Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Bella XP Run: NAP/MXP/FCO to BLL: 90 XPs for €528!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Another 90 XP Run , this time from across Italy , over a weekend with no vacation days needed...
This fare is not for most people but it works great for those chasing status with Air France/KLMs Flying Blue program as it gives 90 XPs which is almost enough for Silver status over just one weekend and spending time exploring cities across Europe.

These sample dates are in November over a Saturday/Sunday so no time off from work...

Source: My site PremiumCabinDeals

How to book this fare?
A) Search ITA Matrix for valid dates using AF AF AF as parameters
B) Input dates via Multi-City into your favorite online travel agent
C) If that doesn't work, copy and paste the ITA Matrix data into BookWithMatrix.
D) Prep yourself for a day or night in Lego Land!

90 Flying Blue XP Points from Naples

90 Flying Blue XP Points from Rome/Roma

90 Flying Blue XP Points from Milan

Old May 13, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver, LH Senator, SPG Plat
I think that type of fare and price works from many countries. Here an example from London:

Old May 13, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by LondonMike
I think that type of fare and price works from many countries. Here an example from London:
Thank you! I nearly have booked the ex-DE one, but you've saved me the hassle of positioning to Germany.
jfkeze likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Ex-Spain also works... I'll try to put together a list of ex UK options...
Old May 13, 2019, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wmaciej
Thank you! I nearly have booked the ex-DE one, but you've saved me the hassle of positioning to Germany.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
When I get a moment, I will have a look to see if it works for a bit more to any Norwegian cities for a bit more. Trondheim and Tromsø would interest me.

For those flying to Billund, don't just stick around Billund if you're not into Lego. Go over to the North Sea coast and drive up it. Wonderful.
Old May 19, 2019, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
When I get a moment, I will have a look to see if it works for a bit more to any Norwegian cities for a bit more. Trondheim and Tromsø would interest me.

For those flying to Billund, don't just stick around Billund if you're not into Lego. Go over to the North Sea coast and drive up it. Wonderful.
I tried ex DUS and similar fares exist to many points across Scandinavia...
In ITA Matrix , add AF AF AF as the variables to show the 6 segment combos: AAL, SVG, TRD, KRS among other destinations...

Thysk likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I am not very good at using Matrix, but what you have found is very interesting. I was also wondering if there was any traction for open jaw itineraries, like out of Italy and in to Germany or similar.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Also available in May/June and Fall from ATH even cheaper, $450 (USD) with one connection and $530 with two connections. Just use Google flights, you don't need the matrix to search. *A has similar fares, they seem to be matching them?

Last edited by nk15; May 19, 2019 at 2:14 pm
Old May 19, 2019, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
I am not very good at using Matrix, but what you have found is very interesting. I was also wondering if there was any traction for open jaw itineraries, like out of Italy and in to Germany or similar.
ITA Matrix used to allow you to pick multiple countries as the origin city, that is no longer the case. You could start in DUS and end in MUC (hypothetical example) and it would show options.
I did a five minute search/analysis using Google Flights it seems that the price for Multi-City goes up significantly...
GVA-BLL-GVA USD 567

GVA-BLL-DUS $956

ITA Matrix needs the advance codes (below city pairs) to specifically mentioned routes or airlines... There is where you put the AF AF AF on the outbound or inbound... I select travel time as 0-1 night to try to keep it as a Mileage Run.

I've seen that the BLL works out almost every country in Europe (I keep posting every few days another country combo, even in Russia or Slovenia). The fare is not cheap as it's €500-600 for a intra-Europe flight in EuroBusiness, the only risk is that they limit to one connection via AMS, but since lots of these flights involve KL/AF metal might be hard for them to just limit one carrier as they share the same "mothership" ala IAG/LH Group..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.