Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Premium Fare Gone): One World: KTM-various USA from $1100 o/w; $2200 r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Premium Fare Gone): One World: KTM-various USA from $1100 o/w; $2200 r/t

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by stephem
On this AA R fare, the real value
is in the 25k upgrade to F, but that seems to get you into higher fuel surcharges on CX. It’s only $80 to fly from DEL-KTM, so definitely a good one to consider for those who would be in India for work or vacay.
And quite frankly, AA's imitation of an F product isn't really worth 25k. Far better ways to use AA miles for those who are creative...
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by swingaling
And quite frankly, AA's imitation of an F product isn't really worth 25k. Far better ways to use AA miles for those who are creative...
To each his or her own, but i prefer F to J in almost any case. And in my case laying out a mere 125k miles to have 5 of 8 seats in the F cabin for my family is about the best use of miles I can think of. Of course I also routinely pay $500-600 to AUP from J to F on BA. I think both airlines offer an F product that is beat described as “one of the best business class products in the sky” ;-)
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
Ke/aa-ktm-mia o/w $1,190

thought this was a cool fare to get home from Everest or Bhutan. Seems to be available thru EOS...

Looks like it is available to other east coast gateways for under $1,100.

https://flights.app.goo.gl/RmzMS

Last edited by tennislover9; Apr 11, 2019 at 9:06 am
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by tennislover9
thought this was a cool fare to get home from Everest or Bhutan. Seems to be available thru EOS...

Looks like it is available to other east coast gateways for under $1,100.

https://flights.app.goo.gl/RmzMS
Available through HKG for a bit more, but means OW carriers for the entire route.

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=K...p:2.USD.127379

Also available for a lot of other North American cities (JFK, SFO, LAX, ORD, etc).
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Pretty normal fare (see here for example: Aa -cx-qr-ey ktm-nyc $1100-$1500 one way or rountrip $2200) but still definitely a good fare

Great for earning EQMs -- the domestic USA segment(s) book into full J so those credit as 3.0x on AA
Also great for using 25,000 miles (with no copay) to upgrade to flagship F -- you can route KTM-HKG-LAX-JFK-WAS/MIA for ~1100-1200 and HKG-LAX books into R (with LAX-JFK in J), so it counts as "full fare business" for the purpose of doing a mileage upgrade
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:49 pm

There is another thread discussing this fare as well, but nonetheless it's still a very good fare: KE/AA KTM to NYC/WAS/ORD/PHX/LAX OW $1034
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:07 pm

The routing on this one is a lot of fun to play with. Thank you for posting (both this thread and the links to the others). I doubt I'll actually book this one but it is always nice to have an excuse to play with fares like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:01 am

It looks to be fare code RNE00YN3

And I see in ExpertFlyer:

UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
NONE IN CUBA
UNLIMITED IN AREA 1/AREA 3.

And also

NO HIP OR MILEAGE EXCEPTIONS APPLY.

I'm going to be booking at least one of these.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:59 pm

I've booked a couple of these but havent flown them yet. Via HKG is super easy to upgrade to F, lots of A space open. Via ICN gets you a better seat, the 772er seat on is almost flat, but definitely better than the KA regional seat to HKG. Also, apparently KE flies a plane on KTM-ICN that includes F and allows some classes of ticket to sit in the F cabin.

What I love about this fare is how easy it is to book. Comes up on AA.com with little effort. And in R class it is much better for availability than the SQ ex-India fares or the ex-HKG/CN AA I fares.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by mhaines94108
It looks to be fare code RNE00YN3

And I see in ExpertFlyer:

UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
NONE IN CUBA
UNLIMITED IN AREA 1/AREA 3.

And also

NO HIP OR MILEAGE EXCEPTIONS APPLY.

I'm going to be booking at least one of these.
If you do end up finding something interesting, can you please post what your stopovers look like and how much the booking ends up costing you? Thank you so much!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:15 pm

No HIP exceptions apply, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get a low-cost domestic flight out of this. I found it for either Seattle or San Francisco as a destination, you could add a stop over and then include a segment to New York for a very small amount, definitely less than the cost of the ticket for SEA-JFK or SFO-JFK in biz. It doesn’t work for stopover in Los Angeles though, as there is no AA fare anywhere in this range from Kathmandu to Los Angeles.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:50 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by stephem
No HIP exceptions apply, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get a low-cost domestic flight out of this. I found it for either Seattle or San Francisco as a destination, you could add a stop over and then include a segment to New York for a very small amount, definitely less than the cost of the ticket for SEA-JFK or SFO-JFK in biz. It doesn’t work for stopover in Los Angeles though, as there is no AA fare anywhere in this range from Kathmandu to Los Angeles.

Not a stopover, but at least you might get a lie flat across the continent?
https://flights.app.goo.gl/nYTK1

Last edited by BA Humbug; Mar 5, 2019 at 12:40 am
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BA Humbug
Not a stopover, but at least you might get a lie flat across the continent?
https://flights.app.goo.gl/nYTK1
then you may as well spend $80 more, route through JFK, use 25k aa miles to upgrade hkg lax and lax jfk to f and get ffd at lax and jfk and an extra 40 tp for those who are crediting to BA.

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=K...1*2.USD.127491
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by absoluy

then you may as well spend $80 more, route through JFK, use 25k aa miles to upgrade hkg lax and lax jfk to f and get ffd at lax and jfk and an extra 40 tp for those who are crediting to BA.

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=K...1*2.USD.127491
Sorry but what's "get ffd at lax and jfk"?
Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Sorry but what's "get ffd at lax and jfk"?
Thanks!
AA Flagship First Dining.

It’s a separate mini lounge / dining area separated from the Flagship lounges that’s reserved mainly for AA F ticketed passengers flying international F or transcon LAX-JFK or vice versa (along with a few other smaller groups).

Better food, Krug, generally nice vibe and a LOT more relaxing than the main lounges.

Not worth a super significant premium - but if you enjoy flying and want the extra tier points then it’s worth it (to me).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.