Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM: Multiple US cities to GUA from $634 up to 2196 MQDs!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AM: Multiple US cities to GUA from $634 up to 2196 MQDs!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
You need to overnight in MEX on the return to get the 787 but outbound timing is great
Originally Posted by cl.lurker
Great find! You can find as low as $541.00 from JFK, to and from on the 787
Sample Flights with 787

NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Going to try this out as my first MR. Last year was a ton of business travel and my first time making Diamond (or anywhere close) and I've caught the bug of keeping that status. Sadly I don't see multiple (work-paid) business trips to Asia and EU this year so ... have to get more creative in collecting MQM and MQD

Found a double-round-trip from JFK for $970 with a bit of usable time in both MEX and GUA to taste the air. Looking at >4K MQD ... not a bad ratio! Thanks for the suggestion to double-up even if my GF thinks i'm crazy.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
JFK-MEX-GUA Review

First I give a big thanks to JFKEZE for bringing these AM mileage runs to the table. They are very convenient for obtaining Delta status. I found this JFK-MEX-GUA run really useful; not for just status but the tour I was able to find when u booked this run. Got this run for $557 ok Expedia and booked about 8 days before departing. If your going to do at least a day in GUA and you enjoy hiking and being outdoors I can’t recommend enough the Pacaya Volcano tour and hot springs with lunch. Check out my mileage run below. Hope this helps anyone with what to expect and where to stay potentially if your not doing a direct turn.

jfkeze, NJSwamplands and bratclif like this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:44 pm

Brandhino1, would you kindly confirm your MQM and MQD accrual for this trip? Aero México often has great business fares but, after being burned on the last run I took, I've been hesitant to book again. The fare code reported to Delta was economy (Q) even though the boarding passes stated business class (I).
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiegoTrvllr
Brandhino1, would you kindly confirm your MQM and MQD accrual for this trip? Aero México often has great business fares but, after being burned on the last run I took, I've been hesitant to book again. The fare code reported to Delta was economy (Q) even though the boarding passes stated business class (I).
Just a heads up...

Did you keep:
A) Confirmation email showing I Class
B) Boarding Pass showing Business Class

If you have that submit it to Delta, you should not have been "burned". It's an I class fare, so just a matter of multiple follow-up with Delta to get your Miles if they didn't post correctly...
Brandinho1 and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:45 am

My take on AM flights the BIG thing I have found you must ALWAYS ensure is that your DELTA SM # on the board pass. Even if you have your # on your ticket online with AM, it seems there is a bug that need to have the Gate Agent or someone at the airport that prints your boarding pass go into the system and muck with whatever it takes to have your SM # print out. EVERY time that has happened it always has posted to Delta, even these "UP" fares. (my 2cents and data points from the last couple years, on something like 10 or more AM trips since 2017) The one trip that I "lost" was one I didn't get SM# on the boarding card
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:00 pm

AM I Fare credited to DL

I concur with issues getting these fares properly credited. My advice if you run into any problems, use the DL Twitter team. It may take two DM's, but you will get the proper credit.

Last edited by flyme2; Oct 18, 2019 at 9:17 pm
Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SanDiegoTrvllr
Had no ideas with my accruals. For all of the issues I have heard I have yet to have an issue with these crediting as I fares automatically. Of course as jfkeze suggests I always keep my boarding passes until it credits but it’s usually no longer than 5-6 days I see the whole thing credit
Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by rizrizriz
My take on AM flights the BIG thing I have found you must ALWAYS ensure is that your DELTA SM # on the board pass. Even if you have your # on your ticket online with AM, it seems there is a bug that need to have the Gate Agent or someone at the airport that prints your boarding pass go into the system and muck with whatever it takes to have your SM # print out. EVERY time that has happened it always has posted to Delta, even these "UP" fares. (my 2cents and data points from the last couple years, on something like 10 or more AM trips since 2017) The one trip that I "lost" was one I didn't get SM# on the boarding card
Good point you really want to do this if check in on us leg to Mexico isn’t handled on delta.com
tc fly girl and rizrizriz like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.