Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Skyteam or Oneworld : $1,785 RT Business IAH - MXP

Skyteam or Oneworld : $1,785 RT Business IAH - MXP

Reply

Old Mar 10, 19, 11:37 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: DFW, Texas; J Cabin of an Airline
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, DL DM, AS MVPG, MR Plat, HH Diamond
Posts: 782
Originally Posted by tobikosan View Post
The AA product looks sketchy as does that of BA. Anyone have have insight into what routes and days have a better product? I guess it's a good price for great PE.
You would be in AA lie flat J... not PE. Hard product is perfectly serviceable.
IWontRegretThis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 19, 12:01 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 19
Use CHASEBA10 for an additional 10% discount. I got my fare down to $1475.
CFM3RD and vincewy like this.
Philam24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 19, 12:39 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: AS MVPG
Posts: 185
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis View Post
You would be in AA lie flat J... not PE. Hard product is perfectly serviceable.
I'm 6'5'' and the reviews were that people even shorter than I were not able to lie flat. Really had not read much positive about the AA or BA product. I know reviews are often negative but these seemed more factual. I was being facetious about it being PE.

I'd have a lot of connecting to do so while I'd easily buy this if either end point, if the hard product is sub par I might not.
tobikosan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 19, 12:40 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: AS MVPG
Posts: 185
Originally Posted by Philam24 View Post
Use CHASEBA10 for an additional 10% discount. I got my fare down to $1475.
This is using a Visa on BA?
tobikosan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 19, 12:48 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: DFW, Texas; J Cabin of an Airline
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, DL DM, AS MVPG, MR Plat, HH Diamond
Posts: 782
Originally Posted by tobikosan View Post
I'm 6'5'' and the reviews were that people even shorter than I were not able to lie flat. Really had not read much positive about the AA or BA product. I know reviews are often negative but these seemed more factual. I was being facetious about it being PE.

I'd have a lot of connecting to do so while I'd easily buy this if either end point, if the hard product is sub par I might not.
I am ~6'4, and found both products serviceable from a foot room standpoint (BA CW has no foot height restrictions as its not a cub design, but some of AA's J products are much better than others (789 super diamond seat and some 772's + 77W J seats are perfectly fine for me, Ive have probably logged about 200k in J on AA's various seats and maybe 80k on BA's.

Soft product does leave a lot to be desired unless you get one of those very rare stellar AA crews (ICN-DFW was one of these, easily in my top 10 best flights bc of the crew), but otherwise yeah theres a lot missing to both.

Booked one of these myself for a 3 day weekend in Milan, BA 744 UD windows outbound and AA Super Diamond 772 on the way back.
tobikosan likes this.

Last edited by IWontRegretThis; Mar 10, 19 at 1:24 pm
IWontRegretThis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 19, 1:50 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 MillionMiler; Marriott Platinum
Posts: 252
This is NOT available on SkyTeam. May want to update the thread title.
ATLConsultant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 19, 2:17 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by tobikosan View Post
This is using a Visa on BA?
I was able to book with my AMEX Platinum. However, I do have a BA Visa linked to my BA account so I'm wondering if that's why I was able to use my AMEX.
tobikosan likes this.
Philam24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 19, 3:43 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: AS MVPG
Posts: 185
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis View Post
I am ~6'4, and found both products serviceable from a foot room standpoint (BA CW has no foot height restrictions as its not a cub design, but some of AA's J products are much better than others (789 super diamond seat and some 772's + 77W J seats are perfectly fine for me, Ive have probably logged about 200k in J on AA's various seats and maybe 80k on BA's.

Soft product does leave a lot to be desired unless you get one of those very rare stellar AA crews (ICN-DFW was one of these, easily in my top 10 best flights bc of the crew), but otherwise yeah theres a lot missing to both.

Booked one of these myself for a 3 day weekend in Milan, BA 744 UD windows outbound and AA Super Diamond 772 on the way back.
Super helpful thx. What days of the week did you find fly to get the good hard product?. I'm a bit newbie to easily figured that out.

Last edited by tobikosan; Mar 10, 19 at 3:49 pm
tobikosan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 19, 4:22 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: DFW, Texas; J Cabin of an Airline
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, DL DM, AS MVPG, MR Plat, HH Diamond
Posts: 782
Originally Posted by tobikosan View Post
Super helpful thx. What days of the week did you find fly to get the good hard product?. I'm a bit newbie to easily figured that out.
Outbound via IAH (IAH-LHR-MXP) is the ~4pm departure on BA, so can see that its a 747 that has a decent product when you have a seat upstairs. AA on the return LHR-DFW, just saw that via the seat map its one of the high-J 772s without rear facing seats, so must be a super diamond layout vs the zodiac yin/yang that I and most others dislike.
tobikosan likes this.
IWontRegretThis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 19, 4:33 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by nickohrn View Post
The fare allows stopovers, too - $200 each.

This actually fits really well with some plans of mine, so thank you for posting OP - really great fare.
I was not able to book a London stopover using AARP discount (all BA metal). How did you do it?
mchangmd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 19, 4:59 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 209
Originally Posted by mchangmd View Post
I was not able to book a London stopover using AARP discount (all BA metal). How did you do it?
I didn't use the AARP discount - I booked through AA to use up a bunch of gift cards that I had sitting around. That being said, I couldn't figure out a way to get BA's booking interface to provide the stopover anyways, so I'm not sure if it is possible.
nickohrn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 19, 5:00 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: AS MVPG
Posts: 185
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis View Post
Outbound via IAH (IAH-LHR-MXP) is the ~4pm departure on BA, so can see that its a 747 that has a decent product when you have a seat upstairs. AA on the return LHR-DFW, just saw that via the seat map its one of the high-J 772s without rear facing seats, so must be a super diamond layout vs the zodiac yin/yang that I and most others dislike.
I see. They are switching out flight 194 from 777 to 747 April 1st. Looking closer in.
tobikosan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 19, 4:35 pm
  #28  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 34,923
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis View Post
Outbound via IAH (IAH-LHR-MXP) is the ~4pm departure on BA, so can see that its a 747 that has a decent product when you have a seat upstairs. AA on the return LHR-DFW, just saw that via the seat map its one of the high-J 772s without rear facing seats, so must be a super diamond layout vs the zodiac yin/yang that I and most others dislike.
If connecting in London, and Milan is your final, strongly recommend LIN over MXP. LIN is MUCH closer (e.g., The LaGuardia of Milan). The fare is filed to MIL (Milan, all airports) and prices the same to either MXP or LIN.
tobikosan and Gino Troian like this.
channa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 19, 6:35 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: DFW, Texas; J Cabin of an Airline
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, DL DM, AS MVPG, MR Plat, HH Diamond
Posts: 782
Originally Posted by channa View Post
If connecting in London, and Milan is your final, strongly recommend LIN over MXP. LIN is MUCH closer (e.g., The LaGuardia of Milan). The fare is filed to MIL (Milan, all airports) and prices the same to either MXP or LIN.
My inbound is via LIN, outbound via MXP (wanted to sleep in the extra almost 3hr between the 2)
IWontRegretThis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 19, 4:55 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Posts: 656
Originally Posted by nickohrn View Post
I ended up purchasing IAH-LHR // LHR-MXP // MXP-LHR-LAS-PHX-IAH. I'll jump off in Las Vegas once I hit home. Cost per passenger was $2,179.33. I used ITA Matrix to pull up the itinerary, BookWithMatrix to generate a bookable link, and then went through the American Airlines site to actually book it (and was able to use a bunch of gift cards from various American Airlines credits).

Pretty stoked for a couple of days in Milan at the end of a trip I was already taking.
Thanks for this. Got 1746 IAH-LHR-MXP-LHR-LAX-IAH w/ AARP.
nickohrn likes this.
frebay is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread