Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TP: NY/MIA to EU: $1100 one way in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TP: NY/MIA to EU: $1100 one way in J

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
Our flight to BOS was on the 18th of March - maybe it was a fluke that we had the Neo ?

CC

Confusing - I hope I get a pleasant surprise! Out of interest, what did your seat map show?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Based on your note I investigated further - it looks like we were actually on the A332 V5 with the new J configuration :NOT the Neo. From what I can see the NEO does not have the 2 throne seats and is 1-2-1 in all rows

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/TA...330-200_V5.php

If you get a chance to fly this version - grab 3J

CC
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:52 am

Question regarding LIS check in for those who've gotten on the J fare.

I've been able to check in online for DUB LIS, but LIS BOS unable due to US requirements. Does anyone know if I'll be able to do this airside in LIS? At the lounge perhaps? Hoping to not have to clear customs (non EU passport) and check back in landside....

Cheers!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Xaroco
I've been able to check in online for DUB LIS, but LIS BOS unable due to US requirements. Does anyone know if I'll be able to do this airside in LIS? At the lounge perhaps? Hoping to not have to clear customs (non EU passport) and check back in landside....
You'll get boarding passes when you physically present yourself at the departing airport. There's no remote check-in for most international flights.
If your trip starts in the EU, you'll be clearing customs in BOS. Although DUB airport now has the US CBP facility, they preclear only direct flights to the US.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
You'll get boarding passes when you physically present yourself at the departing airport. There's no remote check-in for most international flights.
If your trip starts in the EU, you'll be clearing customs in BOS. Although DUB airport now has the US CBP facility, they preclear only direct flights to the US.
Thank you for the reply!

Ahh right, so would you avoid checking in for my DUB LIS leg then..? I'm just going to run into the same issue there, I want to stay airside off a positioning flight - will TP staff at the gate be able to issue my connecting LIS BOS boarding pass if I've checked in for DUB LIS already?

Hmmm, decisions
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:54 pm

Thank you for the reply!

Ahh right, so would you avoid checking in for my DUB LIS leg then..? I'm just going to run into the same issue there, I want to stay airside off a positioning flight - will TP staff at the gate be able to issue my connecting LIS BOS boarding pass if I've checked in for DUB LIS already?

Hmmm, decisions
Connection time in DUB too fine to risk. I'll just bite the bullet and have to clear customs in LIS and check myself back in landside, unless a transfer desk airside can help me out. Thanks for the input
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:40 pm

Connection time in DUB too fine to risk. I'll just bite the bullet and have to clear customs in LIS and check myself back in landside, unless a transfer desk airside can help me out. Thanks for the input
These might be off-topic for this thread, but a much better fit for the airline forum, e.g. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...-airlines-469/
You'll likely get more helpful answers there, if you state your whole itinerary and what exactly are your concerns with it.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Skyflight55
I’m finding the flights on gf, but unable to book when it takes me to the OT. Both Mia and Jfk. Is there a way to force it through? New here
Enter your itinerary and dates manually into the same OTA. If you're concerned about Google not getting their advertising cut, send them a check.
15cats and Skyflight55 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Enter your itinerary and dates manually into the same OTA. If you're concerned about Google not getting their advertising cut, send them a check.
lol thx!
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Must have been slow time for premium fare deals.

If your main goal is to position to EU for much lower J fares, you can do it for less (I doubt the extra miles outbound will make it worthwhile)

1. Fly Norwegian 1 way for $500 in Y+.
2. Fly Azores for $800-$900 OW out of YYZ or BOS to the cheap EU gateways TP serves.

In fact you'll be flying in TP metal with connections onward from LIS, such as AMS, CPH, OSL, and HEL. The latter 3 are the cheapest EU to US/Canada TP gateways in J ($1400, $1500, and $1600 respectively).

FI used to have some cheap J deals too but with demise of WW their fares have more than doubled in almost every city pairs, especially Iceland to EU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.