Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by thaitraveller
Is this possible same fare half for one way sing to jfk
Short answer No... but try this fare the AMD-SIN-EWR fare
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
At least some of the cheapest fares appear to be errors. Will be interesting to hear from folks once they [attempt to] fly these bookings.

For example, just priced at $1448 via Kayak (Justfly fare).

Clicked on Fare Rules tab and an economy fare basis appears:

Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:31 pm

Anyone call Amex to see the IAP price on the business fare?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
At least some of the cheapest fares appear to be errors. Will be interesting to hear from folks once they [attempt to] fly these bookings.

For example, just priced at $1448 via Kayak (Justfly fare).

Clicked on Fare Rules tab and an economy fare basis appears:

I dont think so. Its been a week since I booked and my ticket is not cancelled. I could even select my business seats on the Singapore airlines website after booking. I believe its common convention that the most restrictive fare basis applies to the entire ticket.
NYC Flyer and kellejil like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Glenn Lee
I believe its common convention that the most restrictive fare basis applies to the entire ticket.
The most restrictive penalties associated with the fare rules apply in most cases. Each component fare on a ticket has a specific fare basis that determines the price. If there was a reference to any other fare basis than V15USRL in the rules, I missed it. Are you able to share the fare bases on your ticket, if different?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
The most restrictive penalties associated with the fare rules apply in most cases. Each component fare on a ticket has a specific fare basis that determines the price. If there was a reference to any other fare basis than V15USRL in the rules, I missed it. Are you able to share the fare bases on your ticket, if different?
Not sure what the deal is with OTAs (try to avoid them as much as possible), but the ~$2.3k round trips booked through SQ are on a D fare basis (D15USRLC) so it's an actual Business fare and it shows up as business and all that.

That said I dug a little deeper into the fare rules and it seems like this is a JFK-FRA RT sale fare that somehow allows for a stopover in SIN(!) — which is why when booking on the SQ website one has to book multi-city (e.g. JFK-SIN, SIN-FRA, FRA-JFK) to get a ~$2k price, while JFK-SIN RT prices at ~$4k.

It looks like when loading this sale fare /SIN got appended to the rules: 2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION IN LAX/SFO/NYC/HOU/SIN, and oddly enough SQ's routing rules for all their JFK-FRA fares allow a stop in SIN:
/VIA THE ATLANTIC/
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. NYC-SQ-FRA-SQ-SIN-SQ/MI-FRA
2. NYC-SQ-SIN-SQ/MI-FRA
3. NYC-SQ-FRA

Which is how we end up with a valid ~$2.3k JFK-SIN RT fare (well JFK-FRA with a stop in SIN).

In addition some of the cheaper fares with either JFK-FRA or FRA-JFK in Y or PY seem plausible given how the D15USRLC fare looks like it's combinable (e.g. JFK-FRA in V/W + FRA-SIN-FRA-JFK in D) — and probably explains the first post as well. As for your Kayak screenshot the base fare for D15USRLC is $2230 and V15USRL is $480, so $1448 looks reasonable after you throw in taxes and fees.

Not sure if this falls in the realm of an error fare, and the fare rules haven't been fixed for over a week, but we'll see what SQ does with the bookings I guess (unfortunately I only thought to examine the fare rules >24h after I booked one of these RTs, so can't cancel now and will see what happens)

Also am not sure what the etiquette is regarding this but if I really shouldn't be bringing this to the attention of SQ happy to delete this post as well
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by truncated
Also am not sure what the etiquette is regarding this but if I really shouldn't be bringing this to the attention of SQ happy to delete this post as well
Thanks for the insight. Others may disagree, but if the fare is being discussed at all, and an airline or OTA is monitoring FT, they can easily address potential errors. Your detail may save them a few minutes, at most.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:26 pm

Thanks for the insight. Others may disagree, but if the fare is being discussed at all, and an airline or OTA is monitoring FT, they can easily address potential errors. Your detail may save them a few minutes, at most.
Fair enough and find it somewhat curious that this fare is still live even after a week or so. Although I guess $2.3k for a JFK-SIN RT isn't anywhere as big of a concern as compared to if it were $230 instead
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:32 pm

And I guess question for all those who've been here longer than I have — would you consider this as an error fare and what are the odds of SQ cancelling bookings?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Originally Posted by truncated
And I guess question for all those who've been here longer than I have would you consider this as an error fare and what are the odds of SQ cancelling bookings?
I booked one of the fares (all business) directly on SQ site. So I doubt it is a mistake.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vip66
I booked one of the fares (all business) directly on SQ site. So I doubt it is a mistake.
Agree. The price isn't out of line for a JFK/SIN fare deal for SQ. MU offers nearly year round JFK/SIN J for the same amount . Thus it's not such a low amount to be a mistake. Also mistake fares don't normally stick around this long. Finally SQ has been trying to figure out pricing on the route ever since starting SIN/EWR nonstop .
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by vip66
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Agree. The price isn't out of line for a JFK/SIN fare deal for SQ. MU offers nearly year round JFK/SIN J for the same amount . Thus it's not such a low amount to be a mistake. Also mistake fares don't normally stick around this long. Finally SQ has been trying to figure out pricing on the route ever since starting SIN/EWR nonstop .
While not absurdly low for a JFK-SIN fare, including a permitted stopover/routing via SIN on a fare filed for JFK-FRA strikes me as irregular, particularly since the only routing to SIN is a direct flight via FRA (travel must be via the Atlantic on this fare).

Unlikely this was intentional...so yes, a mistake by carrier's tariff dept with respect to permitted routing/stopover points. Odds are good there will be no issue to fly the itin, though.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Mar 18, 2019 at 7:49 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:39 am

I see SFO as an option on the stopover. Has anyone used that as part of this to construct something from /through SFO.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:37 am

Fare appears to be still live but expires 19MAR19 (i.e. today) so book fast I guess
TEDisgone likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Has anyone been able to book multi city trip so one can use 3 business sector and book the last economy sector at a random date few months later so we can get the miles for all sectors in 'D' and not use the Economy sector.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.