FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   SFO-CDG, J, OW, August and December, $2261 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1971784-sfo-cdg-j-ow-august-december-2261-a.html)

bocos May 29, 2019 9:16 am

SFO-CDG, J, OW, August and December, $2261

These fares are cheaper than PE fares. Some outbound options are available through JFK, with a lieflat seat. Found through Google Flights.

Edit: $2126 if booked with American Vacations

Edit: Also available from LAX (with a nonstop on the outbound leg on some dates)

olouie May 29, 2019 11:50 am

Down to $1900 with AARP and Chase codes.

The_Just May 29, 2019 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by olouie (Post 31150210)
Down to $1900 with AARP and Chase codes.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I log in thru the AARP website the price doesn't seem to get any better than if I just go to ba.com. Is there an actually AARP discount code?

Matthew330Ci May 29, 2019 12:32 pm

Silly me thought OW was for One Way and wondering where's the deal, thanks for posting!

olouie May 29, 2019 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by The_Just (Post 31150276)
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I log in thru the AARP website the price doesn't seem to get any better than if I just go to ba.com. Is there an actually AARP discount code?

Prices went up on the BA fares. I was able to snag two tickets with the lowest price and AARP.

bocos May 29, 2019 1:39 pm

Now Air France nonstop flights out of SFO to CDG are showing at the same price point.

The_Just May 29, 2019 5:03 pm

Still looking GREAT from sunny San Diego (and LA, too)

Originally Posted by olouie (Post 31150592)
Prices went up on the BA fares. I was able to snag two tickets with the lowest price and AARP.

There are still tons of GREAT fares out there. Huge victory for me is that lowest active ones are booking out of SAN. Luckily I snagged on in December.

Here's a Multi City to check out

Seems like destinations to Spain are still live.

The_Just May 29, 2019 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by olouie (Post 31150592)
I was able to snag two tickets with the lowest price and AARP.

The AARP discount is now expired. I even called and verified. I believe it is still good if you book with hotel. I got $2350 out of SAN to BCN. Best I could do.

olouie May 29, 2019 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by The_Just (Post 31151308)
The AARP discount is now expired. I even called and verified. I believe it is still good if you book with hotel. I got $2350 out of SAN to BCN. Best I could do.

AARP discount expired? Do you mean just cannot find good fares or that AARP/BA dont offer the discount at all anymore? I just booked this morning using the link and it worked fine. GSTP posted a scare a few weeks ago saying it was dead, but I think many are still seeing success with it.

The_Just May 29, 2019 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by olouie (Post 31151335)
AARP discount expired? Do you mean just cannot find good fares or that AARP/BA dont offer the discount at all anymore? I just booked this morning using the link and it worked fine. GSTP posted a scare a few weeks ago saying it was dead, but I think many are still seeing success with it.

Yeah if you check the link below and read the terms and conditions (number 8) for obtaining a discount on only a flight (a RT flight, not open jaw like I booked) you will see that the discount ended on April 30.

The AARP discount page.

britishcanuck May 29, 2019 5:59 pm

Working from loads of cities to all over Europe. DFW for example.

olouie May 29, 2019 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by The_Just (Post 31151432)
Yeah if you check the link below and read the terms and conditions (number 8) for obtaining a discount on only a flight (a RT flight, not open jaw like I booked) you will see that the discount ended on April 30.

The AARP discount page.

That sucks. I dunno why but my booking worked just fine this morning and got the discount so I guess I got lucky.

Even stranger - I just booked another 2 tickets and the AARP discount worked fine. Public pricing is 4,656.80 and with AARP and BA it was $3831 so $825 ish off.

The_Just May 29, 2019 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by olouie (Post 31151545)

That sucks. I dunno why but my booking worked just fine this morning and got the discount so I guess I got lucky.

Well, that's great for you. I must have tried to make the discount work a million ways. Even without the discount it is still a great fare. My luck was that I was able to snag seat 64K (upstairs 747 corner) there and back. My favorite seat on any aircraft.

olouie May 29, 2019 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by The_Just (Post 31151600)
Well, that's great for you. I must have tried to make the discount work a million ways. Even without the discount it is still a great fare. My luck was that I was able to snag seat 64K (upstairs 747 corner) there and back. My favorite seat on any aircraft.

What page did you go through? Try using clearing all your cookies, then closing browser, opening a new one (or in private mode) then go to BA and log into your EC account and then go https://www.aarp.org/benefits-discou...airways-10047/ and use the "Learn More" link, which will take you to the AARP BA discount booking page. You can then book using CHASEBA10 as well for the extra 10%.

I just tried this a few times from SFO-LHR-CDG in Aug and Dec and its working for both discounts.

George84 May 29, 2019 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by britishcanuck (Post 31151485)
Working from loads of cities to all over Europe. DFW for example.

TPA, RSW, FLL all working for those of us originating in FL.