Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TP CKY-LIS-Brazil J $1,737/€1,546

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat

A very strange fare-- not sure what inspired me to look at West Africa tonight. Example below to POA. There is 50% fat (YQ) on this fare-- if any of the trick it people know how to reduce some or all of it, a PM would be greatly appreciated.

Old May 10, 2019, 10:43 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
4 flights weekly, best THU dep for the cheapest price. Interesting find
Old May 10, 2019, 2:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

CKY is not easy to get to.. and there's nothing to do.
Old May 11, 2019, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Conakry is one of TP's latest destinations, served by a pretty gruesome overnight flight in a shorthaul-configured A320 with no dedicated business-class seats.

Conakry is pretty inaccesible, and for good reason: it's ghastly.

If you want SFO in J on TAP, go for the Dublin origin service. Significantly cheaper; and although the Dublin Lisbon connection is the same A320 the flight is in the daytime and blessedly shorter than the Conakry one. It includes an overnight in Lisbon on the way out, which TAP might, or might not, pay for.
Old May 11, 2019, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Unionruler
A very strange fare-- not sure what inspired me to look at West Africa tonight. Example below to POA. There is 50% fat (YQ) on this fare-- if any of the trick it people know how to reduce some or all of it, a PM would be greatly appreciated.

...and it would be appreciated if talk of fat and tricks could be kept in the mileage run playpen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.