Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Tk cai - dps 1068 eur r/t 787-9

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite

Not a bad deal at all, too bad it's not available from TUN.
14 hour flight each way on the new dreamliner!

https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...9*2.EUR.107479
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Great find! Could only add a longer layover in IST. Does TK send widebody from time to time to CAI?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Great find! Could only add a longer layover in IST. Does TK send widebody from time to time to CAI?
Most TK fares allow stopovers in IST. You can easily build a one via Google Flights from a day to several weeks!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Also available ex-SSH/HRG, though connections are inconvenient. Max. stay is 12 months, which may be really useful to some (it's often 1-3 months on discount J fares).
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Just wish it was avaible closer to Europe. It is available ex TLL for just under 1600 EUR or ex OSL for under 1800 EUR
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 747jetter
Does TK send widebody from time to time to CAI?
Who cares? It is 2 hour flight and the biz seats in TK A321 A320 are very nice.

To the OP: A nice find. Thank you
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Most TK fares allow stopovers in IST. You can easily build a one via Google Flights from a day to several weeks!
Here is a Google Flights Link with nice stopovers in Istanbul...

Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by AirCanada881
Not a bad deal at all, too bad it's not available from TUN.
14 hour flight each way on the new dreamliner!

https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...9*2.EUR.107479
As Turkish gold can I buy 2 tickets x1.5 base fare +tx for myself and another pax travelling together on this fare ?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
This is one of the fares that never go away, but each time it's reported it seems to have edged up a little.

The ability to break the trip in istanbul is useful for anyone jumping ship in istanbul for a cheap flight home to, say London - the IST CAI sector then comes in handy for getting to Cairo for the next trip....

The fly in the ointment is the cost of positioning to Cairo, which for security of connections can require a visa and an overnight stay.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
This is one of the fares that never go away, but each time it's reported it seems to have edged up a little.

The ability to break the trip in istanbul is useful for anyone jumping ship in istanbul for a cheap flight home to, say London - the IST CAI sector then comes in handy for getting to Cairo for the next trip....

The fly in the ointment is the cost of positioning to Cairo, which for security of connections can require a visa and an overnight stay.
Yes except the IST-DPS route is new, starting in July 2019. Thanks for the tip regarding using the IST-CAI leg, didn't think about that though it requires alot of accurate planning!

Can TK not deny boarding based on the order of legs flown rule?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Just noticed TPE which is usually quite expensive can be had R/T for 1,235 EUR R/T ex CAI, example below:
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=T...9*2.EUR.124569
Granite64 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Yes except the IST-DPS route is new, starting in July 2019. Thanks for the tip regarding using the IST-CAI leg, didn't think about that though it requires alot of accurate planning!

Can TK not deny boarding based on the order of legs flown rule?
Yes Bali is new - I was conflating it with the Jakarta fare which has been around since the year dot. Cairo Indonesia has been a bit of an oddity in a number of fare tables: for years it was the route to SEN and HON status for a number of M&M members, with first-class fares on Lufthansa CAI FRA CGK for around $2000. Sadly Lufthansa ditched the Singapore Jakarta tag flight and no longer serves Indonesia.

As for the cleverness with the return coupons, you'd be taking all the flight on the CAI DPS ticket in the correct order - just inserting a separate flight within the sequence: nothing at all wrong with that.

Fare rules even allow you to change the date of that final IST CAI sector for a modest fee, if you can find availability in the correct fare class (I think K).
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is indeed K class and the change fee is only 65 USD so no issue rebooking the last leg IST-CAI at a later stage (once your plans for the next CAI mileage run are firm). Just be careful about the no-show fee USD 195 - even if you cancel in time with the intention of rebooking later, a no-show will be charged. You need to rebook the flight (i.e. with new date/flight) before original date/flight - otherwise you have to pay no-show fee even if you cancel and actually don't no-show.

So just book a long stopover at IST when returning from DSP; then there should be no short checking of bags issue or problems when you later rebook the last leg for USD 65.
nixande likes this.

Last edited by SK AAR; Mar 8, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just noticed TPE which is usually quite expensive can be had R/T for 1,235 EUR R/T ex CAI, example below:
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=T...9*2.EUR.124569
Yeah, the TPE K class fare is even more tempting (I would rather visit Taiwan again for holidays than Bali). Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available for the dates in Oct that I'm looking for.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am trying to book that fare and I can't find anything cheaper than Euro 2,220 !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.