Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LH/LA: Germany to MAD from €94 one-way!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LA: Germany to MAD from €94 one-way!

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
MAD-FRA as low as €70 one-way in January 2020...

Source: My site PremiumCabinDeals

Last edited by jfkeze; May 9, 2019 at 12:37 pm
Old May 9, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
am I making it up or have LA cut the FRA-MAD-FRA service on the weekends in 2020?
Old May 9, 2019, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wmaciej
am I making it up or have LA cut the FRA-MAD-FRA service on the weekends in 2020?
LATAM cutting MAD-FRA to 4x from 6x (source: VFT) and RoutesOnline
LATAM Airlines Chile in Northern winter 2019/20 season plans to reduce Santiago de Chile – Madrid – Frankfurt service, as the airline schedules 4 weekly flights, instead of 6. Frequency adjustment is in effect from 27OCT19 to 28MAR20. Boeing 787-9 operates this route.

LA704 SCL2010 – 1250+1MAD1500+1 – 1735+1FRA 789 x156
LA705 FRA1925 – 2155MAD2355 – 0930+1SCL 789 x267

Santiago de Chile – Madrid sector remains unchanged at 7 weekly.
Old May 9, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by jfkeze
LATAM cutting MAD-FRA to 4x from 6x (source: VFT) and RoutesOnline
thanks for the confirmation.
damn, I knew I should have booked it last week...
Old May 11, 2019, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Leipzig to Madrid (2 LH Segments)
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: LH FTL
Is this fare still around? I am considering adding a few miles to my M&M account, so adding many legs on *A carriers would be great ;-)
I have also seen DUS - LUX - FRA - MAD flights but couldn't find any :-/
Any advice?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:54 am

I could find some interesting routes - very rare dates though...

PAD - MUC - PRG - MUC - FRA (LH / Z) - MAD (LA / Z) for 190 €

This should earn 4.500 M&M miles (+ exec bonus) in addition to the LATAM flight... For those that are short on their *A accounts

On dates where LATAM flight is available only in booking class I or above the LH flights are booked into D (and earn a bit more miles), but price jumps up to 500+ €.

I am wondering if you could start in FRA and hop around a bit cross-border before you actually take the late outbound to MAD? Something like FRA - ZRH - VIE - FRA ? Couldn't get that priced though...

The fare DEEEJZ0V looks interesting for that purpose...
Category 8: Stopover restrictions
UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT.

Category 9: Transfer restrictions
UNLIMITED TRANSFERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT FARE BREAK AND EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT. NOTE - /// ILIMITADAS CONEXIONES PERMITIDAS. ///

Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyDUS
Is this fare still around? I am considering adding a few miles to my M&M account, so adding many legs on *A carriers would be great ;-)
I have also seen DUS - LUX - FRA - MAD flights but couldn't find any :-/
Any advice?
DUS-LUX is twice a week (Monday and Friday) so try that as a base...
My usual rule with this fare is search a simple DUS-MUC-FRA-MAD if it shows up at a reasonable price 150-170ish, that means it's a LATAM Z class and it's showtime... DUS-AMS-CDG (for FlyingBlue members can usually be added)

Can you share a screenshot of the PAD fare? That double connection in MUC sure looks tempting...
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:29 am

Example date is the below.
https://flights.app.goo.gl/5PTqT

Could confirm via AMEX that all LH segments book into Z and price is ~190 €.

nixande likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I got DUS-AMS-FRA-MAD a while back (3 or 4 weeks) but it really didn't work trying to add CDG as well. It did work from HAJ, though, with both AMS and CDG in the picture. The way I have it leaves enough time between connections and time to enjoy the lounge. Could even go to the new non Schengen lounge in AMS (I noticed last week that you don't actually need to show passport control a boarding pass), although that passport control can get a bit scary at times (masses of people).

What I have been totally unsuccessful with is booking a cheap ticket back to DUS from MAD. Thinking of just booking UX back to FRA in Economy (got status with lounge access) or an Avios ticket on Iberia.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: Currently without any status :(
Anybody having had any luck with combining this with either TXL or any kind of rail and fly segment?
Leipzig is not that far away by train and sometimes the airport codes for train stations work.

And FlyDus, any tip how to insert this connection into something like matrix?
I tried adding the connecting airports but it says 'not valid'
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by nixande
Anybody having had any luck with combining this with either TXL or any kind of rail and fly segment?
Leipzig is not that far away by train and sometimes the airport codes for train stations work.

And FlyDus, any tip how to insert this connection into something like matrix?
I tried adding the connecting airports but it says 'not valid'
Honestly I failed searching with ITA matrix for this fares.
I took a look at google flights to find availability for FRA - MAD on Latam with Z bucket (cheapest dates).
I have then used momondo and AMEX flight booking engine to price out the connections, i.e. for the above I used:

PAD - PRG
PRG - FRA
FRA - MAD

I am not an heavy matrix user but I believe you can enforce the fare being applied there also.

I am wondering if anyone could add even more LH legs to this trip?!
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am no good with Matrix, not something I could ever get into. I am more interested in adding Skyteam segments, or that private jet between DUS and LUX!
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
I am no good with Matrix, not something I could ever get into. I am more interested in adding Skyteam segments, or that private jet between DUS and LUX!
Try end of schedule. Find a good price on FRA-MAD or MAD-FRA on Google Flights, then tag on further flights. Book via OTA. For example, Expedia works.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed, Expedia worked on the outbound, with the routing being DUS-AMS-FRA-MAD. Going back, I certainly found a decent price for the MAD-FRA (€120) but I was unable to add connecting flights the following morning in the same way that I did for the outbound.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.