Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

*A: LAX/NYC/WAS-DME/SVO/LED r/t in J for ~$1,750

Old May 15, 19, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Fare basis PQA66SNC
  • 2 FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 1 IN EACH DIRECTION IN FRA/MUC/GVA/VIE/ZRH/BRU/BER/DUS/LIS/OPO/ REK.
  • min first SUN required before turnaround, which allows quick transit thru Russia, although a visa will be required.
  • Max 3months stay
Old May 16, 19, 1:14 am

Programs: UA 1K
whatís the visa application process like?
Old May 16, 19, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, Hertz PC, National EC Executive, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by schnitzer View Post
whatís the visa application process like?
Regular processing takes ​​4-6 weeks in my experience using a visa service. YMMV.

FWIW, bookable through UA on 016 tickets, with appropriate PQM/PQD earnings, when codeshare flights exist.
Old May 16, 19, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by legalalien View Post
Regular processing takes ​​4-6 weeks in my experience using a visa service. YMMV.

FWIW, bookable through UA on 016 tickets, with appropriate PQM/PQD earnings, when codeshare flights exist.
Looks like a fairly painful process too. Peninsula Visa charge $400 in processing fees - seems a bit high.
Old May 16, 19, 10:27 am

Programs: Delta Plat, UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
what's the weather like in moscow in December?

We have a russian embassy visa place in Houston (well last time ive been there was 2013). If i remember correctly it was about 250 rush for 1 business day. Maybe 100 or 150 standard wait. Pretty painless, but i have friends that were ex-military and govt workers denied. So, ymmv
Old May 16, 19, 11:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by shonky View Post
Looks like a fairly painful process too. Peninsula Visa charge $400 in processing fees - seems a bit high.
So don't use a scam visa processing service. I got a 3-year multi-entry. It's fairly easy. You fill out of the forms online, bring them in (in NYC there is a visa processing office, not in the embassy), then come back in like 10 days and pick it up.
Old May 16, 19, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
So don't use a scam visa processing service. I got a 3-year multi-entry. It's fairly easy. You fill out of the forms online, bring them in (in NYC there is a visa processing office, not in the embassy), then come back in like 10 days and pick it up.
Actually Iím wrong. They add around $200 per visa. Itís not unreasonable.

I will look at the multi-entry options.
Old May 16, 19, 12:01 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
i've only been to russia once, but it was a very fun trip. Lot of bad talk in politics, but sightseeing wise - there's so much to do and see in moscow. Seeing monuments and museums from a different perspective is always interesting to me. Paid a tour company that provided a private guide and transport. It was very affordable and hit most of the major landmarks. It is very worthwhile of a trip... unless you plan on going into government work that needs security clearance. Just watch out for pick pockets on the subway. Had to grab a kid to get my wallet back coming up from a subway. But that also happened to me in Paris, so really can't escape it.
Old May 16, 19, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Praying for a OneWorld match
Old May 16, 19, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
for SFO - DME/LED, GoogleF shows prices $2200 +/- but when I click through to UA the price jumps to $8 - $10k. And the only times I see these low fares are the weeks around Xmas and NY's. Would be a good and interesting mileage run early in the year if I could get it to price out. Anyone else get it to work for Northern California?
Old May 16, 19, 1:47 pm

I'm probably going to do SFO (or SJC) to LAX and then back to SFO. It works out to be $1800 + positioning to LAX.

My debate is whether it is worth it to fly to YUL to take the A350 to MUC. LH Biz doesn't look super spectacular.
Old May 16, 19, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by shonky View Post
I'm probably going to do SFO (or SJC) to LAX and then back to SFO. It works out to be $1800 + positioning to LAX.

My debate is whether it is worth it to fly to YUL to take the A350 to MUC. LH Biz doesn't look super spectacular.
Have not flown the A350 so it may have changed, but in my experience the LH biz seat is older, and has little privacy. Some people also dislike the relatively cramped footwells and the intimate closeness with your seat mate. More important if you're travelling solo, obviously. Similar comments on the LZ biz seats. Better option would be UA on a 'true' Polaris plane, or AC.
Old May 16, 19, 2:55 pm

Thanks - most of these are almost gone now
Old May 16, 19, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, Hertz PC, National EC Executive, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou View Post
for SFO - DME/LED, GoogleF shows prices $2200 +/- but when I click through to UA the price jumps to $8 - $10k. And the only times I see these low fares are the weeks around Xmas and NY's. Would be a good and interesting mileage run early in the year if I could get it to price out. Anyone else get it to work for Northern California?
Fare rules have July 21-August 20, Thanksgiving and Xmas as the only allowed travel periods.
Old May 16, 19, 9:18 pm

Fare Gone?

Originally Posted by legalalien View Post
Fare rules have July 21-August 20, Thanksgiving and Xmas as the only allowed travel periods.
check. And appear to be gone now

Search this Thread
Search Engine: