Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Is it better to have a RT JFk-SIN-FRA-SIN-JFK rather than two OWs to/from FRA in D, if one is to make subsequent changes?

I haven’t seen complete fare rules, but typically any changes after departure only incur the change fee, and no reprice. So if one wants to make changes to the “second” trip FRA-SIN-JFK, this may be beneficial, assuming they don’t rebook you on FRA-JFK direct.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by zebranz
I did not try (see my previous posts) but was afraid believing this was a Zone 11-Zone 13 ticket might be too much for the computer. Did you try as a r/t or did you try as 1 way segments? Was "O" available on the flights your tried?
I haven't looked for O, but the error was that it wasn't possible, as opposed to no upgrades being available.

The one thing I'm worried about is that if I am able to upgrade it that I might not be able to credit the flights to Alaska. I would much rather spend 50 hours in their nice F suite instead of J, but even in J it'll still be nice.

Haven't let the wife know that I bought these flights yet, just waiting to figure out what cabin we'll be in
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Maybe someone with SQ knowledge can advise procedure for online upgrade of individual flights instead of a ticket. Obviously (Rule#1), cannot call in to SQ for help.

I was going to try to buy "U" instead of "D" and upgrade (and if not cancel within 24 hours) but no "O" was available on my flights.

I also plan to credit to AS and if you upgrade using Kris miles I would imagine have to do so with KF#. I was going to try and risk it and then before I flew try to delete KF#.

As to not telling the boss- better be careful as you might end up with two seats for yourself.... or you will be in the "kennel class."
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by vip66
Is it better to have a RT JFk-SIN-FRA-SIN-JFK rather than two OWs to/from FRA in D, if one is to make subsequent changes?

I haven’t seen complete fare rules, but typically any changes after departure only incur the change fee, and no reprice. So if one wants to make changes to the “second” trip FRA-SIN-JFK, this may be beneficial, assuming they don’t rebook you on FRA-JFK direct.
Attached are my fare rules which came with SQ direct booking
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Fare Rules SQ JFK-FRA.pdf (64.2 KB, 336 views)
jfkeze likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Thank you!

These SQ rules don't seem to follow the standard fare rule format, or at least not the one I am used to. There does not seem to be any stipulation about changes and reissue, but SQ was showing $250 fee for rebooking on their site for D-fare.

Edit: I found the fare rules in my Orbitz booking. Here is what it says in the penalties section:

(16)PE.PENALTIES

FROM/TO AREA 1 FOR D15USRLC TYPE FARES CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN CASE OF CANCEL. NOTE - -------------------------------------------------- FOR ALL JOURNEYS BEFORE/AFTER FIRST FLIGHT DEPARTURE - NOT ALLOWED -------------------------------------------------- THE ABOVE CHARGE DOES NOT APPLY TO INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT. -------------------------------------------------- IN CASE OF TICKET UPGRADE THE ORIGINAL NON-REFUNDABLE AMOUNT REMAINS NON-REFUNDABLE. -------------------------------------------------- YQ WILL NOT BE REFUNDED FOR NON-REFUNDABLE FARES. EXCEPT FOR TICKETS ISSUED IN TAIWAN/INDIA/SOUTH AFRICA AND BRAZIL. -------------------------------------------------- IN CASES OF NO-SHOW TICKET IS CONSIDERED AS UTILISED AND CANNOT BE REFUNDED OR REBOOKED UNLESS PROOF OF CANCELLATION FOR THE RESERVATIONS ON AFFECTED TICKET BEFORE SCHEDULED FLIGHT DEPARTURE TIME IS PROVIDED. -------------------------------------------------- FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS THE STRICTER FARE CONDITIONS WILL APPLY TO THE ENTIRE JOURNEY. -------------------------------------------------- CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE USD 250.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION. NOTE - -------------------------------------------------- FOR JOURNEYS TO/FROM AMERICAS / EUROPE / AFRICA SOUTHWEST PACIFIC EXCEPT FOR JOURNEYS BETWEEN RUSSIA AND SWEDEN OR BETWEEN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND BEFORE/AFTER FIRST FLIGHT DEPARTURE - USD250 -------------------------------------------------- THE ABOVE CHARGE HAS TO BE CONVERTED INTO LOCAL CURRENCY AT THE BANKERS SELLING RATE. -------------------------------------------------- THE ABOVE CHARGE DOES NOT APPLY TO INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT. -------------------------------------------------- THE NEW BASE FARE MUST BE EQUAL OR HIGHER THAN THE ORIGINAL BASE FARE FOLLOWING ANY TICKET CHANGES. -------------------------------------------------- IN CASE OF TICKET UPGRADE THE ORIGINAL NON- REFUNDABLE AMOUNT REMAINS NON-REFUNDABLE. -------------------------------------------------- IN CASES OF NO-SHOW TICKET IS CONSIDERED AS UTILISED AND CANNOT BE REFUNDED OR REBOOKED UNLESS PROOF OF CANCELLATION FOR THE RESERVATIONS ON AFFECTED TICKET BEFORE SCHEDULED FLIGHT DEPARTURE TIME IS PROVIDED. -------------------------------------------------- FOR ANY TICKET CHANGES THE STRICTER FARE CONDITIONS WILL APPLY TO THE ENTIRE JOURNEY. -------------------------------------------------- NOTE - SQ CUSTOMER COMMITMENT - SINGAPORE AIRLINES WILL ALLOW CONSUMERS TO CANCEL A RESERVATION MADE USING THE SINGAPORE AIRLINES WEB SITE /WWW.SINGAPOREAIR.COM/ WITHOUT PENALTY FOR 24 HOURS AFTER THE RESERVATION IS MADE. AS LONG AS THAT RESERVATION IS MADE ONE WEEK OR MORE PRIOR TO A FLIGHT/S SCHEDULED DEPARTURE ------------------------------------ CONSUMERS WILL NEED TO CALL OUR CONTACT CENTRE TO CANCEL SUCH ONLINE BOOKINGS NOTE - A USD50 SERVICE FEE WILL BE CHARGED FOR TICKETING SERVICES PROVIDED BY SINGAPOREAIR AIRLINES STAFF AT THE AIRPORTS / TICKET OFFICE / OR THROUGH SINGAPORE AIRLINE/S TELEPHONE RESERVATION LINE. ------ A USD150 SERVISE FEE WILL BE CHARGED FOR SERVICING RTW AND AIRPASS TICKETS. --- FEES WILL BE LEVIED FOR THE FOLLOWING TRACTIONS - TICKET / MCO REFUND - NEW TICKET ISSUANCE - TICKET RE-ISSUANCE OR REVALIDATION - SINGAPORE STOPOVER HOLIDAY HOTELS -- THE SERVICE FEE OF USD50 OR USD150 IS NON-REFUNDABLE
I do not quite see what happens with repricing after departure and whether it will be based on historical fares or something else. Any clues?

Last edited by vip66; Mar 21, 2019 at 4:16 pm
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by vip66
Thank you!

These SQ rules don't seem to follow the standard fare rule format, or at least not the one I am used to. There does not seem to be any stipulation about changes and reissue, but SQ was showing $250 fee for rebooking on their site for D-fare.

Maybe it's time to head over to EF and see what it says there.
Here you go-
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
ExpertFlyer_D15USRLC.pdf (81.2 KB, 81 views)
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:39 pm

So we are all in agreement that D fares are not upgradable, right? I think SQ’s website says this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:23 am

If anyone has gotten this to work with sfo in route great to see.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by George84
So we are all in agreement that D fares are not upgradable, right? I think SQ’s website says this.
Read Post 67.......
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by thaitraveller
I tried with LAX and ended up a thousand dollars more so did not even try SFO (but that was originating in JFK). Fare Rules do not spell out fare ($$$). Fares are based on origin and destination. Even if you can get SFO to work (which you can) the fare is not the $2200-$2400.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by thaitraveller
Doubtful. Even though the stopover rules include SFO, the permitted routing for this fare does not allow travel via SFO.

AT01* /VIA THE ATLANTIC/ PUBLISHED RTG 6999 1. NYC-SQ-FRA-SQ-SIN-SQ/MI-FRA 2. NYC-SQ-SIN-SQ/MI-FRA 3. NYC-SQ-FRA
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Doubtful. Even though the stopover rules include SFO, the permitted routing for this fare does not allow travel via SFO.

AT01* /VIA THE ATLANTIC/ PUBLISHED RTG 6999 1. NYC-SQ-FRA-SQ-SIN-SQ/MI-FRA 2. NYC-SQ-SIN-SQ/MI-FRA 3. NYC-SQ-FRA
I'm not a true expert, but reading fare rules, a stopover in FRA should be allowed.
Though seems I can't price it as SQ.com gives an error "route not operated" and OTA/Matrix/Kayak shows only full fare J pricing each segmnet separately

Any hint?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by maclover
I'm not a true expert, but reading fare rules, a stopover in FRA should be allowed.
Though seems I can't price it as SQ.com gives an error "route not operated" and OTA/Matrix/Kayak shows only full fare J pricing each segmnet separately

Any hint?
I guess we cant even transit via origin or destination city, not saying about a stopover. SIN-FRA via JFK is a direct service (single flight number), not non-stop though so FRA is not considered a transfer point there.

Correction: obviously I meant SIN-JFK via FRA above

Last edited by Keter; Mar 23, 2019 at 12:14 am
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:26 pm

Snagged JFK-SIN-FRA (D - business) FRA-JFK (V - economy) for $1712. Worked out perfectly for a work trip to Singapore in October. Wanted to do a longer stop-over in FRA on the way back, but couldn't get it to price anywhere close when adding a layover. Either way, thanks to the OP for alerting on this deal.

-Dan
jfkeze likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:56 pm

It isn’t completely clear how to book a multi-cabin trip, especially on the Singapore website. Can anyone provide a suggestion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.