Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM/KLM: AMS-Mexico from €1,289 and earn 5222 MQDs!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AM/KLM: AMS-Mexico from €1,289 and earn 5222 MQDs!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: Up there, Route 36 LaPaz Diamond
Thanks for the fare deal tip OP
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You obviously haven't been paying attention much. These are areas that till recently were safe from the drug cartels violence. This isn't a stabbing here or there, or threat of robbery. This is extreme violence, beheadings of multiple people, etc... Mexico is even aghast at the extremes the violence has gotten to.
Meh, not much different than a weekend in Chicago/MSP or any other large sewer in America.
I just spent two weeks visiting friends in the Yucatan and had a blast as usual..Don't be flashy and avoid the dope game.

Last edited by CarolinaCoopers; Mar 17, 2019 at 8:12 pm Reason: oops
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoopers
Thanks for the fare deal tip OP

Meh, not much different than a weekend in Chicago/MSP or any other large sewer in America.
I just spent two weeks visiting friends in the Yucatan and had a blast as usual..Don't be flashy and avoid the dope game.
Must visit different parts of Chicago than I do. Murders do occur, but I've yet to hear about multiple beheadings.

I'm not saying don't go, but don't think that because it's a tourist area you're immune, that's no longer the case. The old standard of extreme violence stopping at the tourist cities borders doesn't apply anymore.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
The victims of violence are mostly either mob themselves, or those who oppose them (activists, journalists, uncorrupt state agent etc). It's extremely sad and sickening. That said it should not scare you off travelling to this wonderful country with its hospitable and friendly population.

On the other hand, what would put me off AM is their recent accident where pilot was too rookie to be allowed to fly and his instructor too rookie to be allowed to teach... a bloody miracle nobody died.
caliform likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Must visit different parts of Chicago than I do. Murders do occur, but I've yet to hear about multiple beheadings.
I'm a little puzzled at your focus on the method used - a murder is still a murder, regardless of how it was carried out!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Hey everyone.

I booked these flights. I will transit through Mexico City with an onward flight to CUN from Amsterdam. Any idea on arrival procedures. From what I can work out is we have to clear immigration in Mexico City is this correct?

I am assuming our luggage will be ticketed through to Cun or will we need to check it back in after collecting it. we only have a 3 hour window.

tried to find this stuff online but struggling.

Any tips would be most welcome.

thanks
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:36 pm

Here is info, based on my experiences. Certainly could have changed from the several times I transited MEX last year

Yes you will have to clear customs
I don't believe your luggage will be "checked thru" you will need to pick it up when clearing and put it back "into the system"
3 hours SHOULD be good. But I have been in MEX when almost the entire hall is full and it always seems like there are a LOT of people that NEVER flew before here.
If your getting the feeling that MEX is not "joy" to transit thru, your right. But there are not many options otherwise, just smile and try to get thru and then back thru security again upstairs, so you make your next departure on time. Personally I find that I just walk up to use the Kiosks and its pretty decent. Used to be they would have them all there but only allow some or no folks actually use them!! even when they were busy. Think they are relaxing that. And the last couple times I just walked up to the kiosks and used them (like I knew what I was doing) and they were fine with it.
Have a good time in Cancun and what seems like a good priced ticket from AMS too. I think they use the Dreamliner -9 on that route right? nicer than the -8, IMHO.

Originally Posted by dewby
Hey everyone.

I booked these flights. I will transit through Mexico City with an onward flight to CUN from Amsterdam. Any idea on arrival procedures. From what I can work out is we have to clear immigration in Mexico City is this correct?

I am assuming our luggage will be ticketed through to Cun or will we need to check it back in after collecting it. we only have a 3 hour window.

thanks
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:29 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Cheers Rizrizriz.

Much appreciated.

Yes, 787-9 on that route, which is great and the ticket was great value. Even over holidays like easter this fare is available.

Thanks once again.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Hey everyone.

thanks
Yes, clear immigration first and pickup the bag, to re-check it onward to your final destination. Basically: the USA system. Nothing different.

Remember that IF you have a KLM operated flight in your booking that KLM is using the other terminal. You need (much) more time to transit since you need to take a train service (free), that train is not running too quick/often.

The victims of violence are mostly either mob themselves, or those who oppose them (activists, journalists, uncorrupt state agent etc). It's extremely sad and sickening. That said it should not scare you off travelling to this wonderful country with its hospitable and friendly population.
Well I am not a victim of really serious crime, but my last visit to PVR got me fraud on all my 3 creditcards (VISA, AX and MC). How? I don't know but somehow someone managed to get data. The Visa and AX were not even used in Mexico and always in my (locked) suitcase. Go figure!
I travel a lot, and indeed sometimes have fraud cases on my cards (very random), but this was just 'too much' at once.

I love Mexico though. Just be cautious especially in darkness and quiet areas!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Hey everyone.

thanks
Relatively straightforward procedure as others have mentioned, 3 hours will be more than enough time.
In case your AMS flight is delayed and you arrive to late, AM will put you on the next flight to CUN.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
This fare is back...
Flights start at €1429 and would earn 22916 RDMs 17187 MQMs 4583 MQDs 2.86 MQD Ratio for flyers crediting to Delta...

Sample Flights from €1429!

​​​​​
Source: My site PremiumCabinDeals
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:05 am

AMS to MEX or CUN €1490

Aeromexico Business class to Mexico or Cancun from Amsterdam
787 airplane
Dates : Oct / April
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Quite surprised that the €1,289 pricing to CUN is still here, is AM really doing that badly on AMS-MEX...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.