By my math, AA earnings for this are ~42K EQMs, ~5K EQDs, and ~53K Award Miles. $0.049/EQM, $0.415/EQD, $0.039/AAmile.
talltoddtravels likes this.
Old Jul 4, 19, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS 75K
Was anyone able to book this through Amex IAP? How much was the discount?
Old Jul 4, 19, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by qupasyd View Post
The fares have been extended to July 17.

Sure. For example, here's an itinerary with a JNB stop on the way out (and with a LAX connection on the way back for extra miles). Powertools -> Priceline can book it.

I can only get the LAX-DFW to book into Economy. Did you have any luck getting it to book into Business or First?
Old Jul 5, 19, 10:46 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Tried adding in a London stopover and the price ballooned. MitigAted half the increase with a CDG detour.
Old Jul 5, 19, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA
Originally Posted by shuttlerider View Post

I can only get the LAX-DFW to book into Economy. Did you have any luck getting it to book into Business or First?
I didn't complete the booking, but I recall that when I clicked through to Priceline, the LAX-DFW segment was in business, despite what Matrix had indicated.

The price seems to be higher now, ~$3,600. Terminating in LAX is a bit cheaper at ~$3,550.
Old Jul 6, 19, 11:20 pm

I didn't complete the booking, but I recall that when I clicked through to Priceline, the LAX-DFW segment was in business, despite what Matrix had indicated.

The price seems to be higher now, ~$3,600. Terminating in LAX is a bit cheaper at ~$3,550.
Thanks.
Seeing that increase too. The lower fare codes have been pulled.
Old Jul 9, 19, 8:44 am

$3333 YVR-MIA-LHR-JNB-LHR-LAX, business out (I) and first back (A). Nets $6142 EQD, 44708 EQM and 57536 RDM for those with EP status (RDM decrease for those with lower status) Lots of open dates as well. Can also go out in PE and back in first for $2600. Full I out and in is $3196.so make more sense to fly home in first

Old Jul 11, 19, 6:22 am

Found a way to still do this for the lower price.

Via LGA, transfer/uber/lyft to JFK and end in JFK - US$3385 yyz-lga/JFK-LHR-CPT in business (i), then CPT-LHR-JFK in first (a)

Old Jul 11, 19, 3:43 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I believe, if credited to AS, an all-BA-metal itinerary DFW-LHR-CPT-LHR-DFW in business and first will earn

43k EQM

75k RDM without status
86k RDM as MVP
97k RDM as MVPG
102k RDM as MVPG75k.
out of curiosity, have you tried this using AMEX IAP?
Old Jul 13, 19, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA
Originally Posted by atcanobbio View Post
out of curiosity, have you tried this using AMEX IAP?
I don't think it's possible to search for this kind of mixed-cabin itinerary on the Amex Travel website. Maybe a telephone agent could price it out.
Old Jul 13, 19, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL PM
I don't think it's possible to search for this kind of mixed-cabin itinerary on the Amex Travel website. Maybe a telephone agent could price it out.
I tried calling in when the fares first appeared and the agent couldn't get the mixed cabin itinerary YYZ-LHR-CPT (I); CPT-LHR-JFK (A) to work out with the IAP discount. Reading me the fare construction, everything seemed good on the outbound segment in I (with a ~10% discount to the ITA segment price), but he couldn't get the discounted A bucket on the return to price with the IAP discount and so the total fare shot up substantially. Didn't try to change dates or further test it though.