Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 6:42 am
formerly DNPierson1

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Utskicat
I don't mean to be snarky, but did you even look on Alitalia.com? I gave specific instructions how to find and book it and what dates to look. I can't actually do it for you. If you want help, give more information on where you are having problems finding it and how you are looking.
"Update for anyone still looking to use this fare. It appears that AZ is only publishing their AZ codeshare flight number on the operated KQ flight NBO-FCO (or NBO-LHR, or NBO-GVA) through the end of October. All routings November on must use NBO-AUH (operated by Eithad) and thus not crediting to Delta/Skyteam."
Your only date options for maximum mileage accrual are through the end of November. After that the NBO-FCO codeshare on Kenya Airways ends and your only routing is via though Doha on Eithad (NBO-AUH-FCO-LAX) which means you’re only earn miles on the final Rome to LAX segment.
​​​​​​​My mistake for not being more specific; your most recent post says that the routing from NBO > FCO > LAX (to maximize MQM accrual on Delta) is available through the end of November, but your earlier post (quoted directly above) says this routing only available through the end of October. I am not able to find November dates, so am curious which of your statements is correct. I did look on Alitalia but couldn't find a routing through FCO or GVA. Appreciate any help as this would be a great option for me!

Last edited by dp555; May 23, 2019 at 6:45 am Reason: added UTskicat's earlier quote for clarity
Old May 23, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
I would like to do NBO-FCO-CDG-JFK-LAX but struggling to find a site to book it on. Are there any sites where you can?
Old May 24, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DNPierson1
My mistake for not being more specific; your most recent post says that the routing from NBO > FCO > LAX (to maximize MQM accrual on Delta) is available through the end of November, but your earlier post (quoted directly above) says this routing only available through the end of October. I am not able to find November dates, so am curious which of your statements is correct. I did look on Alitalia but couldn't find a routing through FCO or GVA. Appreciate any help as this would be a great option for me!
Thanks for the info, that helps. Sorry for my mistake, you caught my typo. It looks like the AZ codeshare on KQ from NBO-FCO only runs to the 25 OCT. Use matrix.itasoftware.com to find dates that are available. After 25OCT, you can still get the fare, you will just have to route NBO-AUH-FCO-onwards blah blah. The NBO-AUH-FCO is operated by Eithad, so its still a great flight but won't get any Delta (or other Skyteam carrier) miles on those segments (you will still get DL credit on the FCO-LAX segments). If the most important thing is the fare and business class, then you should be good to go despite the reduced mileage earning.

Another note: You routing departing NBO on TUES THUR SAT in Nov is NBO-AUH-FCO-LAX (FCO-LAX operated by AZ on 777). On other days of the week, you routing is: NBO-AUH-FCO-JFK/ATL-LAX (FCO-JFK and FCO-ATL operated by DL on 767). I would stick to the Tu/Th/Sat flights. Again, I can pull these routing up just fine on Alitalia.com. You can also use ITA Matrix as listed above and cut and paste your results into bookwithmatrix.com to get a Priceline or Flight Network booking link. But always try to book directly with airline first.

Let me know if you have any other quesitons or if I missed anything. Always here to help as long as enough info is shared to help! Happy Travels!
Old May 24, 2019, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Dan72
I would like to do NBO-FCO-CDG-JFK-LAX but struggling to find a site to book it on. Are there any sites where you can?
First, what dates are you looking? Second, that's not a valid routing. This fare is very odd in that it has different valid routings based on origin and destination.

For example: The NBO-JFK fare, both of these are valid routings: NBO-FCO-ATL-JFK, and NBO-FCO-ATL-JFK, and NBO-FCO-LAX-JFK (weird one but awesome for miles!) There is no valid routing via CDG on the JFK fare.

The NBO-LAX fare (what you want) does allow CDG but ONLY CDG-LAX as far as I can find. If you want a layover in JFK, you cannot go through CDG. You can do NBO-FCO-JFK-LAX.

Why do you want CDG-JFK? If you want to stopover in both Paris and New York, you're out of luck, you have to pick one. If its because you are nervous about being on Alitalia operated aircraft in case of bankrupcy/cease of operations, then just do this: use ITA Matrix to find your route, then use BookwithMatrix.com to copy and paste that route with AZ operated flights and it will generate you a booking link to priceline.com. Book it on pricelice.com (US site) and even with all AZ flight numbers it will issue the ticket on DL-006 ticket stock (because of the joint venture). Even though its an AZ fare, it will be a DL ticket and if AZ folds, Delta will be responsible for rebooking you on DL/AF flights.

Hope that helps.
Dan72 likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or

The NBO-LAX fare (what you want) does allow CDG but ONLY CDG-LAX as far as I can find. If you want a layover in JFK, you cannot go through CDG. You can do NBO-FCO-JFK-LAX.

Why do you want CDG-JFK?
Many thanks. That explains it perfectly. I want to stop in NYC and was interested in trying AF J again. It seems I have to choose NYC or AF.
Utskicat likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 5:19 pm
formerly DNPierson1

R
Thanks for the info, that helps. Sorry for my mistake, you caught my typo. It looks like the AZ codeshare on KQ from NBO-FCO only runs to the 25 OCT. Use matrix.itasoftware.com to find dates that are available. After 25OCT, you can still get the fare, you will just have to route NBO-AUH-FCO-onwards blah blah. The NBO-AUH-FCO is operated by Eithad, so its still a great flight but won't get any Delta (or other Skyteam carrier) miles on those segments (you will still get DL credit on the FCO-LAX segments). If the most important thing is the fare and business class, then you should be good to go despite the reduced mileage earning.

Another note: You routing departing NBO on TUES THUR SAT in Nov is NBO-AUH-FCO-LAX (FCO-LAX operated by AZ on 777). On other days of the week, you routing is: NBO-AUH-FCO-JFK/ATL-LAX (FCO-JFK and FCO-ATL operated by DL on 767). I would stick to the Tu/Th/Sat flights. Again, I can pull these routing up just fine on Alitalia.com. You can also use ITA Matrix as listed above and cut and paste your results into bookwithmatrix.com to get a Priceline or Flight Network booking link. But always try to book directly with airline first.

Let me know if you have any other quesitons or if I missed anything. Always here to help as long as enough info is shared to help! Happy Travels!
thanks! Yeah I was hoping to maximize MQM’s but I guess I’ll miss the full itinerary by a few weeks. Looking forward to the stopover in Rome and a free LAX > Jfk biz class ticket to celebrate thanksgiving with the family.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
This one looks interesting, need to explore the full list of possible stopover points to maximize the utility though.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I'm all set - 4 tickets NBO-FCO-JFK (stop) LAX in J at New Years! And ticketed on 006
Old May 28, 2019, 9:00 pm
formerly DNPierson1

Originally Posted by mizzou miles
I'm all set - 4 tickets NBO-FCO-JFK (stop) LAX in J at New Years! And ticketed on 006
Nice! Were you able to book the NBO > FCO flights (ie, direct, rather than thru AUH)? Others in the thread (including myself) haven't been able to find that direct routing after October.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
How does the ticketing on 006 work? Is it only through Priceline because that option isn't valid for me given I have an infant and they don't do infant bookings
Old May 29, 2019, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by DNPierson1
Nice! Were you able to book the NBO > FCO flights (ie, direct, rather than thru AUH)? Others in the thread (including myself) haven't been able to find that direct routing after October.
It is loaded now through EOS, but not a daily service.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:13 am

Two options - buy the ticket via PCLN and then get the infant ticket later. Or find a good travel agent that is willing to ticket for you. I did the latter. Send me a PM and I will share details if you like.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:56 pm
formerly DNPierson1

Thanks all for the help here. Just booked NBO > FCO > LAX > JFK for $1100, which includes a flight back home to the east coast the day before Thanksgiving. Calling this an exceptional fare doesn't do it justice.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: AS
Were you able to make a stopover (>1day) at LAX? For my case, FCO-LAX(transfer)-JFK works but FCO-LAX(stopover, stay in LA for couple of weeks)-JFK does not.
Old May 29, 2019, 9:01 pm

Do an update on the AZ coded NBO-FCO segment. Looks like it’s a rolling flight publication. Every week, 1 more week of AZ7151 appears. It’s odd indeed.

On another note, I canceled my Priceline booked ticket today (Note: PL charges their own $35 fee to change a refundable ticket but $0 to refund). I was booked NBO FCO LAX JFK but decided I wanted to add JFK-ORD to see an old friend. (NBO-ORD is same price). Before cancelling I made sure I could purchase (get to checkout) on PL for new ticket.

Then I called the DL Platinum line and fed the agent the exact flight numbers. She was able to auto price instantly and correctly. The agent was in shock at the price. I hadn’t mentioned the expected price to her yet when she said “OMG, do you know what this costs?!” I told her “I’m hoping it’s $1095.03”. She couldn’t believe the fare. She wanted to ticket it ASAP before the fare got pulled. I told her it’s been live for too long to be a mistake.

Anyhoo...good data point that Delta can issue it fine on their end. Also meant I was able to use a $1000 ecredit voucher for a DBC yyz-atl last month!!
PurdueFlyer and btonkid12345 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.