Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QF: CMB-CNS in F for ~US$1,600 o/w

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF: CMB-CNS in F for ~US$1,600 o/w

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HBA747
Just wondering if anyone has found a way of booking this online rather than calling airline?
Having difficulty getting it price out given its a mixed class booking
UL SriLankan Airlines do not have F
QF do not have F to CNS
Airlines/aircraft/routes with F is decreasing
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Yes I agree how can one book F at all please advise
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:22 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by HarbourGent
Or call the airline, if that suits you better. Your choice.
Bloody madman, who in the right mind will CALL THE AIRLINE when there is a potential of a mistake fare. Hideous!
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
Originally Posted by aussielori
Yes I agree how can one book F at all please advise
Some of the sketchier OTAs are still pricing in F, more reputable OTAs are showing J or not at all.
A trusted travel agent is probably your best bet here. Maybe you can reach out to NYC Flyer who is a TA and hangs out this forum.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Guanran Wang
Bloody madman, who in the right mind will CALL THE AIRLINE when there is a potential of a mistake fare. Hideous!
Your ad hominem attack feels unnecessary. You don't want to call an airline, fine. Others may want to do so so for example they don't have a flight cancelled mid trip, have money disappear from their credit cards for months or so on. The FT mantra of never calling an airline feels patronising to me; each to their own.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:03 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Your ad hominem attack feels unnecessary. You don't want to call an airline, fine. Others may want to do so so for example they don't have a flight cancelled mid trip, have money disappear from their credit cards for months or so on. The FT mantra of never calling an airline feels patronising to me; each to their own.
Your argument makes no sense. you can always inquire your bank about credit card issues and if you got canceled a mistake fare it means the airline is not honoring it, still, it does not justify calling the airline to ruin it for everyone else. This is not a mantra, it's about helping each other and be considerate by not ruining everyone else's travels for the benefit of yourself. If you have issues booking it, FT is here for your help and that is what these forums are for.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:33 am

I am not sure why anybody want to call airline after enough information laid out with links on forum, one thing is sure, if somebody call airline, chances are the error fares will be caught much sooner than later and not only the person who called not going to get ticketed but will spoil the chances for others
And not blaming others who post bug red word to prevent that happening, but in no sense it sounded offended, it was advice to all ft users
that mantra allowed many users to get CX and air New Zealand mistake fare
As others mentioned, you can always check credit card statements and dispute the charges, that is just slight drawback of sweet mistake fares
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:45 am

actually this is not a good fare at all ex CMB.

The only way u can get F Class is the SIN-SYD/MEL leg. thats all.

Given I can get I Class return at cheaper than that cost, it is prob best.

Just call the airline and ask them to remove the fare to avoid confusion
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: points traveller
Anyway to route through thru DXB via EK and then SIN (on either EK or QF)?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by diningdecadence
Anyway to route through thru DXB via EK and then SIN (on either EK or QF)?
I used ITA and it says routings through middle east with double the price.
If you are looking for CMB-SIN, there is another thread.
CMB-DXB-SIN in EK F U$ 1449

As to Londonexpert- I agree not the best of fares but great if you need to get to OZ (either BNE or MEL or CNS)

As to Harbourgent- respect the rules, don't do anything to potentially ruin for others. If you do not like it then don't read these "promotional fares."
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: QF Plat VA Silver
Originally Posted by londonexpert
Just call the airline and ask them to remove the fare to avoid confusion
Can I call FlyerTalk and ask them to remove your account to avoid inconveniencing everyone else?
Scottyrocket likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.