Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA - IAH-MIA-GIG - Premium Economy - $600

Old Apr 16, 19, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

This is my second find ever, but I found a deal on American going to Rio de Janeiro for $600 in Premium Economy for a 4-day trip. Thursday to Sunday. Hope this is good.

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...53*2.USD.59953
Old Apr 16, 19, 8:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); AS MVP Gold; DL Plat
great find for EQM...the EQDs are low but it's a great fare..thanks for sharing!
Old Apr 16, 19, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by boss315 View Post
great find for EQM...the EQDs are low but it's a great fare..thanks for sharing!
This is coding as P*/Y* in AA Vacations and earns 20% EQD as a special fare.

Excellent find, thanks OP!
E55 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 19, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat (LT Gold), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Dates look to be available starting in Aug - Nov, and again from Jan - Feb 2020. Haven't seen fare rules yet, looks like cannot be Sunday or Monday departure
Old Apr 16, 19, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat (LT Gold), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Fare Rules

Fare Rules here
Spoiler
City Pair

Fare Basis Code

(Displayed Below)

IAH to GIG

OLN0NSP3

Yes

GIG to IAH

OLN0NSP3

No

OLN0NSP3

Surcharges

SURCHARGES - FARE RULE IF INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT PSGR UNDER 2. OR - CONTRACT BULK INFANT PSGR UNDER 2. OR - MILITARY INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT UNDER 2. OR - INCLUSIVE TOUR INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT PSGR UNDER 2. THERE IS NO MISCELLANEOUS/OTHER SURCHARGE PER ANY PASSENGER. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. SURCHARGES DO NOT APPLY TO INFANT PASSENGERS NOT OCCUPYING A SEAT FROM UNITED STATES - MISCELLANEOUS/OTHER SURCHARGE OF USD 70.00 PER FARE COMPONENT WILL BE ADDED TO THE APPLICABLE FARE PER ANY PASSENGER FROM 03JAN19 THROUGH 07JAN19 FOR ALL INTERNATIONAL SECTORS. TO UNITED STATES - MISCELLANEOUS/OTHER SURCHARGE OF USD 70.00 PER FARE COMPONENT WILL BE ADDED TO THE APPLICABLE FARE PER ANY PASSENGER FROM 19DEC18 THROUGH 28DEC18 FOR ALL INTERNATIONAL SECTORS. GENERAL RULE - APPLY UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IF INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT PSGR UNDER 2. OR - CONTRACT BULK INFANT PSGR UNDER 2. OR - MILITARY INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT UNDER 2. OR - INCLUSIVE TOUR INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT PSGR UNDER 2. OR - MISSIONARY INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT PSGR UNDER 2. OR - SEAMAN INF WITHOUT A SEAT UNDER 2. THERE IS NO MISCELLANEOUS/OTHER SURCHARGE PER ANY PASSENGER. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. SURCHARGES DO NOT APPLY TO INFANT PASSENGERS NOT OCCUPYING A SEAT. MISCELLANEOUS/OTHER SURCHARGE OF USD 120.00 PER FARE COMPONENT WILL BE ADDED TO THE APPLICABLE FARE PER ANY PASSENGER FOR ALL INTERNATIONAL SECTORS. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. THE SURCHARGE APPLIES IN ADDITION TO ALL OTHER CHARGES AND IS NOT SUBJECT TO ANY DISCOUNT. THE SURCHARGE WILL NOT APPLY TO PASSENGERS TRAVELING ON FREE TICKETS.

Rule Application and Other Conditions

RULE APPLICATION AND OTHER CONDITIONS - NOTE - THE FOLLOWING TEXT IS INFORMATIONAL AND NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. FARES BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES/CANADA AND CENTRAL AMERICA/SOUTH AMERICA APPLICATION AREA THESE FARES APPLY BETWEEN UNITED STATES/CANADA AND CENTRAL AMERICA/ SOUTH AMERICA. CLASS OF SERVICE THESE FARES APPLY FOR FIRST/BUSINESS/ECONOMY CLASS SERVICE. TYPES OF TRANSPORTATION FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE CAN BE USED TO CREATE ONE-WAY/ROUND-TRIP/CIRCLE-TRIP/OPEN-JAW JOURNEYS. CAPACITY LIMITATIONS THE CARRIER SHALL LIMIT THE NUMBER OF PASSENGERS CARRIED ON ANY ONE FLIGHT AT FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE AND SUCH FARES WILL NOT NECESSARILY BE AVAILABLE ON ALL FLIGHTS. THE NUMBER OF SEATS, WHICH THE CARRIER SHALL MAKE AVAILABLE ON A GIVEN FLIGHT, WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE CARRIER$S BEST JUDGEMENT. OTHER CONDITIONS FOR THE PORTION OF TRAVEL WITHIN/BETWEEN THE CONTINENTAL U.S./CANADA/HAWAII/PUERTO RICO/VIRGIN ISLANDS ON AA INCLUDED IN THE THROUGH PUBLISHED BUSINESS/EXECUTIVE CLASS FARE PASSENGERS WILL BE ACCOMODATED SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF SPACE IN THE FIRST CLASS SECTION OF AN AIRCRAFT NOT HAVING A BUSINESS/EXECUTIVE CLASS COMPARTMENT.

Maximum Stay

MAXIMUM STAY - TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 12 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

Penalties

PENALTIES - CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN CASE OF CANCEL/NO-SHOW/ REFUND. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. IN THE CASE OF THE DEATH OF THE PASSENGER/ OR A TRAVELING COMPANION/THE SERVICE CHARGE MAY BE WAIVED OR THE TICKET REFUNDED. VISIT AA.COM FOR DETAIL. ---- FOR TRAVEL AGENCY BOOKINGS MADE IN MEXICO / THE CARIBBEAN / CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA - AA WILL ASSESS A USD 25.00 FEE ON ANY UNTICKETED RESERVATION NOT CANCELED BEFORE DEPARTURE. CHANGES BEFORE DEPARTURE CHARGE USD 300.00. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. THE ORIGINAL NON REFUNDABLE AMOUNT REMAINS NON REFUNDBALE. CHANGES ARE PERMITTED PRIVIDED THE NEW ITINERARY MEETS ALL THE PROVISIONS OF THE NEW FARE PURCHASED I.E. ADVANCE RESERVATION/TICKET PURCHASE/MINIMUM /MAXIMUM STAY REQUIREMENTS. WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY IN A LOWER FARE NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE. HOWEVER THE DIFFERENCE IN FARE WILL BE RETURNED TO THE PASSENGER IN THE FORM OF A NON REFUNDABLE TRAVEL VOUCHER WHICH MAY BE APPLIED TOWARDS THE PURCHASE OF A TICKET VALID FOR TRANSPORTATION GOVERNED BY AA ONLY AND THE CHANGE FEE WILL APPLY. WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A HIGHER FARE THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE ADD COLLECTED AND THE CHANGE FEE WILL APPLY. RETURN/CONTINUING RESERVATIONS MAY BE CHANGED AT ANY TIME FOR THE ABOVE CHANGE FEE.REISSUES/EXCHANGES NOT ALLOWED TO EOU/ERU FARE ' TYPES. AFTER DEPARTURE CHARGE USD 300.00. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A LOWER FARE NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE. HOWEVER THE DIFFERENCE IN FARE WLL BE RETURNED TO THE PASSENGER IN THE FORM OF A NON-REFUNDBALE TRAVEL VOUCHER WHICH MAY BE APPLIED TOWARDS THE PURCHASE OF A TICKET VALID FOR TRANSPORTATION GOVERNED BY AA ONLY. WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A HIGHER FARE THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE ADD COLLECTED AND THE CHANGE FEE WILL APPLY. REISSUES/EXCHANGES NOT ALLOWED TO EOU/ERU FARE TYPES. CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN CASE OF CANCEL/NO-SHOW/ REFUND. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. IN THE CASE OF THE DEATH OF THE PASSENGER/ OR A TRAVELING COMPANION/THE SERVICE CHARGE MAY BE WAIVED OR THE TICKET REFUNDED. VISIT AA.COM FOR DETAIL. ---- FOR TRAVEL AGENCY BOOKINGS MADE IN MEXICO / THE CARIBBEAN / CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA - AA WILL ASSESS A USD 25.00 FEE ON ANY UNTICKETED RESERVATION NOT CANCELED BEFORE DEPARTURE. CHANGES BEFORE DEPARTURE CHARGE CAD 300.00. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. THE ORIGINAL NON REFUNDABLE AMOUNT REMAINS NON REFUNDBALE. CHANGES ARE PERMITTED PRIVIDED THE NEW ITINERARY MEETS ALL THE PROVISIONS OF THE NEW FARE PURCHASED I.E. ADVANCE RESERVATION/TICKET PURCHASE/MINIMUM /MAXIMUM STAY REQUIREMENTS. WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY IN A LOWER FARE NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE. HOWEVER THE DIFFERENCE IN FARE WILL BE RETURNED TO THE PASSENGER IN THE FORM OF A NON REFUNDABLE TRAVEL VOUCHER WHICH MAY BE APPLIED TOWARDS THE PURCHASE OF A TICKET VALID FOR TRANSPORTATION GOVERNED BY AA ONLY AND THE CHANGE FEE WILL APPLY. WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A HIGHER FARE THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE ADD COLLECTED AND THE CHANGE FEE WILL APPLY. RETURN/CONTINUING RESERVATIONS MAY BE CHANGED AT ANY TIME FOR THE ABOVE CHANGE FEE. REISSUES/EXCHANGES NOT ALLOWED TO EOU/ERU FARE TYPES. AFTER DEPARTURE CHARGE CAD 300.00. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A LOWER FARE NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE. HOWEVER THE DIFFERENCE IN FARE WLL BE RETURNED TO THE PASSENGER IN THE FORM OF A NON-REFUNDBALE TRAVEL VOUCHER WHICH MAY BE APPLIED TOWARDS THE PURCHASE OF A TICKET VALID FOR TRANSPORTATION GOVERNED BY AA ONLY. WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A HIGHER FARE THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE ADD COLLECTED AND THE CHANGE FEE WILL APPLY. REISSUES/EXCHANGES NOT ALLOWED TO EOU/ERU FARE TYPES.

Advance Reservation Ticketing Restrictions

ADVANCE RESERVATIONS/TICKETING - CONFIRMED RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SECTORS. WAITLIST AND STANDBY NOT PERMITTED. TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 1 DAY AFTER RESERVATIONS ARE MADE. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. RESERVATIONS BOOKED 3 DAYS OR LESS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE MUST BE TICKETED WITHIN 24 HOURS. RESERVATIONS BOOKED 24 HOURS OR LESS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE MUST BE TICKETED WITHIN 3 HOURS.

Minimum Stay

MINIMUM STAY - TRAVEL FROM TURNAROUND MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 24 HOURS AFTER ARRIVAL AT THE TURNAROUND.

Embargo Dates

BLACKOUT DATES - NO BLACKOUT DATES APPLY.

Sales Restrictions

SALES RESTRICTIONS - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON THE STOCK OF AA AND MAY NOT BE SOLD IN VENEZUELA. AND MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN AREA 1/ AREA 2/AREA 3. TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED BY ELECTRONIC TICKETING.

Refunds Reissues

VOLUNTARY CHANGES - ENTER RD*31 OR RD'LINE NUM'*31 FOR VOLUNTARY CHGS.

Seasonality

SEASONALITY - FROM RIO - PERMITTED 13JAN THROUGH 22FEB OR 26FEB THROUGH 29JUN OR 19JUL THROUGH 18AUG OR 25AUG THROUGH 15DEC FOR EACH TRIP FROM THE GATEWAY. SEASON IS BASED ON TRIP DATE. TO RIO - PERMITTED 13JAN THROUGH 02MAR OR 07MAR THROUGH 14JUL OR 06AUG THROUGH 31DEC FOR EACH TRIP FROM THE GATEWAY. SEASON IS BASED ON TRIP DATE.

Flight Applications

FLIGHT APPLICATION - THE FARE COMPONENT MUST NOT BE ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY AA FLIGHT OPERATED BY WS ANY WS FLIGHT. AND IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL BETWEEN LAX AND NYC THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY AA FLIGHT OPERATED BY AA BUT NOT ON AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A321 SHARKLETS. AND IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL BETWEEN SFO AND NYC THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY AA FLIGHT OPERATED BY AA BUT NOT ON AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A321 SHARKLETS. AND IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL WITHIN UNITED STATES THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY AA FLIGHT OPERATED BY AA. AND THE FARE COMPONENT MUST BE ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY AA FLIGHT OPERATED BY AA.

Eligibility

ELIGIBILITY - NO ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS APPLY.

Day Time Application

DAY/TIME - NO DAY/TIME TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS APPLY.
Bonaventure likes this.
Old Apr 17, 19, 1:01 am

Sorry but how do you find these fare rules for flights? Because I haven't been able to get basic info off of ITAMatrix.
Old Apr 17, 19, 3:35 am

Programs: AA EXP IHG Spire Jet Blue Mosaic Marriott Gold Hilton Diamond
Also looks like YYZ to GIG is coming out sub $600RT.
Old Apr 17, 19, 6:00 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jinkssick View Post
Sorry but how do you find these fare rules for flights? Because I haven't been able to get basic info off of ITAMatrix.
ExpertFlyer is one reliable way.
jinkssick likes this.
Old Apr 17, 19, 8:58 am

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Excellent add on...

Originally Posted by worldtraveler303 View Post
Looks like US$595 RT
https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...94*2.USD.59494

Wonder if YYZ-MIA will credit to AS or if it's going to be considered a domestic segment?
Old Apr 17, 19, 4:47 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by worldtraveler303 View Post
YUL posting as $577 too. IAH seems to have died about 10 minutes ago (GF shows it but it reprices to $2400+).
Old Apr 17, 19, 6:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by rbAA View Post
Looks like US$595 RT
https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...94*2.USD.59494

Wonder if YYZ-MIA will credit to AS or if it's going to be considered a domestic segment?
YYZ-MIA is international for posting to AS. I flew YVR-DFW-MIA-PTY in J in January for $579 rerurn (domestic DFW-MIA was Y) and it all credited to AS. I am thinking because it was ultimately an International to International itinerary. The J fare even granted me access to the Flagship First Lounge in DFW. AA PE earns 100% of miles flown in Mileage Plan. I also flew YVR-LAX full Y and LAX-HKG IN PE in January too. Both segments credited 100% to Mileage Plan. You can choose MCE seats for no additional fee on the Y segments.

I have been seeing some excellent fares on AA exYVR. I am also seeing AA PE YVR-PHX-MIA-GIG return for $660 for select dates in November & December. If we discard the domestic PHX-MIA (in case my posting was a one-off) it would still accrue 11,834 EQM/RDM + any Elite Bonus. At EQM 5.7 cpm, that is a good MR. Total RDM for MVP 17,751 (3.78 cpm), MVPG 23,668 (2.79 cpm) & MVPG75K 26,627 (2.48 cpm)

James in Capetown
nickohrn and jinkssick like this.
Old Apr 18, 19, 5:39 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, UA Gold/1MM, AA GLD
I was able to get this fare for 4 of us from IAH-MIA-GIG. This is a great fare for premium economy.
Old Apr 19, 19, 7:52 am

is this one dead now? i'm unable to find any on google flights... may be a day late to the party. but, thanks for sharing nonetheless
Old Apr 19, 19, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by skaars View Post
is this one dead now? i'm unable to find any on google flights... may be a day late to the party. but, thanks for sharing nonetheless
Still some slim pickings available out of YYZ.
Old Apr 19, 19, 9:52 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Starfighter202 View Post
This is my second find ever, but I found a deal on American going to Rio de Janeiro for $600 in Premium Economy for a 4-day trip. Thursday to Sunday. Hope this is good.

Link takes me to HOU GIG RT J

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...53*2.USD.59953

Search this Thread