Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] LX/LH Companion Fares exUK in First & Biz (from 999GBP per person)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] LX/LH Companion Fares exUK in First & Biz (from 999GBP per person)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I booked for 3 with Swiss. Anyone know how to add a FF number to the booking on the Swiss site?
Old May 3, 2019, 12:46 pm

i booked for two adults and 1 child London - Hong Kong 20th feb - 22nd March. No issues at all.
Old May 4, 2019, 12:33 am

So..... any advice on where to credit these flights.

I predominately fly one world and credit to AS where possible and BA when not.

Based in London and have no immediate plans to fly *A flights soon.

Looks like i will accrue around 12,500 per ticket for our LHR-HKG return - 3 passengers.

Questions.

1. Is there a programme that allows miles pooling?
2. Are there any programmes that offer and flights within Europe (one way or return) for such small amounts of miles.
3. Any programme offer good value for use against hotels/gift cards etc?

thanks in advance.
IAANN likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by vj_rama
Interesting to note you can book for family of 4 (or 4 adults) using swiss link but not through lufthansa's. Incredible deal.
Hi there, I tried booking for 2 adults + 2 children but only get error messages. Did you manage to book for 4 people? Thanks!

Edit: I managed. Thanks!

Last edited by jplondon; May 4, 2019 at 11:39 am
Old May 4, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA GFL, OW Gold, CX/MP Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Hawes7701

Looks like i will accrue around 12,500 per ticket for our LHR-HKG return - 3 passengers.

Questions.

2. Are there any programmes that offer and flights within Europe (one way or return) for such small amounts of miles.

thanks in advance.
Interested to know too!
Hawes7701 likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 1:39 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I booked for 3 with Swiss. Anyone know how to add a FF number to the booking on the Swiss site?
Use LH.com
Old May 4, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: Always J
My wife and I have recently completed the first leg of our SWISS flight to SE Asia which was booked under last year's superb Lufty / SWISS deal but would be very grateful for some advice on when we can expect the Miles & More points to credit.

Obviously with BA the Avios usually post within a few days of each leg being completed but can't see the Miles & More points having been credited so far. Do they post en masse after the return flight has been completed?

Many thanks in advance.
Old May 5, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Lufthansa generally within 2 days, Swiss a bit longer, say 4-5 days.
HiSo likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: Always J
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Lufthansa generally within 2 days, Swiss a bit longer, say 4-5 days.
Thanks, The Wolf. Our flight was on 27 April so five days have elapsed so should post imminently.

Once they do post then I'll have to work out what to do with them.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Does anyone know what the access code is? I am trying to play around with open-jaw tickets and elongated transit times in FRA but doesn't seem to pull up the special fares without the access code?
Old May 6, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: SK*G
Originally Posted by Hawes7701

Questions.

thanks in advance.
You could register for SAS EuroBonus. They have point sharing and offers r/t tickets between Europe - Nordic+ countries for 30k points.
Old May 6, 2019, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by HuntForPrem
You could register for SAS EuroBonus. They have point sharing and offers r/t tickets between Europe - Nordic+ countries for 30k points.
thanks for this - much appreciated.

Old May 6, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Hmmm, I'm going to have to ask for advice as well now...

Each member of my family has about 20k miles on Miles & More, which will expire in late 2021. We have no status and I'm not really fan of Miles which expire without chance of extension, the pressure is real... I do however like that LH rates for award flights are quite low.

So here's the question. Is it worth getting an ANA or EuroBonus card and start pooling the miles on there instead, and just forsake whatever I have on M&M? Or should I commit all the way to M&M now that I'm in?
Old May 6, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
I would go for a family account with either A3 or NH. Earn and burn rates are good with A3 and they also allow a family account. Eurobonus rates are relatively high and earn rates aren't amazing either.
Old May 6, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by pogonation
Does anyone know what the access code is? I am trying to play around with open-jaw tickets and elongated transit times in FRA but doesn't seem to pull up the special fares without the access code?
It's upthread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.