Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LH/LX F companion sale ex ARN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LX F companion sale ex ARN

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by alp67
you can explore both LH and SQ on the A380, SQ with their fairly new F suite on the way from SIN to HKG, so the routing would be like this:

all for Euro 2'170 is not too shabby, is it?
I know that this one is not bookable, but can you please tell me how you build this routing? Do you use ITA Matrix for this? In the past I just booked, what OTA‘s showed me 😳
Old May 19, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
When the Swiss website calendar is showing availability, all it does is check for two A-class seats being available on the long haul. They zero out A-Class on a lot of dates when the F-partner-sale city is point-of-sale, even when say from ZRH, a flight shows A7.

In these cases you can also use a TA to waitlist A-class. It won’t always clear, but I had it clear for LHR-HKG in the recent ex-UK First Class partner sale, and also to another destination in the last one.
Keter, ung1 and moreaki like this.
Old May 19, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Anyone wants to share ARN-EZE in April - pm me.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old May 19, 2019, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahoe_
I know that this one is not bookable, but can you please tell me how you build this routing? Do you use ITA Matrix for this? In the past I just booked, what OTA‘s showed me ��

You could use "see calendar of lowest fares" instead of "search exact dates" to see prices for a 31 day period
Old May 19, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
I guess these fares were not supposed to allow third party segments in area 3 (ex Moscow they dont even permit BKK-HKT in J on TG...) so this does add options to us.

Note that most new SQ Suite flights are not permitted to be booked as interline segments under LH and LX fares (by SQ via RBD 2 restrictions), however, the one found here (HKG-SIN) is an exception (hopefully not the only one).

RBD 2 extract:

F VIA LX ALL FIRST
VIA SQ F/A NOT PERMITTED FROM SIN-BJS FLT 0802
IF VIA LX ALL FIRST
VIA SQ F/A NOT PERMITTED FROM BJS-SIN FLT 0807
IF VIA LX ALL FIRST
VIA SQ F/A NOT PERMITTED FROM SIN-SHA FLT 0830
IF VIA LX ALL FIRST
VIA SQ F/A NOT PERMITTED FROM SHA-SIN FLT 0833
IF VIA LX ALL FIRST
VIA SQ F/A NOT PERMITTED FROM SIN-HKG FLT 0860
IF VIA LX ALL FIRST
Old May 22, 2019, 6:35 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
The fare, btw, is applicable to a party of at least 2, so a party of three is also possible!

Furthermore, I'd really like doing ARN-MUC-FRA-SIN-HKG-SIN-ZRH-ARN in September (specifically between 1st and 15th), if anybody is still looking for a companion ro would like to join me, hit me up!
Old May 22, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Are you sure you can get the SIN-HKG-SIN in there? Tried it with TA and they couldn’t book it despite availability in both A and F.
Old May 22, 2019, 8:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AnttiV
Are you sure you can get the SIN-HKG-SIN in there? Tried it with TA and they couldn’t book it despite availability in both A and F.
Somebody in the german equivalent of Flyertalk: Vielfliegertreff, managed to have is TA book it, so I guess it is possible.
Old May 23, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Somebody in the german equivalent of Flyertalk: Vielfliegertreff, managed to have is TA book it, so I guess it is possible.
I may suggest that the trick is to book via a neutral GDS and not via Lufthansa system for agents. That would allow to use different sources of inventory confirmation (in case of LH system you book SQ via LH inventory management and in the first case can have a direct connection; unless the systems become so sophisticated that LH/ SQ would not confirm their own segments in case of this creativity attempt since we techincaly have married segments).

Last edited by Keter; May 23, 2019 at 5:15 am
Old May 23, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
If someone knows a TA who can book this with the SQ flights please PM me the details and I’ll be ever so grateful.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by AnttiV
If someone knows a TA who can book this with the SQ flights please PM me the details and I’ll be ever so grateful.
I managed to book ARN-MUC-PEK-SIN-PEK-FRA-ARN in F with the SQ A380 suites using www.aobtravel.se .
Old May 26, 2019, 11:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

2nd September to 11th September
ARN-ZRH-SIN (night layover 12h) SIN-(SQ Suites Class)-HKG-FRA-MUC-ARN
Still looking for a companion, last chance as the fare will expire on Monday.
Old May 26, 2019, 12:26 pm

Has someone found a reliable way to get those SQ Suites flights to ticket? Does it have to be through a specific travel agent?
Old May 26, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
I struggle to find this one at the sale price. I did though find to HKG via PEK, with CX F both ways PEK-HKG. Bookable on Expedia.
Old May 26, 2019, 1:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ung1
I struggle to find this one at the sale price. I did though find to HKG via PEK, with CX F both ways PEK-HKG. Bookable on Expedia.
Because I already reserved it through the Swiss City ticket office in Zurich and therefore there is not enough A class space left for you to see

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.