Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
Has anyone been able to book multi city trip so one can use 3 business sector and book the last economy sector at a random date few months later so we can get the miles for all sectors in 'D' and not use the Economy sector.
why does it have to be a few months later? That will be difficult. A few days should suffice, no?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Originally Posted by cfischer
why does it have to be a few months later? That will be difficult. A few days should suffice, no?
Few weeks I guess, it took about 3 weeks to gets miles credited to my AS account last time.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: Currently without any status :(
Originally Posted by thaitraveller
I see SFO as an option on the stopover. Has anyone used that as part of this to construct something from /through SFO.
seconding that question, as I am still trying to get my head into fare rules

It looks like when loading this sale fare /SIN got appended to the rules: 2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION IN LAX/SFO/NYC/HOU/SIN, and oddly enough SQ's routing rules for all their JFK-FRA fares allow a stop in SIN:
/VIA THE ATLANTIC/
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Few weeks I guess, it took about 3 weeks to gets miles credited to my AS account last time.
not sure why that is relevant here ...
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
not sure why that is relevant here ...
It's relevant because he wants to throw away the last segment of this fare
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by jjangoo
It's relevant because he wants to throw away the last segment of this fare
AS will post all segments flown assuming eligible fare class. Throwing away a segment will not affect mileage earning of flown segments.
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Anyone get the biz portion to book into another Fare basis- "D" cannot be upgraded, "Z,C,J,U" can be upgraded to suites.

Other than ease of dealing with SQ for changes or problems is there any reason to book with SQ and pay $200 more than OTA? (my dates are $2420 v $2252)
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by truncated
Fare appears to be still live but expires 19MAR19 (i.e. today) so book fast I guess
Not this one but NYC-SIN companion fare.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by zebranz
Anyone get the biz portion to book into another Fare basis- "D" cannot be upgraded, "Z,C,J,U" can be upgraded to suites.

Other than ease of dealing with SQ for changes or problems is there any reason to book with SQ and pay $200 more than OTA? (my dates are $2420 v $2252)
U fare class has the same "routing" mistake that @truncated pointed out, base fare $590 more

when you go through SQ.com, you can pick "Business Standard" instead of business lite, pulls up U class

Has anyone been able to book multi city trip so one can use 3 business sector and book the last economy sector at a random date few months later so we can get the miles for all sectors in 'D' and not use the Economy sector.
why? you can just book a NYC-FRA-SIN-FRA "one-way" ticket at $1583 ($2173 for U class)

Fare appears to be still live but expires 19MAR19 (i.e. today) so book fast I guess
i don't see an expiration date on the fare, just needs D fare availability and purchased 21-day before (plus stopover rules)

Last edited by paperwastage; Mar 19, 2019 at 5:29 pm
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by paperwastage
i don't see an expiration date on the fare, just needs D fare availability and purchased 21-day before (plus stopover rules)
Ah got it mixed up with the PY promo (~$1k RT for JFK/EWR-SIN) which does end 19Mar -- the SQ website does say book by 31 Mar though: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...ankfurt_62313/
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:31 pm

Ah got it mixed up with the PY promo (~$1k RT for JFK/EWR-SIN) which does end 19Mar -- the SQ website does say book by 31 Mar though: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...ankfurt_62313/
probably different fare?

your link's travel range ends in September 2019. this "one-way" fare is available into next year
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:35 pm

[QUOTE=paperwastage;30906932]U fare class has the same "routing" mistake that @truncated pointed out, base fare $590 more

when you go through SQ.com, you can pick "Business Standard" instead of business lite, pulls up U class

Thanks- tried on my date(s) and changes to $3300 from $2420 for "U." A bit too much to then take a chance in trying to upgrade. Also not sure if SQ would consider this a Zone 11-Zone 13 r/t ticket with a stop (like we are making it). Was worth the exercise/education.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:38 pm

U fare class has the same "routing" mistake that @truncated pointed out, base fare $590 more

Thanks- tried on my date(s) and changes to $3300 from $2420 for "U." A bit too much to then take a chance in trying to upgrade. Also not sure if SQ would consider this a Zone 11-Zone 13 r/t ticket with a stop (like we are making it). Was worth the exercise/education.
you should still get 24-hr free cancel when booking directly

$250 cancellation fee after

if you have enough points in account, find a date where upgrade is available, then try? if you have to call in to try, please don't

should be able to try the upgrade online
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:00 pm

you should still get 24-hr free cancel when booking directly

$250 cancellation fee after

if you have enough points in account, find a date where upgrade is available, then try? if you have to call in to try, please don't

should be able to try the upgrade online
I will continue to play around. I don't have enough Kris points so unsure if would even let me try. I was planning on transferring from AMEX. I will look at Expert Flyer to see what it shows and may give it a try just to see.

And I know Rule#1....
No upgrades I could find for weeks of my travel time showing on Expert Flyer.

Last edited by zebranz; Mar 19, 2019 at 7:14 pm Reason: update
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:09 pm

I will continue to play around. I don't have enough Kris points so unsure if would even let me try. I was planning on transferring from AMEX. I will look at Expert Flyer to see what it shows and may give it a try just to see.
actually it says (Zone 11-13)

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...radeCharts.pdf

The mileage indicated is only valid for non-stop flights (no connections or
transits) between two destinations.

best case they'll charge individual segments (zone 1-13 plus zone 1-110. worse case they'll cancel this mistake ticket (or make you pay the $ difference)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.