Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA/AA CAI - HNL RT in I for 2400 EUR - 840 TP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Avis PC, Bonvoy

TP runs out of Cairo are back although I couldn't find the previous CAI thread.

I booked CAI - LHR - LAX - HNL 25.04 and return on 28.04 via Skyscanner, available on GF as well.
Business, all segments book into I
Yields 840 TPs (2.8 EUR / TP) and aprox 51k avios with Gold/Emerald
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Ioan Madau

I booked CAI - LHR - LAX - HNL 25.04 and return on 28.04 via Skyscanner, available on GF as well.
I guess it's a good fare for Cairenes wanting to go to Hawaii.....

....but I'm not so sure that over £2000, plus the costs and hassle of getting too and from Cairo make it attractive as a TP run
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: British Airways
This fare used to be attractive for €1500 this one is a bit pricey
Calchas and atcanobbio like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver

It's not back, it never went away at that price. But many think that it is too much now. Especially when compared with what it used to be.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
Can get it down to £1.8k and have a more comfortable (lie flat all the way) via DFW
ITA Matrix
AJO, pisco-sour and Gino Troian like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sluneckov
This fare used to be attractive for €1500 this one is a bit pricey
Now I *really* wish I had found the o.g. thread

To other comments: all fair points. Nevertheless, positioning out of HAM cost me 12000 avios and some loose change, I always wanted a weekend in Hawai , the timing is perfect so the thing just hit a spot. And 2.8 eur/tp, while not fantastic, is acceptable in my book
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:10 pm

I've flown a number of these IRCME fares, and in fact have one coming up at the end of April. They exist to many major cities in the US, and you can do stopovers along the way. Very handy if you need/want to visit two places in the US. For example, in April I'm doing CAI-MIA with a stopover in DEN on the return.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody

To other comments: all fair points. Nevertheless, positioning out of HAM cost me 12000 avios and some loose change, I always wanted a weekend in Hawai , the timing is perfect so the thing just hit a spot. And 2.8 eur/tp, while not fantastic, is acceptable in my book
Do the fare rules forbid CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL? That would have boosted the TP haul, but there have been a few fares recently which didn’t allow it I think.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I used to find the old AA multi city tool really useful in booking these type of itineraries. Now that it’s toned it’s a bit more hassle.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by etiene

Do the fare rules forbid CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL? That would have boosted the TP haul, but there have been a few fares recently which didn’t allow it I think.
That use to be my usual annual run. I managed to get it to price out at $2K. Usually it would be $1600 or so.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by etiene

Rules don't forbid the CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL route, but you need all segments on BA codes and availability in I class for all legs...
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

To other comments: all fair points. Nevertheless, positioning out of HAM cost me 12000 avios and some loose change.....
I think its more like 14000 avios plus £100, and that's one-way.
I guess on the return you jump ship in LHR and sacrifice some avios/TPs ? So perhaps fairer to say 50K less 14K less 5K as the net avios gain, though i suppose the 700 TPs are the important thing!

Back to back in Cairo on the way out should be OK. A long day after HAM LHR CAI in Y, but at least you avoid the visa + hotel cost
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Correct, 14k avios, not 12k fro the positioning. I'll be staying a few days in Cairo after and then onwards to DXB on a different booking. Otherwise yes, I'd be very tempted to walkaway from the last segment
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Be very careful with the idea of turn around in Cairo. You need a locally issued boarding pass and there's only 65 minutes between the incoming flight arrival time and the outbound departing. It used to be 8+ hours.
Markie likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the heads-up. I was, of course, aware of that but BA will return to the 8h turnaround for summer 19 and this was part of my decision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.