Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SQ: NYC - SE Asia, longest flight PE $994+

Old Mar 2, 19, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ status chasing, Marriott/SPG Gold

Spotted on Flights. https://flights.app.goo.gl/zBM1B

SQ offering discounts with that EWR - SIN PE flight. Cheaper to Vietnam, Thailand and Malaysia than just sticking to SIN (which is also on heavy discount). Seems connections from SIN are all Y.

Vietnam:
  • Ho Chi Minh, Danang $994
  • Hanoi $999
Thailand
  • BKK, HKT: $998
Indonesia
  • Jakarta, Densapar: $999
Philippines
  • $998
Singapore: $1078

Some long layovers. I didn't see any immediate turnarounds but they may be there.

Last edited by SightseeMC; Mar 2, 19 at 4:32 pm Reason: Because when I am tired I forget geography
Old Mar 2, 19, 6:33 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Are the connecting flights from SIN to other SE Asia cities PE or just inter-Asia Y? Your link shows MI Y to HKT which may be acceptable for a <2 hour flight. But I don't know if I'd look forward to that on a 3 or 4 hour flight to HAN or MNL.
Old Mar 2, 19, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel View Post
Are the connecting flights from SIN to other SE Asia cities PE or just inter-Asia Y? Your link shows MI Y to HKT which may be acceptable for a <2 hour flight. But I don't know if I'd look forward to that on a 3 or 4 hour flight to HAN or MNL.
As noted, I see all connections in economy.
Old Mar 2, 19, 7:54 am

Programs: MVP
R fare does not credit anything to AS, is that correct?
Old Mar 2, 19, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tdot_guy View Post
R fare does not credit anything to AS, is that correct?
Yes. Sadly Singapore's R doesn't credit for AS or Aegean, and maybe a few other *A programs. It now credits 100% for UA, LH, NH, OZ, and others, per WheretoCredit.com.

Hopefully AS updates that soon, but they may not bother and just wait until they devalue overall to add this code (pure speculation).
Old Mar 2, 19, 8:48 am

Programs: MVP
Originally Posted by SightseeMC View Post
Yes. Sadly Singapore's R doesn't credit for AS or Aegean, and maybe a few other *A programs. It now credits 100% for UA, LH, NH, OZ, and others, per WheretoCredit.com.

Hopefully AS updates that soon, but they may not bother and just wait until they devalue overall to add this code (pure speculation).
thank you
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Mar 2, 19, 10:17 am

Programs: THAI ROP SL, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, SQ KF GO, LCAH GO, Marriott BONVOY SL, HILTON GO
Spotted on Flights. https://flights.app.goo.gl/zBM1B

SQ offering discounts with that EWR - SIN PE flight. Cheaper to Vietnam, Thailand and Malaysia than just sticking to SIN (which is also on heavy discount). Seems connections from SIN are all Y.

Vietnam:
  • Ho Chi Minh, Danang $1,000
  • Hanoi $1,000
Thailand
  • BKK, HKT: $1,000
Malaysia
  • Kuala Lumpur $1,000

Indonesia
  • Jakarta, Denpasar (Bali): $1,000
Philippines
  • $1,000
Singapore: $1,080

Some long layovers. I didn't see any immediate turnarounds but they may be there.
Great find - I read about it here earlier :
https://www.godsavethepoints.com/201...-economy-bali/

Singapore Air has their highly lauded premium economy cabin on sale from New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, with New York starting at $998 all in, and Los Angeles or San Francisco under $1200. Houston and Seattle are available for $1500 too.

Pretty amazing deal to SE Asia, & even more surprising that exEWR gets the biggest discounts vs. West Coast

Also did some minor edits above

p/s it's kinda hilarious that New York to Frankfurt costs USD 1,361 in comparison to SE Asia

Originally Posted by cheltzel View Post
Are the connecting flights from SIN to other SE Asia cities PE or just inter-Asia Y?
Your link shows MI Y to HKT which may be acceptable for a <2 hour flight. But I don't know if I'd look forward to that on a 3 or 4 hour flight to HAN or MNL.
There is no PEY cabin for flights within (SE) Asia on SQ or MI (Silkair), but I think there are some flights with PEY to N. Asia such as Japan, Korea, Hong Kong etc. on the A380 but those cities are not included in this promo.

Silkair has 5 new 737 Max 8 aircraft in service so that may be a better option for intra-Asia.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...8-as-scheduled

Don't think MI flies the MNL route but they do operate to HAN/HKT
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u.../where-we-fly/
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Mar 2, 19, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Ah, thanks for the heads up on GStP. I could have saved myself all that verifying if I had just clicked over there.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 19, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaffir76 View Post
Great find - I read about it here earlier :
https://www.godsavethepoints.com/201...-economy-bali/

Singapore Air has their highly lauded premium economy cabin on sale from New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, with New York starting at $998 all in, and Los Angeles or San Francisco under $1200. Houston and Seattle are available for $1500 too.

Pretty amazing deal to SE Asia, & even more surprising that exEWR gets the biggest discounts vs. West Coast

Also did some minor edits above

p/s it's kinda hilarious that New York to Frankfurt costs USD 1,361 in comparison to SE Asia

There is no PEY cabin for flights within (SE) Asia on SQ or MI (Silkair), but I think there are some flights with PEY to N. Asia such as Japan, Korea, Hong Kong etc. on the A380 but those cities are not included in this promo.

Silkair has 5 new 737 Max 8 aircraft in service so that may be a better option for intra-Asia.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...8-as-scheduled

Don't think MI flies the MNL route but they do operate to HAN/HKT
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u.../where-we-fly/
Also: thanks for the Indonesia catch I was up way too late with this and I am super embarrassed.
kaffir76 likes this.

Last edited by SightseeMC; Mar 2, 19 at 4:29 pm
Old Mar 2, 19, 6:06 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ G
R now credits 100% on TK.
Lisa L and SightseeMC like this.
Old Mar 4, 19, 5:50 am

Programs: LH M&M FTL
Exceptional find!

Just a note for possible RTW attempts with this - one-ways are more expensive (~$1200) than throwing away the return leg.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Mar 9, 19, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Same deal is back. That's at least 3 of the last 4 weekends that this is available. Obviously some revenue planning by SQ.
Old Mar 9, 19, 3:01 pm

Same deal is back. That's at least 3 of the last 4 weekends that this is available. Obviously some revenue planning by SQ.
fare created 28Feb 19 and expires 14March (could be extended, or pulled early)
Old Mar 9, 19, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
fare created 28Feb 19 and expires 14March (could be extended, or pulled early)
Yeah, but during the week I keep seeing the price rise to "normal", then drop on weekends. But I don't search every day, so I may be missing something.
Old Mar 12, 19, 2:24 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, BA, AV, AC, KE, SQ, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Just a heads up that I saw on another thread that R fares are now able to be credited to AS at 100% EQM, but no bonus (apart from your MVP level bonus rate) miles. Alaska's website has been updated and unless it's a typo, it reads "*Singapore Airlines flights flown in R class of service on or after September 1, 2018 are eligible for accrual"!
VegasGambler and SightseeMC like this.

Search this Thread