Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM: Multiple US cities to GUA from $634 up to 2196 MQDs!

Old Apr 7, 19, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Need some travel plans for Memorial Day and want to pad up your Delta MQDs?

Try this deal from across the United States to Guatemala.
Which is a short flight away from the Mayan city of Tikal, a UNESCO World Heritage site

and Antigua (one hour from Guatemala City) which is a classic example of colonial architecture and also a UNESCO World Heritage site

In Mexico City is is possible to arrange a visit to a historical site such as Teotihuacan (UNESCO World Heritage site) a vast archaeological complex near Mexico City during the layover.

DFW-MEX-GUA would earn 6364 RDMs 4773 MQMs 1272 MQDs 1.66 MQD Ratio

IAH-MEX-GUA would earn 5676 RDMs 4257 MQMs 1135 MQDs 1.79 MQD Ratio

JFK-MEX-GUA would earn 10984 RDMs 8238 MQMs 2196 MQDs 3.26 MQD Ratio

LAS-MEX-GUA would earn 8652 RDMs 6489 MQMs 1730 MQDs 2.15 MQD Ratio

LAX-MEX-GUA would earn 8836 RDMs 6627 MQMs 1767 MQDs 2.39 MQD Ratio

MCO-MEX-GUA would earn 7748 RDMs 5811 MQMs 1549 MQDs 2.01 MQD Ratio

MIA-MEX-GUA would earn 7728 RDMs 5796 MQMs 1545 MQDs 2.46 MQD Ratio

ORD-MEX-GUA would earn 9364 RDMs 7023 MQMs 1872 MQDs 2.50 MQD Ratio

hamburglar, jjangoo and jiaogulan like this.
Old Apr 7, 19, 12:02 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
You can start putting these back to back to save around $120 per trip

ie JFK-GUA-JFK-GUA-JFK would run at $1225 and can be completed from the 10th-12th May

Booking 2x JFK-GUA round trips separately would be ~$1345
Old Apr 7, 19, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, HH Dmnd, Htz PC
This is another great AM deal- albeit with the usual AM caveats, such as service, immigration in MEX, and sometimes long layovers.
Also worth noting that the RDM's are higher if you have any DL status- a DM would get another 120% bonus.
Old Apr 8, 19, 4:13 am

Good fares for this route seem to pop up fairly regularly. In February I booked flights for the Easter long weekend from YYZ -IAH-GUA in United First/Business for $534 CAD and back from GUA-MEX-YYZ in AeroMexico PC for $443 CAD. It mustn’t be very popular.

Last edited by mykel67; Apr 8, 19 at 5:37 am
Old Apr 10, 19, 2:46 am

Thanks! I just booked this biz class deal from NYC for memorial day weekend for $611(also made sure the flights are on AM's 787 lie-flat for the NYC-MEX/MEX-NYC legs). My only question is that I don't understand what my fare class is. I have entered my SkyMiles number so that these flights credit toward Delta, but I'm not sure what my mileage earnings will be.

For my departing flights, it says my "fare basis" is: QNNN6XOM. For my return flights, it's: ENNN6XOM.

I see this as Q class and E class, which are economy, but my ticket clearly says business and my selected seats are business. Can anyone help? (I'm also Silver Medallion if that matters for what I'll earn in this case).
Old Apr 10, 19, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Brandon Luis Samuels View Post
Thanks! I just booked this biz class deal from NYC for memorial day weekend for $611(also made sure the flights are on AM's 787 lie-flat for the NYC-MEX/MEX-NYC legs). My only question is that I don't understand what my fare class is. I have entered my SkyMiles number so that these flights credit toward Delta, but I'm not sure what my mileage earnings will be.

For my departing flights, it says my "fare basis" is: QNNN6XOM. For my return flights, it's: ENNN6XOM.

I see this as Q class and E class, which are economy, but my ticket clearly says business and my selected seats are business. Can anyone help? (I'm also Silver Medallion if that matters for what I'll earn in this case).
Actually, I just tweeted at Delta and they said "the fare class paid is I." Great news for me, but I'm still skeptical, so I'm going to double confirm by calling Aeromexico. Will report back!
Old Apr 10, 19, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Ok... I post Aeromexico deals a lot here on FT... mainly because they are great MQD Runs for Delta flyers...
Full-Disclosure: I have helped clients book complex MQD runs so it's not my first rodeo with DL/AM...

I've heard of some issues with Delta as they are the Aeromexico equivalent of Y-Up Fares.

These two FT posts should give more guidance...

RenePoints Dec 2018
Guidance 2019

Seems that to be safe with Delta:
A) Keep email confirmation with I fare
B) Keep boarding passes if needed (or take photos with phone)
C) Be ready to fight if they don't post correctly....
Still Aeromexico is the best way for American based flyers to collect MQDs at a favorable rate
Old Apr 10, 19, 9:29 am

Programs: TK E+, DL, WY, Radisson R
I need to caveat that be prepared to fight with DL over miles not posting, especially if booked with flights operated by both AM and DL. Best to book tickets with all flights operated by AM.

I'm still dealing with DL over JFK-MEX segments not posted where it shows ticket refunded, something fishy going on between DL and AM.

If you do book them and all segments are operated by AM, be sure to ask check-in staff at first segment to manually enter DL numbers. My previous MCO-MEX-SCL flights got miles posted without any glitch/issue this way.
rizrizriz likes this.
Old Apr 10, 19, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
Found JFK for $551.

https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...23*2.USD.55023

Last edited by krypttohk; Apr 10, 19 at 10:03 am Reason: Mistake
Old Apr 10, 19, 11:16 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by krypttohk View Post
Found JFK for $551.

Nice find!

So this now can become $998, all I class, 3x 787s

Last edited by pmarrsouth; Apr 10, 19 at 11:40 am Reason: hopefully image displays now
Old Apr 10, 19, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krypttohk View Post

Nice, if you pick the 3:20 PM departure ex-JFK you get the 787 and a short connection arriving late evening into GUA.
Old Apr 10, 19, 11:29 am

I have also done a handful of these "AM Deals" last year and year before. One thing I would say has to be absolutely done is MAKE SURE YOUR DL SM # is ON YOUR BOARD PASS!!!!
It means NOTHING if you put in your SM# on the AM website when buying tickets or choose a seat.
There is some sorta bug or something that does NOT (at least for any times I have done it) transfer your Delta SM# from the reservation to the actual boarding ticket.
I had to do a lot of fighting and lost out on a flight or two cuz of this and was only able to get some MQD (and not the I Fare) after having it looked at AFTER the flight.
Seems to go "ok" if you make sure your # is put into the system and printed out by the boarding pass, all of which I done while AT THE BOARDING GATE, the day leaving. Then it has "auto-magicly" shown up when AM seems to do a Daily or weekly 'update" to the Delta SkyMiles system.
Old Apr 10, 19, 8:08 pm

Found flights from SFO for $550 roundtrip
jfkeze likes this.
Old Apr 13, 19, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM; Marriott Titanium
Thanks for spotting the fare, OP. Booked!
jfkeze likes this.
Old Apr 14, 19, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM
Great find! You can find as low as $541.00 from JFK, to and from on the 787

Last edited by cl.lurker; Apr 14, 19 at 3:29 pm Reason: crappy copy/paste

Search this Thread
Search Engine: