Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AF La Premiere TUN-HKG (return DEL-TUN Y) U$ 2.200

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF La Premiere TUN-HKG (return DEL-TUN Y) U$ 2.200

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
You're not alone. I sent a message to mods. This and the EK deal aren't premium fares. If you could book it oneway sure. However you have to book RT. This is a mixed cabin ticket, not a premium fare.
I do not agree with you. Sometimes the only way to get in a premium cabin for a good price is throw away some part, and the return in economy applies to this. The main target is premium part, one way, return or half way.
Also I find first class part in general forum misleading, I expect to only find economy there and I like not having to dig through hundreds of economy fares to maybe find the one like this. So if I see this there I will “send message to mods”.
ijgordon, CDG 1K, zboub345 and 7 others like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
You're not alone. I sent a message to mods. This and the EK deal aren't premium fares. If you could book it oneway sure. However you have to book RT. This is a mixed cabin ticket, not a premium fare.
So where do you suggest this fare should be posted? I don't see the problem to have it here as long as the title clearly states that the return is in Y. I'd rather have it here than in the Trick It forum or Economy Mileage Runs for sure...

I humbly suggest to make positive posts, proposing a solution in case you don't agree with how things are done. It is a community after all.
ijgordon, CDG 1K, NoY and 10 others like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: Some
So if the fare were a one way ticket for the same price it would count as a deal, but the same itinerary with what is effectively a free Y return ticket that you can choose to either use or not at your discretion isn't? I think you're fighting a losing battle.

We're not talking about hidden city ticketing here, we're talking about a simple return ticket which you choose to use as effectively a one way ticket.
ijgordon, CDG 1K, NoY and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:47 am
Original Poster

I donīt understand why so much drama about this post. Is U$ 2.200 a reasonable one-way fare, on AF F, to be posted here? It seems to be. If I donīt use the economy return, just the pure first class one way, prices would more than double (U$ 4.700). Itīs your call to fly the return portion or not. I donīt expect anyone who may book this fare to fly the return. Does it hurt just to read anything Y along a good F fare? On my previous post about EK, the title hadnīt any mention about the Y return, and it was edited by the mods. So sorry to offend anyone by mentioning "economy" (the horror) in this thread.
CDG 1K, NoY, zboub345 and 10 others like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I get why some think its no issue. I just know you don't come here expecting that a premium fare is really a half premium fare. Also this forum has historically generally had fairly tight standards for thread posting.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:05 am

Thank you OP for posting, this is a good fare
AF seems to like Tunis to offer premium deal.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Carq
I donīt understand why so much drama about this post. Is U$ 2.200 a reasonable one-way fare, on AF F, to be posted here? It seems to be. If I donīt use the economy return, just the pure first class one way, prices would more than double (U$ 4.700). Itīs your call to fly the return portion or not. I donīt expect anyone who may book this fare to fly the return. Does it hurt just to read anything Y along a good F fare? On my previous post about EK, the title hadnīt any mention about the Y return, and it was edited by the mods. So sorry to offend anyone by mentioning "economy" (the horror) in this thread.
thanks to you I booked EK F to try the longest new suite. I will be in Cairo for vacation and so I canceled my orginal return redemption ticket for a fee to take advantage this deal to go to Tokyo. And I will throw away return Y. Keep it up.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:26 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
It's as if people complained about a F fare if it involved a 45min regional connector in Y. Oh my god… there's economy, get it out of the premium forum. 🙄

Some people need to just chill out… if they don't like other people's contributions, instead of complaining how about they contribute a better fare themselves. I wouldn't mind a $2200 round-trip fare… maybe they can share one of those.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by ULDB65
Perhaps you could change the thread titles on these, or post elsewhere, as I expect to find premium cabin fares here, not economy for half of it. Maybe just list the one way in premium?
Thanks.
saw your last messages...

Last edited by zboub345; Mar 8, 2019 at 9:41 am
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Well, I am not one to sit here arguing about a great fare in F — I just went ahead and booked it. Ticketed fine. Thanks OP!
af fp likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by torontochinese
thanks to you I booked EK F to try the longest new suite. I will be in Cairo for vacation and so I canceled my orginal return redemption ticket for a fee to take advantage this deal to go to Tokyo. And I will throw away return Y. Keep it up.
Thatīs great! I'm still waiting, as I plan to travel next february and it isnīt possible to book it on Emirates yet. But iīm a bit undecided if, for the same price, I will choose Emirates or Air France. I hope there are some currency fluctuations to lower this fare a bit more.

Originally Posted by caliform
Well, I am not one to sit here arguing about a great fare in F — I just went ahead and booked it. Ticketed fine. Thanks OP!
Thanks, glad to hear. Do you mind sharing how did you book it?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:50 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Thatīs great! I'm still waiting, as I plan to travel next february and it isnīt possible to book it on Emirates yet. But iīm a bit undecided if, for the same price, I will choose Emirates or Air France. I hope there are some currency fluctuations to lower this fare a bit more.

Do Air France — it's harder to book. There'll be more easy opportunities to fly Emirates.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.

Priceline. There's no way (as far as I can see) to book it w/ Air France. Would've been nice as I get extra miles that way (I have the AFKL Platinum card), but mixed class itineraries are not possible with their online interface unless it's a codeshare glitch. Not sure how OP even browses for these kinds of fares? ITA Matrix?

Ticketed instantly and shows up in my travels in AF.com too.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caliform
Priceline. There's no way (as far as I can see) to book it w/ Air France. Would've been nice as I get extra miles that way (I have the AFKL Platinum card), but mixed class itineraries are not possible with their online interface unless it's a codeshare glitch. Not sure how OP even browses for these kinds of fares? ITA Matrix?

Ticketed instantly and shows up in my travels in AF.com too.
I know itīs not possible to book that through AF site, not sure if calling their ticket center would work. I asked just to make sure priceline is a viable option.
Itīs not difficult to search this fares on Matrix. With Air France, I use "AF+" and "f bc=f" on oubond advanced controls and leave Cabin as "cheapest available".
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:08 pm

I know itīs not possible to book that through AF site, not sure if calling their ticket center would work. I asked just to make sure priceline is a viable option.
Itīs not difficult to search this fares on Matrix. With Air France, I use "AF+" and "f bc=f" on oubond advanced controls and leave Cabin as "cheapest available".
what do I need for the routing code and extension code in order to re-produce this in ITA matrix for both outbound and inbound?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.