Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Air China - Business - SIN-SFO $2000

Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Cheap Air China R fare from SIN to SFO via PEK. Not sure what it earns... 787-9 from SIN and 747-8 to SFO.

Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Check the latest TWOV information for China before booking this. Many people are reporting not being permitted to leave the airport, which would be gruesome for a ten hour connection.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Check the latest TWOV information for China before booking this. Many people are reporting not being permitted to leave the airport, which would be gruesome for a ten hour connection.
Unless the traveller has a China visa.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by bobblevins
Unless the traveller has a China visa.
Thus the part about TWOV...
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
10 hrs really = 7hrs and with 45min each way into the city you are left with 5.5 hrs which isnt that great for doing anything particularly interesting and not many places to visit at 7am so effectively not much to be gained.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:16 pm

Question

Are Air China business lounges at PEK that bad that you won't even consider relaxing in them?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:01 pm

The R fare seems to code for 21722 redeemable miles to the Star Alliance carriers except for the LH group where you get 17378 redeemable miles.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by asianmiler
Are Air China business lounges at PEK that bad that you won't even consider relaxing in them?
I definitely would not want to stay 7+ hours in those lounges.
Gino Troian likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Originally Posted by asianmiler
Yes. They're pretty bad.
You can get into first lounge too on these tickets but all that has it fewer people.. Same dimsims on rotation, same everything.

This is probably the 4th time this fare has been posted (be it sfo or lax) so there is a lot more info if you go back a few pages.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:51 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by ttep
Yes. They're pretty bad.
You can get into first lounge too on these tickets but all that has it fewer people.. Same dimsims on rotation, same everything.
While CA First lounge will not win any award IMHO it is still better than UA Clubs It is virtually empty - and they have recently changed the armchairs (new are more comfortable), improved food a bit (edible - ate and I am still alive ), installed new coffee machines.

Set your expectations at a right level ( UA Club +) and you might even be positively surprised.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by TPJ
While CA First lounge will not win any award IMHO it is still better than UA Clubs It is virtually empty - and they have recently changed the armchairs (new are more comfortable), improved food a bit (edible - ate and I am still alive ), installed new coffee machines.

Set your expectations at a right level ( UA Club +) and you might even be positively surprised.
Key to happiness is low expectations.

But yes those lounges are dreadful. I think last time I went out to the burger king or KFC just under the lounge complex to get something edible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.