Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

OW and Star: $2252 R/T from JFK to BUD

OW and Star: $2252 R/T from JFK to BUD

Reply

Old Mar 19, 19, 5:26 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 MillionMiler; Marriott Platinum
Posts: 238
OW and Star: $2252 R/T from JFK to BUD

AlItalia was matching up until yesterday afternoon (BOO!!!).

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...3*2.USD.222683

Tons of availability -- from now to Feb 2020!
ATLConsultant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 19, 5:50 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: DFW
Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 480
Lots of business fares around this price out of Jfk right now.
britishcanuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 19, 9:56 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 34,856
I'm seeing it on SkyTeam out of SFO too.
channa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 19, 1:45 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: GNV
Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Posts: 294
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant View Post
AlItalia was matching up until yesterday afternoon (BOO!!!).

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...3*2.USD.222683

Tons of availability -- from now to Feb 2020!
umm, JFK?
this is what I get when I click your link...

Whodunit68 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 19, 1:50 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 14,752
Originally Posted by Whodunit68 View Post

umm, JFK?
this is what I get when I click your link...

LGA is LaGuardia airport, the other NYC airport, that is actually closer to Manhattan then JFK. It's like HND VS NRT in that respect. Most fares don't differentiate between LGA/JFK.
flyerCO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 19, 1:54 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: GNV
Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Posts: 294
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
LGA is LaGuardia airport, the other NYC airport, that is actually closer to Manhattan then JFK. It's like HND VS NRT in that respect.
very familiar with it, just noticing itís not the same as the post indicates.
Itís not relevant/important for those who live in NYC but for those who are positioning it could be different. For me, itís usually pretty cheap to get to JFK but generally not so to get to LGA.
I do realize that shuttles exist but that adds another step, time, and cost to the trip.
not a big deal, just noticed the discrepancy.
Whodunit68 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 19, 2:11 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 14,752
Originally Posted by Whodunit68 View Post

very familiar with it, just noticing itís not the same as the post indicates.
Itís not relevant/important for those who live in NYC but for those who are positioning it could be different. For me, itís usually pretty cheap to get to JFK but generally not so to get to LGA.
I do realize that shuttles exist but that adds another step, time, and cost to the trip.
not a big deal, just noticed the discrepancy.
I'm not sure with other airlines, but DL provides a taxi voucher between LGA/JFK when connecting to/from an international reservation. Worth looking into.
Whodunit68 likes this.
flyerCO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 19, 3:01 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 MillionMiler; Marriott Platinum
Posts: 238
Originally Posted by Whodunit68 View Post

very familiar with it, just noticing itís not the same as the post indicates.
Itís not relevant/important for those who live in NYC but for those who are positioning it could be different. For me, itís usually pretty cheap to get to JFK but generally not so to get to LGA.
I do realize that shuttles exist but that adds another step, time, and cost to the trip.
not a big deal, just noticed the discrepancy.
Sorry - i was looking for JFK fares via the NYC code and so that made its way into thread title. I just took one flight as a sample (with the NYC search) to help people. Please excuse me for trying to help people. I understand why this demands the amount of critique that you have given it...
ATLConsultant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 19, 3:03 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 MillionMiler; Marriott Platinum
Posts: 238
Originally Posted by channa View Post
I'm seeing it on SkyTeam out of SFO too.

Yeah, i saw that. I was ONE DAY late booking it out of NYC for ST. I hope it will come back!!! We're wanting to use it as a springboard to Rome and Athens for a cruise this fall. I need that flight to be ST so i can make Platinum status next year.

ATL
ATLConsultant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 19, 3:06 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: GNV
Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Posts: 294
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant View Post
Sorry - i was looking for JFK fares via the NYC code and so that made its way into thread title. I just took one flight as a sample (with the NYC search) to help people. Please excuse me for trying to help people. I understand why this demands the amount of critique that you have given it...
Whodunit68 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 19, 9:17 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 MillionMiler; Marriott Platinum
Posts: 238

You obviously have very few friends. Leaving it at that. *sigh*
CFM3RD likes this.
ATLConsultant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 19, 9:19 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 MillionMiler; Marriott Platinum
Posts: 238
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant View Post
Yeah, i saw that. I was ONE DAY late booking it out of NYC for ST. I hope it will come back!!! We're wanting to use it as a springboard to Rome and Athens for a cruise this fall. I need that flight to be ST so i can make Platinum status next year.

ATL

It's back!!! We just booked the JFK to BUD in biz on AlItalia for $2286 each, including one night's stay at a 4 star hotel in Budapest (expedia).

Then a cheap economy flight on AlItalia to Rome to catch the cruise ship and then another quick cheap one way fare on RyanAir from ATH to BUD after the cruise! We even got Delta equipment on the way home, out of PRG!

The economy class tix cost us $160 each total including baggage and we get Delta Skymiles on one leg. A little over 22K skymiles and a little over 14K MQMs on the NYC-BUD R/T flight.



ATL

Last edited by ATLConsultant; Mar 21, 19 at 9:29 pm
ATLConsultant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 19, 5:04 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Dallas, TX, USA AA Plat
Posts: 1,329
Interesting price -- JFK - which runs through PHL then to BUD -- $2,200 ish
PHL - BUD -- same flight -- $3,100 ish.

Got to love these pricing models.

What would it be booked on Iberia direct? If $2,200 -- then 25% of the 8,700 miles is 2,186 --- so about the same as buying from AA.

Next question -- who's J is better? BA, AA, IB? It would be cool if the code was IA. ha.
CFM3RD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 19, 12:01 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ USA
Programs: AA EXEC PLT 2 MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, Hyatt EXPL, Accor SLV, HH GOLD, BW DIA, IHG PLT, UA GLD
Posts: 730
OneWorld still active. Booking on AA JFK-LON-BUD RT in June around $2292. Booking on BA with AARP does generate $200 discount.
fmkgb is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread