Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

OW and Star: $2252 R/T from JFK to BUD

Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime

AlItalia was matching up until yesterday afternoon (BOO!!!).

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...3*2.USD.222683

Tons of availability -- from now to Feb 2020!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Lots of business fares around this price out of Jfk right now.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
I'm seeing it on SkyTeam out of SFO too.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
AlItalia was matching up until yesterday afternoon (BOO!!!).

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...3*2.USD.222683

Tons of availability -- from now to Feb 2020!
umm, JFK?
this is what I get when I click your link...

Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Whodunit68

umm, JFK?
this is what I get when I click your link...

LGA is LaGuardia airport, the other NYC airport, that is actually closer to Manhattan then JFK. It's like HND VS NRT in that respect. Most fares don't differentiate between LGA/JFK.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
LGA is LaGuardia airport, the other NYC airport, that is actually closer to Manhattan then JFK. It's like HND VS NRT in that respect.
very familiar with it, just noticing it’s not the same as the post indicates.
It’s not relevant/important for those who live in NYC but for those who are positioning it could be different. For me, it’s usually pretty cheap to get to JFK but generally not so to get to LGA.
I do realize that shuttles exist but that adds another step, time, and cost to the trip.
not a big deal, just noticed the discrepancy.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

It’s not relevant/important for those who live in NYC but for those who are positioning it could be different. For me, it’s usually pretty cheap to get to JFK but generally not so to get to LGA.
I do realize that shuttles exist but that adds another step, time, and cost to the trip.
I'm not sure with other airlines, but DL provides a taxi voucher between LGA/JFK when connecting to/from an international reservation. Worth looking into.
Whodunit68 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Sorry - i was looking for JFK fares via the NYC code and so that made its way into thread title. I just took one flight as a sample (with the NYC search) to help people. Please excuse me for trying to help people. I understand why this demands the amount of critique that you have given it...
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by channa
I'm seeing it on SkyTeam out of SFO too.

Yeah, i saw that. I was ONE DAY late booking it out of NYC for ST. I hope it will come back!!! We're wanting to use it as a springboard to Rome and Athens for a cruise this fall. I need that flight to be ST so i can make Platinum status next year.

ATL
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:06 pm

Sorry - i was looking for JFK fares via the NYC code and so that made its way into thread title. I just took one flight as a sample (with the NYC search) to help people. Please excuse me for trying to help people. I understand why this demands the amount of critique that you have given it...
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

You obviously have very few friends. Leaving it at that. *sigh*
CFM3RD likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, i saw that. I was ONE DAY late booking it out of NYC for ST. I hope it will come back!!! We're wanting to use it as a springboard to Rome and Athens for a cruise this fall. I need that flight to be ST so i can make Platinum status next year.

ATL

It's back!!! We just booked the JFK to BUD in biz on AlItalia for $2286 each, including one night's stay at a 4 star hotel in Budapest (expedia).

Then a cheap economy flight on AlItalia to Rome to catch the cruise ship and then another quick cheap one way fare on RyanAir from ATH to BUD after the cruise! We even got Delta equipment on the way home, out of PRG!

The economy class tix cost us $160 each total including baggage and we get Delta Skymiles on one leg. A little over 22K skymiles and a little over 14K MQMs on the NYC-BUD R/T flight.

ATL

Last edited by ATLConsultant; Mar 21, 2019 at 9:29 pm
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:04 pm

Interesting price -- JFK - which runs through PHL then to BUD -- $2,200 ish
PHL - BUD -- same flight -- $3,100 ish.

Got to love these pricing models.

What would it be booked on Iberia direct? If $2,200 -- then 25% of the 8,700 miles is 2,186 --- so about the same as buying from AA.

Next question -- who's J is better? BA, AA, IB? It would be cool if the code was IA. ha.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
OneWorld still active. Booking on AA JFK-LON-BUD RT in June around $2292. Booking on BA with AARP does generate $200 discount.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.